Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toilet Attendents

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

old hippy wrote: »
    Barely into 2013 and we have our first tedious excuse to have a go at black people and or Nigerians.

Hang around a few minutes and no doubt we'll have the first have a go at gays and or Travellers...

Actually I see this as being the first positive step in 2013. If we can get these eejits out of our jacks this year I'll be a very happy man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Froyo

o1s1n wrote: »
    Actually I see this as being the first positive step in 2013. If we can get these eejits out of our jacks this year I'll be a very happy man.

Off you go then.

Or are you just going to do the Irish thing and have a good whinge on the internet...;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

o1s1n wrote: »

Just what the economy needs, make more people jobless. Ah suren, good oul Ireland, still going backwards and forwards at the same time. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Froyo wrote: »
    Off you go then.

Or are you just going to do the Irish thing and have a good whinge on the internet...;)

Well if we all chip in for the one way plane tickets we can stamp this disease out in our lifetime.

juan.kerr wrote: »
    Well if we all chip in for the one way plane tickets we can stamp this disease out in our lifetime.

What or who are you referring to as a "disease"?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Gauss

OP next time pretend you are racist and say you don't believe black people should be paid as they are the white man's natural slave.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Write a strongly worded letter to the owner or manager of the premises. Tell him/her that you and your friends won't be returning to the premises again until attendants are permanently removed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

"Sir, can I be of assistance?"

"Nope, I got this, been doing it on my own for years, thanks anyway":)

Just what the economy needs, make more people jobless. Ah suren, good oul Ireland, still going backwards and forwards at the same time. :rolleyes:

You think these lads pay tax on their earnings? They are already claiming social welfare...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Unless he wipes my ar5e for me, he ain't getting a penny!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

I'm nearly sorry to have brought this up to begin with.

I am not "having a go" at Africans and to be honest I'm not going into a spiel to justify myself as not being a racist or whatever. Nothing in my original post is racist, if anything I was saying there might be a concept of latent racism in having them there in the first place. If you can read my post and come to the conclusion that I hate black people then fair play, you're obviously adept at coming to conclusions that don't bloody exist.

I'm not annoyed at Africans, I'm annoyed at the arsehole who started shouting at me for not giving him money as a matter of standard. I'm also annoyed at the concept of a fella standing in the jacks making people awkward. I acknowledge the fact these lads are after a few pound, and I begrudge nobody that. All I'm saying is that this particular "job" is a stupid bloody concept!

If you can take that as "racism" then I would suggest you need to cop the f*ck on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

You think these lads pay tax on their earnings? They are already claiming social welfare...

Evidence that they are on SW, or is that just your own opinion?

What disease is cured by a plane ticket? enlighten us please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Ah I don't mind these guys*, but then again, I have never been chased out of a toilet and verbally abused and humiliated in front of people by one* either.

Il always be friendly to them*, ask them* a few polite questions, throw them* a bit of change and head on my way....with a pocket full of lollypops for the ladies.

* denotes "toilet attendants" - before anyone accuses me of being racist.

And you know this how?

What or who are you referring to as a "disease"?

Definition for disease:
    A particular quality, habit, or disposition regarded as adversely affecting a person or group of people.

I think plenty on here would regard this phenomenon as a disease, since the 'habit' of these lads residing in the jacks 'adversely affects' the patrons of the pub.

And you know this how?

Common sense for a start. Do they give receipts? Ask the lad next time.

Definition for disease:

I think plenty on here would regard this phenomenon as a disease, since the 'habit' of these lads residing in the jacks 'adversely affects' the patrons of the pub.

Oh, I'm sure there are plenty on boards who would no doubt see black people as a disease or disease carriers, yes. But they don't usually last very long here.

What disease is cured by a plane ticket? enlighten us please

See my definiton above. Seems apt.

Common sense for a start. Do they give receipts? Ask the lad next time.

I see no "common sense" in your statement. Again, where is your proof?

• Advertisement

Still waiting to hear what disease is cured by a plane ticket. I have the World Health Organization on hold!

These boyos are at again then I see.

I wonder if these lads pay tax on their 'earnings'? If not send them packing back to Nigeria.
    I suppose someone must like these guys...either that or you decided to take a break from attending the toilet to defend your profession.
    The blacks in the jacks, eh?

Banned

• Registered Users Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Froyo wrote: »
    Off you go then.

Well I am Irish, so I guess I'll be following the status quo and whinging on the internet. It usually works, right?

Ah right, I was unaware these were legit, tax paying jobs. I'll make sure to pile up my change in future. Together we can rebuild this economy through a liberal use of aftershave squirts and hand towels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

OP chased by an abusive worker, he should be sacked. Though those lads are not paid a wage so barred from the establishment is more correct then sacked

But some have focused in on the word African, thread derailed

The people who try to be the loudest about stamping out racism are the same people who see it everywhere

You don't have to take offense on behalf of others you know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

I see no "common sense" in your statement. Again, where is your proof?

C'mon old hippy. You can't be that naive to believe these lads are paying tax by handing out paper towels to drunks in a nightclub. It's a nixer. What service are they offering to be defined as a job role or profession ?

How have I stifled your, er, "debate"? A load of ill informed predictable nonsense about toilet attendants and some questionable phrases thrown in for good measure?

You dug your own hole, jk.

MaxSteele wrote: »
    C'mon old hippy. You can't be that naive to believe these lads are paying tax by handing out paper towels to drunks in a nightclub. It's a nixer. What service are they offering to be defined as a job role or profession ?

Evidence, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Arpa

IM0 wrote: »
    africans/racism check

Not racist. Mostly they are Africans. As soon as anyone sees a nationality posted in here they're ready to jump on the racist bandwagon. Stop trying to incite crap. Guys in the jacks in clubs are mostly from the continent of Africa.

mikemac1 wrote: »
    OP chased by an abusive worker, he should be sacked. Though those lads are not paid a wage so barred from the establishment is more correct then sacked

But some have focused in on the word African, thread derailed

The people who try to be the loudest about stamping out racism are the same people who see it everywhere

You don't have to offense on behalf of others you know

I focused on the words "disease", the "blacks in the jacks" and other choice comments. What do you see in those words, hmm?

I don't see racism everywhere, there are actually some topics which don't elicit tedious and dodgy commentary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Find them far worse in other countries to be honest. Most of them are grand, some of them are even extremely friendly and helpful, but there are always one or two d*ckheads like the OP posted about. I remember in first year of college I saw one attendant punch a student in the toilets, for something like getting sick or breaking a glass! Overall I'm against them and would feel more comfortable if they weren't there, but I'd imagine they are important for security measures to stop fights/drug use in the bathrooms.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement