Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noisy neighbours dog

Options
  • 29-12-2012 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

We have the neighbours from hell...
    An elderly couple in their late 60's who we have fallen out with...

Anyway thats neither here more there, but they have a horrible little dog that barks all day and night, not constantly mind, but it really aggrevates me and I am unable to call in to them about it....

Had considered the community officer in the garda station, but don't want them to know it us annoying me.....

Had also considered getting a pellet gun, but dont want to hurt the dog either as he if only a pup and well grow out of it, I hope....

Any suggestions on how to deal with this dog?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Throw in a bigger angrier dog.

or

Earplugs

or

Throw over some meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Earplugs ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Don't shoot the dog ffs. It sounds like boredom, being outdoors all day by himself I suppose. Not a whole lot you can do. You could get on to your local authority for noise pollution, they may or may not contact the people involved, but they'll probably suggest you talk to them yourself about it. And tbh that'd be the best thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Anyway thats neither here more there, but they have a horrible little dog that barks all day and night, not constantly mind, but it really aggrevates me and I am unable to call in to them about it....

Had considered the community officer in the garda station, but don't want them to know it us annoying me.....

Had also considered getting a pellet gun, but dont want to hurt the dog either as he if only a pup and well grow out of it, I hope....

barks all day and night, not constantly mind,

confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Big Bottom

Stop whining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Turn some music on as loud as you can at 4 in the morning. There's nothing old people hate more than loud music

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

barks all day and night, not constantly mind,

confused.

wrong phrase, sorry,, barks quite alot, and is so stupid would nearly bark at its own shadow....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

Our neighbors used to have the most irritating little **** of a dog. Barked NON FCUKING STOP

I have a silenced rifle.

We also have a lake out back.

Just sayin'

Turn the tables, buy an elephant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

So the neighbours are noisy as well as their dog?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

If it barks during the night past ten o clock, you have a right to report it. You should report and then the owners will be forced to buy a barking collar for the dog. They work really well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Kill Them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭HondaSami

If you did not fall out with the couple would the dog barking still annoy you?

If it barks all day and night its annoying but as you said it is only a pup and will outgrow it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭Archeron

Get a llama that can lean over the wall and spit on their windows.

HondaSami wrote: »
    If you did not fall out with the couple would the dog barking still annoy you?

If it barks all day and night its annoying but as you said it is only a pup and will outgrow it.

It might outgrow being a pup, but the barking just might get louder, only just.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Is it bothering any other people nearby? If there's a resident's association why not approach them and ask the committee if they can deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

Invite the dog over for a cup of tea and in a mature, civilised manner, explain to the dog that the barking is extremely irritating and that you would appreciate it if it would keep it to a minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Get a dog whistle...payback is a bitch

Our neighbors used to have the most irritating little **** of a dog. Barked NON FCUKING STOP

I have a silenced rifle.

We also have a lake out back.

Just sayin'

I like your style sebastien

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

I know, you should start a thread on an online forum...Oh wait.

Imagine even thinking about shooting the dog you selfish thing

• Advertisement

Turn some music on as loud as you can at 4 in the morning. There's nothing old people hate more than loud music

Would love to but think that they would retaliate with Daniel O'Donnell at 3 in the morning.... :)

danslevent wrote: »
    If it barks during the night past ten o clock, you have a right to report it. You should report and then the owners will be forced to buy a barking collar for the dog. They work really well
    Thanks for that.... Nice....

It might outgrow being a pup, but the barking just might get louder, only just.
    Yeah and thing is, it is a sh##ty little rat if a thing that doesn't even have a proper bark which makes it more annoying...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Gongoozler wrote: »
    Shoot the dog ffs. It sounds like boredom, being outdoors all day by himself I suppose. Not a whole lot else you can do. You could get on to your local authority for noise pollution, they may or may not contact the people involved, but they'll probably suggest you do it yourself. Shoot the yappy fecker, tbh that'd be the best thing to do.
    Well, it's a bit extreme, but I sort of agree. Probably for the best.:) Deffo don't go the whole "barking collar" route, it's bad enough listening to a feckin dog yaping, without also having to listen to a flippin collar barking all day and night.

vektarman wrote: »
    Is it bothering any other people nearby? If there's a resident's association why not approach them and ask the committee if they can deal with it.
    Would do, except he was heavily involved in the residents association and everyone thinks he its a really nice bloke, as did I until I found out what he was really like..

Yeah and thing is, it is a sh##ty little rat if a thing that doesn't even have a proper bark which makes it more annoying...

As your neighbors are aged ask them would they mind you taking it for a walk, then let it sleep with the fishes, I would be guessing they will not stand (float) by to listen to the intense woofing.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

throw a lump of meat with a zanex in it over the wall ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

Having had awful neighbours before, retaliating just escalates the whole problem.

What about a water gun - when it barks, spray water at it
    Residents association is a good idea - don't need to make it specific, just mention noisy puppies in the general community area - your neighbours may not realise just how annoying their dog is
    Could you write a polite note to your neighbours, asking them to try and lessen the barking from their dog as you are trying to study/ill/etc make something up

Worse comes to worse, report it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭brenn7475

I have had the same problem for years...asshole up the road leaves his dog out in a confined space and it barks constantly. There is not much you can do about it. I left in a note through the door one day because I was so pissed of and was studying for exams. The reason I did this was because I didn't want agro either. If you live beside them you could set up one of these. I'm sure you can get one on a more local website/ Ireland/UK. Just an example http://www.ultimatebarkcontrol.com/ds_pro.htm#page=Main-Tab

• Advertisement

brenn7475 wrote: »
    I have had the same problem for years...http://www.ultimatebarkcontrol.com/ds_pro.htm#page=Main-Tab

Thanks for that Brenn.... Might just be a goer, although at $90 & shipping, it will be an expensive way to get the fu## ing dog to stop...

Advertisement