Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Paddico

buggy beag wrote: »
    just back from clonmel tipp 17 wexford 1 9 rough conditions especially in the first half but good to be back at the hurling again:D

Any report on-line for this. Would be nice to see whose getting a run at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

Paddico wrote: »
    Any report on-line for this. Would be nice to see whose getting a run at the moment

d gleeson c barrett m cahill t treacy k bergin j barry c o brien s kennedy s bourke d maher d collins c kenny l mcgrath s o brien t gallagher subs j logue p maher s callanan j forde:)think bonnar was only sub came on at halftime for s kennedy

Savage new job done on the new Tipperary GAA website

Savage new job done on the new Tipperary GAA website

ya well impressed,very modern looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

That link doesn't seem to be working for me. This does: http://tipperary.gaa.ie/ but my sentiments are the same. Fantastic overhaul.

• Advertisement

That link doesn't seem to be working for me. This does: http://tipperary.gaa.ie/ but my sentiments are the same. Fantastic overhaul.

Sorted the link there Reacher and your right it is a terrific overhaul. If the online shop improves over time then it can be a real beast. The main thing is to keep it updated and keep traffic on it.

Sorted the link there Reacher and your right it is a terrific overhaul. If the online shop improves over time then it can be a real beast. The main thing is to keep it updated and keep traffic on it.

ya the online shop is very disappointing isnt it

merry xmas to my fellow blue and golden galtee mountain boyos an to the rest:Pmay the new year be rich in goals,points and wins and may the silverware come years end be dripping in blue and gold.MON DA PREMIER!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

buggy beag wrote: »
    merry xmas to my fellow blue and golden galtee mountain boyos an to the rest:Pmay the new year be rich in goals,points and wins and may the silverware come years end be dripping in blue and gold.MON DA PREMIER!!!:D

Forget about Galtee Mountain Boys............stick with Slievenamon it's more melodious, more romantic and more historic................and less violent.......lovely hurling etc. etc.......first time pulling and more ground hurling!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Xenophile wrote: »
    Forget about Galtee Mountain Boys............stick with Slievenamon it's more melodious, more romantic and more historic................and less violent.......lovely hurling etc. etc.......first time pulling and more ground hurling!

Sliabh na mban is number 1 but reference to either that or the GMB will do me :-)
    Hills of killenaule not bad either :-)
    Happy Xmas one and all

• Advertisement

Sliabh na mban is number 1 but reference to either that or the GMB will do me :-)
    Hills of killenaule not bad either :-)
    Happy Xmas one and all
    And I wouldn’t much care for Sierra Leone,
    If I hadn’t seen Killenaule,
    And the man that was never in Mullinahone
    Shouldn’t say he had travelled at all

From the poem "The Two Travellers" by C J Boland.

Happy New Year everybody.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

poets and rebels lads we stand side by side you need the poets to write about the rebels SOUTH TIPP GMB ULTRAS:P

• Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

Twelve counties will compete in next year's Hastings Cup U21 football tournament which gets underway on Saturday, January 4. Most of the Tipp squad are the lads who won the All Ireland Minor in 2011 .

Group 3

Round 1 - 4th January 2014

Leitrim - V's - Tipperary
    Meath - V's - Wicklow

Round 2 - 11th January 2014

Meath - V's - Leitrim
    Tipperary - V's - Wicklow

Round 3 - 18th January 2014

Wicklow - V's - Leitrim
    Tipperary - V's - Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Happy Christmas, all!

I believe that Tipperary host Waterford in Clonmel in the National League. Pity it is not in Thurles as the footballers should continue to get the feel of the pitch. I am aware of a Football sponsor who will discontinue their sponsorship in 2015 if they lose any league game in Clonmel, this just reflects the view that the footballers should continue to play in Thurles and make it their home ground with an eye on the big time and to make it happen sooner rather than later!

Thanks Tipp Gunner for all your work in 2013.

Just wondering can u continue the same thread in 2014 it would be great to be able to go just to one archive to view historical threads?

Sure, the Mods would help you with a name change!

Thanks Tipp Gunner for all your work in 2013.

Just wondering can u continue the same thread in 2014 it would be great to be able to go just to one archive to view historical threads?

Sure, the Mods would help you with a name change!

Grand sure.

When it hits 10000 posts we'll have to move to a new one though. If you Google either the Tipperary hurling or the Tipperary gaa discussion thread though it should display a number of threads from the past should you wish to look back but sure if the majority wishes for this then ive no problem with it.

Appreciate the thanks btw

Grand sure.

When it hits 10000 posts we'll have to move to a new one though. If you Google either the Tipperary hurling or the Tipperary gaa discussion thread though it should display a number of threads from the past should you wish to look back but sure if the majority wishes for this then ive no problem with it.

Appreciate the thanks btw

I am very pleased that you can accommodate this request. I just hope that you enjoy your input as much as the many people who visit and post on the thread day in and day out throughout the year. May you get many days basking in the glow of the Blue and Gold in 2014.

I am very pleased that you can accommodate this request. I just hope that you enjoy your input as much as the many people who visit and post on the thread day in and day out throughout the year. May you get many days basking in the glow of the Blue and Gold in 2014.

No problem and many happy returns :) If the fellow posters and mods dont object then i dont either.

Here is a link to the past threads by the way

And here is the one on the GAA forum
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056967891

No way of putting a poll up but i will ask fellow Tipperarians on this thread with any objection to the union of the 2013 and 14 threads to speak now or forever hold their peace :D

If there is no objections between now and January 1st then i wish to ask the mods to rename this thread with 2014 on it. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,976 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

To play devils advocate for a second I'd prefer a new 2014 thread. A few weeks ago I was looking for the result of a fixture played during 2012. I could guess where it would be in the thread easily because I knew the thread was only active for that year. I.e if I was to go back and try to find something from February 2012 I would know to look at the start of the thread. However it 2012 was merged with 2011 I wouldn't know where to begin looking.

That would be my 2 cents anyway :)

• Advertisement

Good start for the Under 21s in the Hastings Cup :

Leitrim 1-07 Tipp 1-18 .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

If prefer a 2014 thread tbh

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Red Crow wrote: »
    If prefer a 2014 thread tbh

As would I

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭igorbiscan

Me three

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Four.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Five

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Rumours of Larry and Matt Macklin trying to purchase Hayes hotel...

While were on the topic, does anyone know a good Tipperary GAA discussion forum. I mean the ones that discusses teams separately, like Senior Football, U-21 Hurling, player threads, club competitions etc. There’s lots of other great sports forums for Rugby, even League of Ireland soccer. Hoping there’s one for Tipp but just cant find it.

Paddico wrote: »
    While were on the topic, does anyone know a good Tipperary GAA discussion forum. I mean the ones that discusses teams separately, like Senior Football, U-21 Hurling, player threads, club competitions etc. There’s lots of other great sports forums for Rugby, even League of Ireland soccer. Hoping there’s one for Tipp but just cant find it.

You can discuss Senior Football or any level of GAA Football here , Same with any other GAA related topic ! The name of the thread is The Tipperary GAA ( Club and Intercounty ) Discussion thread .

• Advertisement

You can discuss Senior Football or any level of GAA Football here , Same with any other GAA related topic ! The name of the thread is The Tipperary GAA ( Club and Intercounty ) Discussion thread .

I had a feeling someone would say that. Not the kinda thread I was think of, i.e. one GAA thread for everything happening in Tipp.
    See the foot thread for more of a description
    http://foot.ie/forums/24-Ireland

Advertisement