Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LOL Rte

• Site Banned Posts: 28 Judge Weiner

Thread fails to deliver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

I wonder will they show a replay of the firework? I missed it.
    Nope, it was the provisional RTE version, one warning, some bangs and that's it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

Pottler wrote: »
    Nope, it was the provisional RTE version, one warning, some bangs and that's it.

Lucky it wasn't the Real RTE or there would have beeen a misleading warning and the firework would have gone off somewhere else!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭WhatNowForUs?

It would have been a pity if Miriam missed the countdown she is good at countdowns if I can remember saorview correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Thread fails to deliver.

You're the first '13 Reg I've seen so far this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Lucky it wasn't the Real RTE or there would have beeen a misleading warning and the firework would have gone off somewhere else!
    :D And everyone else here in my gaff is laughing at that one as well.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

Hippies! wrote: »
    Wow lets massage the ego's of the Trinity being even more :rolleyes: They had Obama, could they not have had the gig somewhere else? like...I dunno, The Spire? our so called Monument of Light, Sydney had theirs at their bridge thing and Moscow theirs at their gingerbread house thing and Paris at the Eiffel Tower...but no, where's ours? at the institute of pompous twats.

Happy New Year me hole.

Ah feck off, as a graduate of the University of Dublin, Trinity College I am profoundly offended by your inerudite and shamefully resentful and bitter remarks regarding Ireland premier seat of learning and acedemic accomplishement!

So there :P nana:PnanaNA:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

It's not held at Trinity, it's held on a street outside Trinity.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Drakares wrote: »
    23:59 - "Lets take a quick commercial break and we'll be back with Imelda May and the countdown."

00:02 - She stumbles on stage and sings Auld Lang Syne. Still waiting for that countdown :pac:

Well done to you RTE!

You lied, I'm taking my thanks back. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

I was watching jules holland , at least they didn't **** up a simple countdown

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

EoghanIRL wrote: »

Neither did RTE I was watching it! You know that since Analogue TV was switched off the entire country would have celebrated New Years around 5 seconds late as it takes around 4 to 5 seconds to encode and transmit the signal. People might remember this from watching analog and then switching over to Sky or Saorview only to hear the same thing a few seconds later. Now thats a braingasm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Serves ya rite for watching 3rd world telly, I went with Jools...he the man!

He also wasn't live....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭HondaSami

EoghanIRL wrote: »

Neither did RTE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Fr_Dougal wrote: »

You're the first '13 Reg I've seen so far this year.

131 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Dub.

Classic case of the op pressing pause while he goes for a slash then forgetting all about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Stinicker wrote: »

Neither did RTE I was watching it! You know that since Analogue TV was switched off the entire country would have celebrated New Years around 5 seconds late as it takes around 4 to 5 seconds to encode and transmit the signal. People might remember this from watching analog and then switching over to Sky or Saorview only to hear the same thing a few seconds later. Now thats a braingasm.
    I guess I just picked it up wrong from the thread because I didn't actuall y watch it .

Is jooles not live ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Tiocfaidh Armani

23:59 - "Lets take a quick commercial break and we'll be back with Imelda May and the countdown."

00:02 - She stumbles on stage and sings Auld Lang Syne. Still waiting for that countdown :pac:

Well done to you RTE!

You ****ed up more like. Scarlet for ya:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

o1s1n wrote: »
    At 00:20 on TV3 we have 'Ireland's top TV moments 2010'

:confused::confused::confused:

Good oleTV3, RTE might be shite but TV3 are shiter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

RTE1 is only 15min behind schedule, good thing I didn't record walk the line

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Yer man Aidan whatshisface was going on then about how they proved Dublin can do New Year as good as London and Sydney......weeeellll let's not get carried away now - for a start there was no fireworks....so no, no we can't do it as well as Sydney and London

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

leahyl wrote: »
    Yer man Aidan whatshisface was going on then about how they proved Dublin can do New Year as good as London and Sydney......weeeellll let's not get carried away now - for a start there was no fireworks....so no, no we can't do it as well as Sydney and London
    65 million people can buy more fireworks than 5 million but I think the drink is nicer in Dublin :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Ah well, I suppose its better than Sky Channel 191 anyways.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

gallag wrote: »
    65 million people can buy more fireworks than 5 million but I think the drink is nicer in Dublin :-)

I didn't know we all had to chip in.

Didn't get that memo....

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

that will be the new firework tax then

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I was watching Kick-Ass on RTE 2

Why were you guys watching people tell time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Aidan Power on stage . . . "Here come the fireworks" Cuts to Beijing WTF :confused:

The big build up, then the damp squib!

Go to 1hr 20mins > http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10099344/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭signostic

LordSutch wrote: »
    Aidan Power on stage . . . "Here come the fireworks" Cuts to Beijing WTF :confused:

The big build up, then the damp squib!

Go to 1hr 20mins > http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10099344/

Just watched again... there was really only 1 firework :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I switched over once i realised i was watching the following:

Bell X1
    Miriam o'callaghan
    Bressie
    Some tart from fair city
    Keith Duffy

Is this honestly all RTE has to offer.It's like they walk around the office and pull whoever they can.Who the hell wants to listen to any of them?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Well done to you RTE!
    Pj! wrote: »
    Did they miss midnight?

But that is not what happened!!
    She did her last number at two minutes to twelve, an MC came on and counted in the new year and then Imelda came back on and sang Auld lang syne.
    But hey dont let the truth get in the way of a dumb story.

Liiiiiiies.