Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooking Club 2013 Schedule

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,759 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

The recipe for week 24 has still not been posted despite 2 reminders & a revised posting date of yesterday.

Unfortunately, I've now had to ban the poster in accordance with the forum rules. This is the second time this year we've had to do this. :(

However, we hope to have a replacement recipe up shortly thanks to the wonderful Faith. :)

Sorry for the inconvenience folks - thanks for your continued patience. Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.

tHB

A big shout out to LordChessington for stepping in with this week's recipe because of another no show. Many thanks!

A reminder to all - please, please post your recipe by Friday evening so that the other Club members can work on the recipe over the weekend. Posting late, & especially not at all, is disrespectful to other posters.

If you have a genuine reason for being unable to post - that's fine - just let us know as soon as possible so we can get a stand-in in time.

tHB

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Next week's recipe.

Dunk head under tap.
    Put ice cubes down back of friend/partner/colleague.

Deny all knowledge. Post photos.
    Job done.
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Next week's recipe.

Dunk head under tap.
    Put ice cubes down back of friend/partner/colleague.

Deny all knowledge. Post photos.
    Job done.
    :pac:

Probably be the most popular recipe this year. :)

I'm preparing my ice cube recipe as I speak.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I'm about to climb into the freezer, so I can't wait for your recipe, BaZmO :D.

Pasta for dinner may not have been the best idea... Now I have both food sweats and ordinary sweats :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Just wanted to say that I have my recipe pretty much ready to go if you need a stand in or something; think I'm meant to be posting the second last week or something.

angledelight can't put up a recipe this week so if anybody can put up replacement recipe that'd be great.

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    Just wanted to say that I have my recipe pretty much ready to go if you need a stand in or something; think I'm meant to be posting the second last week or something.

Pigwidgeon, could you post up your recipe if its ready? I don't think anyone has stepped in to fill angeldelight's place.

Sure I'll type it up now :)

Thank you! Do you want to be taken off from your slot at the end of the year, or would you like to submit a different recipe then?

• Advertisement

No problem, it's up now. I don't mind really, if there's someone else who wants to put one in then, that's grand if not I'mm sure I can come up with something else to post.

Has MarkMc (Week 33) changed his username?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I have an idea for next year.

Don't do sign-ups all at once, maybe do them 4 times a year, just enough for 3 months then repeat a couple of weeks before that period elapses... It might help to keep more people interested and to then follow through on their commitment.

Hope this helps :)

Faith wrote: »

Seems your right. Can a mod changed the list please?

I have an idea for next year.

Don't do sign-ups all at once, maybe do them 4 times a year, just enough for 3 months then repeat a couple of weeks before that period elapses... It might help to keep more people interested and to then follow through on their commitment.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks for the suggestion. This is suggested every year, and it's a good idea, but the bottom line is the workload for us mods increases by 300% at least in doing that. It's worth considering, but I for one wouldn't be able to commit to it, and I don't think any of the others would either. We'd have to bring in a whole new team to run the forum, probably.

When it comes to chatting behind the scenes about next year's schedule, we'll discuss it in more depth :).

/edit: BaZmO - edited that for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Oops, forgot to tell ye I'd changed!

I'm in anyways, just gotta figure out a recipe I wanna use

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

There is nothing stopping you from asking for new mods, Faith. If the forum is busy, it's definitely not a bad complaint! If you want help, contact your local friendly CMod to start the ball rolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Will defo post a recipe, but bear with me as I'm already at Friday night where I am - between tonight and my Saturday lunchtime I'll finish writing, cooking and photographing and post up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I am sure there are plenty of folks willing to help with the hard work. Proper Cooking Club contributors like. Cos I agree that doing a 3mthly list makes more sense in that hopefully there'd be a lot less no-shows. The no-shows must be so disheartening for the mods who put all the work into the cc

• Advertisement

I may be slightly late this week. Either Friday night or Saturday morning. Work is absolutely mental this week

Recipe in the oven and shall be posted later today. Apologies for the delay!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,138 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I had my pics ready to go on my work PC which is currently being upgraded.
    If I don't have it back tomorrow ill post without. It's a simple recipe so will ok.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Hi everyone!! I'm looking forward to sharing my recipe with you all but just wanted to let ye know it could be late tomorrow evening or even Saturday am before I get to post, but I definitely WILL be posting ok :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Unacceptable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

Hi,
    I like the look of this club, wondering at all if i could join or if you could let me know how i join it. I absolutly love to cook so much so my husband and I got a set of chef knives (not a good brand), and a pasta maker as a wedding present this year. Love to cook all kind of dishes.

Thanks

Hi mollybird, we are full up for this year but will open for sign-ups again in December. The rules for joining will be explained then.

In the meantime, feel free to cook at the recipes and give your feedback, or put your own recipes into the Random Recipes thread.

Another poster now banned for 2 weeks (as per the charter) for failing to post, but mainly ignoring reminders & also an offer to reschedule. :(

Apologies for the inconvenience folks, I hope the Vindaloo recipe was OK for ye.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

Don't apologise - a) it's not your fault, and b) the vindaloo looks tasty and is on the to-make list!:)

• Advertisement

Thanks for that. I was more apologizing because as a mod of this forum I feel responsible for the running of it. And also because I know the amount of time & effort that you & all the regular posters give this forum. It pains me to ban someone from a forum like this, but when someone doesn't post even after the reminders sent (& a big thanks to BaZmO* for their support with this!) I find that terribly disrespectful. Like a waiter apologizing for the chef making a balls of your dish.

I really just wanted to acknowledge the patience & commitment of you all to this forum. Those who post recipes & especially those who try the recipes & give your honest feedback are the heart & soul of the forum. You deserve to have your recipes 'dished up' every week on-time without fail.

Advertisement