Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not fancying Spouse anymore.

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

OP honestly if you feel that way about it, don't tell her anything yet. Try and maybe do things with just you and her, go out with her a couple of times a week bring her to a dinner/movie/drinks. do things that she likes to do and see how does she respond to doing those things with you. have a DvD night with just you and her on the couch and some wine and chocs. Bring her flowers somedays as a surprise. If you still feel the same way at least you gave it a shot...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Gauss

OP honestly if you feel that way about it, don't tell her anything yet. Try and maybe do things with just you and her, go out with her a couple of times a week bring her to a dinner/movie/drinks. do things that she likes to do and see how does she respond to doing those things with you. have a DvD night with just you and her on the couch and some wine and chocs. Bring her flowers somedays as a surprise. If you still feel the same way at least you gave it a shot...

I'd love to but since I'm single that would be tricky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Gauss wrote: »

Did your OH see the thread?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

Then why are you worrying/thinking about this scenario so :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

I'm truly shocked

• Advertisement

Then why are you worrying/thinking about this scenario so :confused:
    Most definitely not worried. Find it curious how no one talks about this even though it must be fairly common.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭HondaSami

Most definitely not worried. Find it curious how no one talks about this even though it must be fairly common.

why do you think it's common? no one expects relationships single or married to be loved up all the time. there is more to life and generally people have more in common than just sex.
    You ever hear the expression sex is either a feast or a famine?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Yes, topics of interest fantasy. Good work Columbo.
    FYP
    Ah the engagement was broken off so. Well probably for the best so...
    I asked for permission because my fiancé because she wanted me too. It didn't take much effort so fukc it, if it makes her happy. Both me and her dad thought it was stupid but I went through the motions.

It stupid really.
    Hi,

I'm getting married next year and just looking for some suggestions for first dance songs, nothing too over played.
    Or was it marriage?? Finding it difficult to keep track of these hypothetical engagements, marriages, interesting sex lives....
    Completely agree, I had a quadruple barrel surname and my wife had a quadruple barrel surname. We refused to choose which quadruple barrel surname to give our son, so he now has an octuple barrel surname. I don't see the issue with it and neither does young Jack Smith-Walton-Grant-Pepperpot-Fowler-Dunne-Blanc-Cooper-Santos. When he grows up he can do as he wishes.

My wife is proud of her quadruple barrel name, it has history and she isn't going to abandon it.
    Although I'm guessing that last one was tongue-in-cheek..

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

Johnny? Is that you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Piliger wrote: »
    What utter nonsense. Your perception of love and life is shallow and naive. Love can be deep and wonderful without sex. Marriage is not just a journey of sexual delight. It is a decision to travel through life with a single partner, sharing ALL of life's struggles and rewards together.
    Sometimes sexual attraction wains and sometimes is goes. That doesn't mean love goes and it doesn't mean a loving and happy relationship should be thrown in the trash, and kids tossed into the vortex.
    And for your information marriage vows rarely say anything about total physical fidelity despite the claims that some people make.

Ah FFS

• Advertisement

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    FYP

Ah the engagement was broken off so. Well probably for the best so...

Or was it marriage?? Finding it difficult to keep track of these hypothetical engagements, marriages, interesting sex lives....

Although I'm guessing that last one was tongue-in-cheek..

The last one is true.

Have you anything to contribute to the actual thread or are you more interested in me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Pataman

Hippies! wrote: »
    Feed her cake and make her chubby. ;)

I suspect that is already the problem

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

What if you're both 80? Bugger all chance anyone is going to find either of you attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

The last one is true.

Have you anything to contribute to the actual thread or are you more interested in me?
    You mean do I have any stories for you to jack-off to? I'm afraid not.

On reflection I reckon you have an obsession for infidelity related stories. I'd recommend searching literotica where no doubt you'd find plenty to entertain you but something tells me your fetish is only really fulfilled when you can validate that it is real people cheating (or as real as anonymous posters on boards can be) and not merely fiction.

No doubt you'll soon tire of boards and you'll further your already unhealthy interest in your friends sex lives. Culminating in an inability to gain any sexual satisfaction from your own relationships unless it involves some form of infidelity by either or both partners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

What if you're both 80? Bugger all chance anyone is going to find either of you attractive.

As a proud, and some might say, attractive octogenarian, I take deep offence at your 'throwaway' ageist comments.
    How dare you presume that 'mature chedder' is distasteful to everyone's palate, why even your namesake Wayne is believed to be partial to the wiley charms of the more experienced bedroom gymnast.

Try me sometime, you cheeky young man/woman, I don't care which, I'm desperate.

Yours in expectation, Doris (87)

P.S. I note, with a frisson of excitement, that you choose to use the word 'bugger' to express yourself, well then, 'let's get it on' as one of my favourite crooners Marvin Gaye once warbled!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Not true my grandmother is 73 (widowed) and still gets propositions from men her age (be they widowed or still single)

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭repsol

hoodwinked wrote: »
    Not true my grandmother is 73 (widowed) and still gets propositions from men her age (be they widowed or still single)

You can still get a tune from an old piano!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Finish it!

Buy a big fast coupe!

House with a big mucky dog and a bar!

Few women to have 'tea' with and live happily ever after ;)

All hypothetically speaking of course, Id never live such a life style :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

I'd stay together for the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭ElvisChrist6

Try suggesting you both try out different looks, you might find it refreshing if you do. For example, ask her to grow a beard!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

Confab wrote: »
    OP, 13 of the 34 threads you have created are about sexual inadequacy, infidelity or sexual jealousy. Do you have something to tell us?

Yup spotted that straight away. I reckon he's textually attracted to all our replies and his furiously **** since this thread was created.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

I'm such a tease.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

hoodwinked wrote: »
    The grass is not greener, there is no temptation,one of the many reasons i married my husband is because i knew this,

if my mind/eye/body was ever wandering i would hope i had the balls to tell him rather than being unfaithful,

i vowed to love, honor and obey and i didn't take my vows lightly. others may do, but you can't say all when you don't know every married couple out there and their situation.

Nice to see I'm not the only one who feels that way in my own relationship! I think love is not as common as people think it is.

Advertisement