Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2012 Cars

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,280 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

How muxh extra is an pre 200 number - €1000?

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jomcc

mickdw wrote: »

Think it's €1000 to specify any number............such a waste of money on a Focus......Nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

That number-plate would drive me cracked, the LS needs to be under the Ford badge.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Don't forget the 2% premium for not buying it yesterday, add another 500.

If nobody buys another new car for the next 3mts the vat rate won't be long about going back down.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,280 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Sitec wrote: »
    That number-plate would drive me cracked, the LS needs to be under the Ford badge.

Yes, that would drive me nuts too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Jomcc wrote: »
    Think it's €1000 to specify any number............such a waste of money on a Focus......Nuts.

Thanks for the post. It only seems like a few months since your last thread..

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

If nobody buys another new car for the next 3mts the vat rate won't be long about going back down.

Whats the percentage of total vat take that made up by new cars? I'm guessing not huge?

As for the plate , I'd have rathered 12-LS-12 myself. Had 97-D-97 a couple of years ago. Want the car and plate back :)

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Thanks for the post. It only seems like a few months since your last thread..

Scary..........time flies.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If I was spending €1000 on a reg number Id want them t have the number plate centred...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

A waste on a number, on that car but most of all on a laois reg. Like WTF, a laois reg for Christ sake. I don't think id buy a used car with an LS reg nevermind spending a grand to display the fact you're the greatest idiot in the county. Nuts.

• Advertisement

Maybe he's the lord mayor of Mountmellick or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Saab Ed wrote: »
    A waste on a number, on that car but most of all on a laois reg. Like WTF, a laois reg for Christ sake. I don't think id buy a used car with an LS reg nevermind spending a grand to display the fact you're the greatest idiot in the county. Nuts.

Wouldn't bother me in the slightest I'd be more concerned about the cars condition than the county it came from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Sitec wrote: »
    Saab Ed wrote: »

Wouldn't bother me in the slightest I'd be more concerned about the cars condition than the county it came from.

But it makes it sale proof back in the civilised world. You'd never shift it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Whats the percentage of total vat take that made up by new cars? I'm guessing not huge?

As for the plate , I'd have rathered 12-LS-12 myself. Had 97-D-97 a couple of years ago. Want the car and plate back :)

It's roughly €287 Million *

9jk6c

I'l like to see the year removed from the number plates altogether while SIMI want to have 2 plates a year so you could have something like 97D97ja in January or in June 97D97ju. It's to create 2 buying seasons.

Cool plate, what was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

Scary..........time flies.:D

Scary indeed how this guy wastes €1000 on something that will add precisely nothing in value to his car. He could have got leather or sat nav or something cool but decides to blow it on nothing instead...fair play to him though, it's nutters like him that keep the economy moving!

Cool plate, what was it?

Registration 97D97
    Make RENAULT
    Model SAFRANNE
    Description SAFRANE 2.5 RXE AUTO
    Fuel Type PETROL

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Cool plate, what was it?

Was on a Safrane. Previous owner was a high court judge who owned it from new. I bought it in 06 . He had all the boxes ticked including the egonomic seats (5 rocker switches in each of the front seats controlling a compressor that inflated diffeent parts of the seat from lumber to the bolsters).

Wish I never sold it but I had just started as a Plumber and didnt want to wreck it. Should have mothballed it instead. I pissed the money away anyway :(

veetwin wrote: »
    Scary indeed how this guy wastes €1000 on something that will add precisely nothing in value to his car. He could have got leather or sat nav or something cool but decides to blow it on nothing instead...fair play to him though, it's nutters like him that keep the economy moving!

and that was only for this years car. Same fella had the following

Registration
    03LS201
    FORD
    FOCUS
    FREEDOM 1.4
    PETROL

Registration
    04LS202 (Obvously must have been on the beer this year and slept it out):D
    FORD
    FOCUS
    FREEDOM 5DR 05DR
    PETROL

Registration
    05LS201
    FORD
    FOCUS
    NT 1.4 FREEDOM 5DR
    PETROL

Registration
    06LS201
    FORD
    FOCUS
    NT 1.4 FREEDOM 5DR
    Fuel Type
    PETROL

Registration
    07LS201
    Make
    FORD
    FOCUS
    NT 1.4 FREEDOM 5DR
    PETROL

Registration
    08LS201
    Make
    FORD
    FOCUS
    STYLE 1.4 80PS 5DR
    PETROL

Registration
    09LS201
    Make:FORD:
    FOCUS
    STYLE 1.6 90PS 5SP
    DIESEL

Registration
    10LS201
    Make
    FORD
    FOCUS
    STYLE 1.6TDCI 90PS SI 5DR
    DIESEL

Registration
    11LS201
    FORD
    FOCUS
    STYLE 1.6TDCI 90PS 5DR
    DIESEL

Beginning to see a pattern here. Looks as if he likes the Ford Focus:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

and he like the lower tax but doesn't mind pissing money away on depreciation

• Registered Users Posts: 12,675 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

They are all the most basic model available at the time, cheap git.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Money doesn't buy sense....

Is he one of these drive nothing else but Fords folk? I have an uncle like that, he used to change every 3 years for a new one but is retired now and uses public transport a good bit so I think he'll keep his current Fiesta a while more.

To be fair, he wouldn't have paid extra for any reg other than the one this year,

Used to have a customer who always got 201 as we were the only garage in the county that submitted registrations on the first half of new years day.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    To be fair, he wouldn't have paid extra for any reg other than the one this year,

Used to have a customer who always got 201 as we were the only garage in the county that submitted registrations on the first half of new years day.

Was wondering if that was the story. Next time I'm chatting with salesman, must ask him.
    How soon can car be registered (if not pre-booking)? Does it have to be registered on 1st January?

Far as I remember you can load all the details before Xmas once you have the birth cert. a lot of garages don't register everything in one go as it all costs money :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,144 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd say the salesperson he buys off every year must look forward to seeing him arriving in to the showroom. Must be costing him at least €4k a year and probably more this year going up to the new model and opting for a personalised number plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

What an insane waste of money in all aspects of this story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭ThePower11

Recession me hole..

• Registered Users Posts: 51,144 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

In fairness lads, some people go out drinking every weekend, smoke a few packs of cigerettes a day or go on 2 or more holidays a year. Maybe this guy just likes to have a new car every year instead.

I would not do it myself but each to their own.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

bazz26 wrote: »
    In fairness lads, some people go out drinking every weekend, smoke a few packs of cigerettes a day or go on 2 or more holidays a year. Maybe this guy just likes to have a new car every year instead.

I would not do it myself but each to their own.

Exactly, and best of luck to him.

Advertisement