Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noisy neighbours dog

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

maxfresh wrote: »
    throw the missus over the wall ;)
    Would it work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭brenn7475

Like I was saying you could probably get this cheap on another website. Im sure they are available in some stores here at home. Where? I don't know. But I feel your pain. It's a disgrace that people don't notice how much annoyance this causes . And once one dog starts all the rest join in. These things send out a high pitched sound wave...see how the little **** likes that. Best of luck whatever you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Pottler wrote: »
    Would it work?

Yes if you can throw well, if it hits the wall your fooked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Know what youre going through Op, had alcoholic neighbour with dog out the back which he NEVER walked....barked all night and day (including when it was -13° ) ...

thank god the neighbour kicked the bucket and the dog was moved near some other poor bastardo ...sad , but the dog made our lives hell so people posting here who havn't experienced it don't realise what it's like.

Btw if hes locked out most of the time then , chances are, his food could draw mice or rats....

No real solutions,,, as regards noise pollution , guards can't do diddly despite laws...

I've often felt like barking through the neighbours letterbox for hours on end...

Poisen (hed only get another bloody dog)

Throwing the dog a bone only works if you have an unlimited supply of bones

Think those ultrasound things can train them to stop barking.

Armelodie wrote: »
    Know what youre going through Op, had alcoholic neighbour with dog out the back which he NEVER walked....barked all night and day (including when it was -13° ) ...

thank god the neighbour kicked the bucket and the dog was moved near some other poor bastardo ...sad , but the dog made our lives hell so people posting here who havn't experienced it don't realise what it's like.

Btw if hes locked out most of the time then , chances are, his food could draw mice or rats....

No real solutions,,, as regards noise pollution , guards can't do diddly despite laws...

I've often felt like barking through the neighbours letterbox for hours on end...

Poisen (hed only get another bloody dog)

Throwing the dog a bone only works if you have an unlimited supply of bones

Think those ultrasound things can train them to stop barking.

Husky?

• Advertisement

Husky?
    Course it was. If you barked non stop for days on end, you'd be husky as well. Rips the throat out of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

few pieces of black pudding soaked in epsom salts, throw over wall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Husky?

Golden fucxxxg retriever

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 388 ✭✭Truncheon Rouge

Throw it treats, make sure theres always a light on so its not left in darkness.

Let it know its been heard, let it see you responding. Its probably barking out of anxiety.

Armelodie wrote: »
    Golden fucxxxg retriever

The reason I will not work with those dogs, they need to fook something before they will retrieve.

• Advertisement

Throw it treats, make sure theres always a light on so its not left in darkness.

Let it know its been heard, let it see you responding. Its probably barking out of anxiety.
    It's probably misunderstood. You need to understand it. Personally, I'd understand on its head. I do realise that it is the dick owners that are ultimatly at fault, but silence is golden, and you need to retrieve that.

few pieces of black pudding soaked in epsom salts, throw over wall
    After they throw the yappy fecker over the wall, what do they do with the salty pudding?

I'm messing here, but I had this crap with a nearish neighbour. In the end we had a full and frank exchange of views and he started walking the dog which stopped the barking. You need to either really reason(ahem) with the neighbour, or err, silence(ahem) the dog. This non-stop noise can really affect your life, and you need to do somthing.

BTW, 3andahalfof6, you should try a Golden Shower Retriever, the things you need to do with them before they retrieve is unreal. They'd totally pi55 you off.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Dont shoot the dog op. Could you not get the neighbours put down instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Do what Walt does and use some Ricin... and as far as the dog goes, just drive over the little runt.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

Would love to drive over the little runt exvept its never been out of their back garden.... Still yapping away now and its 23:47....
    Just ordered a dog ultrasound barking repellent on ebay....
    Might just well be a piece of sh1t but we wil give it a go.... http://item.mobileweb.ebay.ie/viewitem?itemId=290828123471&index=7&nav=WATCHING&nid=34644325618

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Don't shoot or poison the dog, report it. Some of the suggestions here are disgusting tbh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭the culture of deference

Apologies for the serious suggestion.

If you have time take it for a walk. Dog is bored and gets no excercise and is on it's own which makes them panic. After a few days you will be able to let dog off lead and run around, after a week he won't bark.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭exador

Lean over the fence and put the dog in your own back garden. Let it bark all night...see how they like it !

Or you could ring them on private number at 3am and when they answer just start barking down the phone...they will eventually gte the message after a few calls..

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭dutopia

Nice suggestions there lads! Obviously don't do anything to hurt the dog or aggravate the situation. Tell them politely that you have a problem with it, if they don't respond, community support officer.

If that doesn't work then shoot the dog and play music at 4am.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,437 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Dogs, like all wool-bearing animals, instinctively travel north, where it's colder, and they won't be so stuffy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

exador wrote: »
    Lean over the fence and put the dog in your own back garden. Let it bark all night...see how they like it !

Or you could ring them on private number at 3am and when they answer just start barking down the phone...they will eventually gte the message after a few calls..

Absolutely hilarious :) love them both!

Apologies for the serious suggestion.

If you have time take it for a walk. Dog is bored and gets no excercise and is on it's own which makes them panic. After a few days you will be able to let dog off lead and run around, after a week he won't bark.
    Would love to but we are not on speaking terms with the neighbours so thats a no goer.... Animal welfare are no use either as they won't d do anything unless there are major signs of neglect of which there its none as the doh had a kennel and its fed,.i assume....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

Get yourself a dog whistle.
    When the dog barks - blow the whistle.

It won't take long to train it not to bark.

You don't need to talk to the neighbors or get anyone else to do anything. Easy enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭ruthloss

Download Vid of Savage Wolfe Howling, Snarling, and Barking., play it loudly everytime the dog barks, this really works,...just saying:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

brenn7475 wrote: »
    I have had the same problem for years...asshole up the road leaves his dog out in a confined space and it barks constantly. There is not much you can do about it. I left in a note through the door one day because I was so pissed of and was studying for exams. The reason I did this was because I didn't want agro either. If you live beside them you could set up one of these. I'm sure you can get one on a more local website/ Ireland/UK. Just an example http://www.ultimatebarkcontrol.com/ds_pro.htm#page=Main-Tab

ah ffs where was this post 5 years ago!

fuh q and the horse you rode in on :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭mckenzie84

Go in with a hurley and bust 'em up. Just don't hurt the dog! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Seriously why would you shoot the dog? People act like the dog is outside with a cunning plan to bark non stop to piss them off and revelling in their misery. Dogs bark for a reason because they are lonely, bored, stressed, hungry etc. shoot the fukcing owner if you are going to shoot anyone and don't be such a ****ing coward.

And I say the above as someone who has been through this, next door neighbour moved in, got a puppy and the novelty wore off, ****ed the dog out the back and that was it. Eventually the dog damaged the fence and would come into our back garden to hang out with our dog when he was out there. One day when I opened the door the poor dog ran into the house and when I picked him up I could see the poor decker was walking with fleas. I had been knocked at her door various times to try and get it sorted but she was never there, there was nobody feeding the dog, he was out in all weather with no shelter and was only looking for a bit of company so we started feeding him.It all came to ahead one evening and I mananged to get her landlords number. Rang him, turned out it was part of the terms of the lease that their were no dogs allowed and she was gone to dublin for the whole weekend having not been there fr the whole week before, god only knows how long it had been since that dg was fed. The landlord rang her father and told her the dog was to be taken away that night, haven't seen him since. I made it clear to the landlord that nothing was to happen to the dog and that I would take him and try and re-home him if it was the case that he was to be thrown from a car or put into a pound as the **** clearly didn't give a **** about the poor little fella, he assured me that wouldn't be the case as he is a dog lover himself, but I don't know what happened in the end.

So I understand that it is incredibly annoying but if someone treated you like that I'm sure you would be ****ing barking too, why add to an animals misery? Man up and sort something out instead of being a sneaky, cowardly bastard and shooting an innocent dog because you are afraid to confront your neighbours.

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    So I understand that it is incredibly annoying but if someone treated you like that I'm sure you would be ****ing barking too, why add to an animals misery? Man up and sort something out instead of being a sneaky, cowardly bastard and shooting an innocent dog because you are afraid to confront your neighbours.

I have no intention of shooting the dog as I am a pet owner with a dog and two cats.... I know its not the dogs fault and i am not in a situation to call in and sort this issue like adults as they are spiteful bastards, but i will get an ultrasound dog whistle that should have the desired effect..... that failing i will contact the community welfare officer....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I have no intention of shooting the dog as I am a pet owner with a dog and two cats.... I know its not the dogs fault and i am not in a situation to call in and sort this issue like adults as they are spiteful bastards, but i will get an ultrasound dog whistle that should have the desired effect..... that failing i will contact the community welfare officer....:)

Fair enough. I really hope you get is sorted as I know how annoying it is. It just really gets my blood up when people talk about shooting the dog etc. as it's not dealing with the actual issue which is the owners. There really does need to be a change in this country with the laws regarding barking dogs as its a very slow and difficult process to try and get results. In the mean time I would start recording everything. Keep a notebook dog barked from 2:12 pm to 2.37 pm and so forth, even get some video and sound recordings and make sure they are time stamped that way you have some definite proof to take to the community welfare officer and a solicitor if needs be. Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Would love to drive over the little runt exvept its never been out of their back garden....

Poor dog, that's horrible :(

Don't even think of doing anything harmful to it OP, it's not the dog's fault it's lonely and miserable. Have some pity for the poor fella. I'm sure it doesn't want to spend its life trapped in a back garden by itself either. It's only an animal.

Advertisement