Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LOL Rte

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

This thread is a textbook example of why you shouldn't believe anything you read online without checking other sources :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,986 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Did they miss it or no?

I feel tricked.

No

OP must have been distracted by fireworks outside

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

Reckon this should be closed now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

No

OP must have been distracted by fireworks outside

We can choose to believe they fúked it up again, cant we?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

RTE do enough stupid sh1t without making stuff up about them, OP.

Are you sure you weren't on TV3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,594 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

seamus wrote: »
    This thread is a textbook example of why you shouldn't believe anything you read online without checking other sources :)

My TV3 post is factual! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭HondaSami

I think the OP should start another thread apologising to RTE for telling lies about them and he should write them a letter telling them how great their show was.

is it on rte player yet i wanna this farce lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Harry Burns

Drakares wrote: »
    She stumbles on stage and sings Auld Lang Syne.

What does this song mean? For my whole life I don't know what this song means. I mean, 'Should old acquaintance be forgot' - does that mean we should forget old acquaintances or does it mean if we happen to forget them, we should remember them, which is not possible because we've already forgot them!?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine.
    Abraham Lincon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭WatchWolf

o1s1n wrote: »
    At 00:20 on TV3 we have 'Ireland's top TV moments 2010'

:confused::confused::confused:

You had one job, TV3! One job!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭iwasonbwh

Can I point out that the Dubliner's were on Jules 40 mins ago and are beating out the tunes in Dublin now :D

always thought Jules was live.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

is it on rte player yet i wanna this farce lol

Nope and it won't be because it didn't happen. They had a clock on screen for at least 30 seconds before midnight and then they all sang afterwards. OP might have forgot his medication today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Ahh. I feel duped. RTE didn't feck up? Well, they're worth every cent so. Watched the BBC personally, the fireworks were better...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

What does this song mean? For my whole life I don't know what this song means. I mean, 'Should old acquaintance be forgot' - does that mean we should forget old acquaintances or does it mean if we happen to forget them, we should remember them, which is not possible because we've already forgot them!?

Best first post, at the start of a new year, like, EVER!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

iwasonbwh wrote: »
    Can I point out that the Dubliner's were on Jules 40 mins ago and are beating out the tunes in Dublin now :D

always thought Jules was live.....
    It is live but it's BBC and they own the TARDIS:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

I was watching the new year countdown and it was fcuked up. The countdown itself on rte went grand, but usually after the countdown people break into sing Auld Lang Syne and I waiting for this song but it didn't happen for a good few minutes. Then he - whatever his name is on the stage said something about fireworks in dublin but rte started showing a snipnet from bejing of a lantern. No fireworks at all from dublin. Then Imelda May came out at some stage and started singing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

ilovesleep wrote: »
    I was watching the new year countdown and it was fcuked up. The countdown itself on rte went grand, but usually after the countdown people break into sing Auld Lang Syne and I waiting for this song but it didn't happen for a good few minutes. Then he - whatever his name is on the stage said something about fireworks in dublin but rte started showing a snipnet from bejing of a lantern. No fireworks at all from dublin. Then Imelda May came out at some stage and started singing.
    Reassuringly amateur so. All is well in the world.

They also cut to a fireworks display in Moscow fairly shortly afterwards, and no other cities, then cut back to Dublin. I was wondering for a second if we're going to become a part of the USSR in 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Drakares

Ice Storm wrote: »
    That didn't happen; there was a countdown.

Happy New Year all! :)

I WATCHED IN ON THE WEBSITE! Before people hunt me down. I didn't watch it on the tele.

My internet is 100mb Fibre and had no downtime, though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Good thread all about the NYE RTE farce here > http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056842642&page=13

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭elefant

They also cut to a fireworks display in Moscow fairly shortly afterwards, and no other cities, then cut back to Dublin. I was wondering for a second if we're going to become a part of the USSR in 2013.

I never copped how bizzare that was until you said it now.

What on earth was the thinking behind that!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

I choose to believe this version, though.
    elefant wrote: »
    I never copped how bizzare that was until you said it now.

What on earth was the thinking behind that!?

There are still a few Marxists floating round the RTE corridors.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

still havent gotten around to a Saorview box, further gives me even more reason not to get one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

They weren't on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

o1s1n wrote: »
    At 00:20 on TV3 we have 'Ireland's top TV moments 2010'

:confused::confused::confused:

yeah the fook is that about, "back in January 10" sooo..almost 3 years ago? bravo tv3, bravo.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Maybe it's the wine but I read that as " a sniper from Bejing on a lantern" and I said to myself how did I miss that.

Maybe it's the wine but I read that as " a sniper from Bejing on a lantern" and I said to myself how did I miss that.

Sounds like a JFK assassination theory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Hippies!

Wow lets massage the ego's of the Trinity being even more :rolleyes: They had Obama, could they not have had the gig somewhere else? like...I dunno, The Spire? our so called Monument of Light, Sydney had theirs at their bridge thing and Moscow theirs at their gingerbread house thing and Paris at the Eiffel Tower...but no, where's ours? at the institute of pompous twats.

Happy New Year me hole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I wonder will they show a replay of the firework? I missed it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement