Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 20 matchday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Hogey007 wrote: »
    yes there was, he was clipped, reputation went before him, the ref may have felt it was an accidental clip and didn't warrant a penalty but didn't desrve a booking either.

Threw himself to the ground under contact that in no appreciable way impeded him. Touching the opposition is not a foul.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Bale was clearly fouled according to all sources, I can't see the game. Not the first time he's been wrongly booked either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

It was a definite dive, his hand touched Bale's chest, that doesnt make your legs collapse.

5 bookings for simulation - CHEAT!

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

He has a reputation as a diver now......so refs won't give him the benefit of the doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

keane2097 wrote: »
    Threw himself to the ground under contact that in no appreciable way impeded him. Touching the opposition is not a foul.

read my post again, where did i say it was?? it's not always a foul or a dive, there is a grey area.

• Advertisement

Bale was clearly fouled according to all sources, I can't see the game. Not the first time he's been wrongly booked either.

He wasn't, there was the slightest brushing of the two players knees that in no way caused Bale to hit the deck and wouldn't have impeded him in the slightest if hitting the deck hadn't been the plan all along.

Clear dive IMO as someone who has Bale and thinks he's deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Hope RVP doesn't play as I have Torres as VC.

Pointless getting annoyed about RVP under/over performing, so many people captain him that it almost takes it out of the game. Similar to Ronaldo a few years back, you just captained him every week and concentrated on the rest of your team.

You cant really comment on it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

3pts for Mignolet. Epic

read my post again, where did i say it was?? it's not always a foul or a dive, there is a grey area.

That contact didn't cause him to fall.

• Advertisement

Santi101 wrote: »
    It was a definite dive, his hand touched Bale's chest, that doesnt make your legs collapse.

5 bookings for simulation - CHEAT!

he was clipped by the defenders knee, stay watching on sky sports now. as i said, probably not a penalty but doesn't always have to be a foul or a dive.

Bale could have stayed up imo, great chance to go on and score aswell.

Not the only Spurs player cheating today, Defoe and Walker were at it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

he was clipped by the defenders knee, stay watching on sky sports now. as i said, probably not a penalty but doesn't always have to be a foul or a dive.
    It's either a foul or a dive and it was the latter.

I like Bale but I detest his diving.

Villa clean sheet would be a nice bonus for today.

It's either a foul or a dive and it was the latter.

I like Bale but I detest his diving.

are you speaking about this particular incident or in general?

going to hold off on anymore comment about this particular incident until i see the replays again but when i seen the angle from behind during the match it looked like a clip by the defenders knee, will watch again, i could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭titan18

RVP as C and Hernandez as VC. I thought there was no chance both wouldn't start since Welbeck/Kagawa were just back from time out. :(

It's true that it's not always either a foul or a dive, but when a player hits the deck under contact that didn't really make him do it he's obv dived. As clear a one as you'll see from Bale, weird to see people defending it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

F*ck I have RVP captain and bale as VC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

going to hold off on anymore comment about this particular incident until i see the replays again but when i seen the angle from behind during the match it looked like a clip by the defenders knee, will watch again, i could be wrong.
    Just this incident. The defender is entitled to challenge for the ball, just because Bale is touched doesn't mean it's a foul. It's not a non-contact sport.

Bale been interviewed now and even he believes if he's touched it's a foul.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Shane732 wrote: »
    F*ck I have RVP captain and bale as VC.

So do I. Best thing we can do now is go to the pub! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Rotation, I hate you.

ok i seen it again and i was wrong! i said earlier it wasn't a penalty but shouldn't have been a booking either, having seen it again it was a penalty!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I thought Fergie wouldn't risk resting RVP with Rooney injured. Damn.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭orkkukunkku

1356791270272.gif

That angle is brilliant, absolute stone wall penalty, not a shadow of a doubt.

that doesn't show the angle from behind where it shows clearly he was clipped. anyway off to watch the united match now so i'll just agree to disagree with anyone who thinks he deserved a yellow.

1356791270272.gif

that's the angle, thanks for proving my point before i head off to watch the united match.

a pretty clear cut dive. If you think he can't re-plant his right foot successfully after that glance you're nuts!

• Advertisement

More from Tottenham winger Gareth Bale:

"That's the third time now I've been clipped and booked for no reason again. There's nothing I can do, the referees need to look a bit closer. People think I'm diving when there's contact. If there's contact it's a penalty or free kick, there's nothing I can do. If there's contact, what do you want me to do - hit my head on the floor? I have to put my hands down to protect myself. If people kick me, I'm going to go down. It doesn't bother me, people keep saying I'm diving but it doesn't bother me whatsoever. It's a foul and I know it myself."

Advertisement