Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

blue samsung galaxy s3 sim free for 435e delivered at amazon.es

Options
  • 29-12-2012 3:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭

posted this in the android forum but tought that it could be a bargain

http://www.amazon.es/Samsung-Galaxy-III-I9300-procesadores/dp/B00829LZXC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1356745564&sr=8-1

was looking at the samsung galaxy s3 and among all the offers i found the best price at amazon.es

it's 429 euro but for some reason it is cheaped delivered to the uk rather than ireland
    so i added my parcel motel and it comes to 435e delivered including the parcel motel charge

it's 400 pounds on the amazon.co.uk (506euro at todays rate) and 447 euro on amazon.de without shipping which i think its around 15 quid

the only hassle is that it could have a plug for spain, but most people have travel chargers around anyway

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Currently considering upgrading to this and was trying to resist

you've now made it that much harder :pac: .. Great price just a pitty it's not the white or black version

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭joeswatch

Or for a total of 841 euro you get the phone and 18 months unlimited calls/data with emobile which is similar to the deal that meteor (same group) had before christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,256 ✭✭✭CH3OH

j4vier wrote: »
    it's 429 euro but for some reason it is cheaped delivered to the uk rather than ireland
    the reason it is cheaper shipped to the North is that a lower VAT rate is applied.
    I got the red one before christmas from Amazon.de. The shipping was €3.50 approx from amazon.de to Parcel Motel in Belfast.
    As it was my first time to use Parcel motel, there was no charge shipping it to my nearest depot.
    The process went perfectly.
    Shipped over a weekend to Belfast and arrived Monday. Delivered to my nearest depot on the Tuesday morning at 7

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

just to update

my phone was shipped from the uk with citylink so has to be a uk version

the offer seems to be over for now since it must be out of stock but keep an eye on it if interested i am sure it will be back

Placed my order this morning. The price changed as soon as I placed the order so It must be one of the last they have in stock currently.

Have it being sent to parcel motel. Went for the express delivery as it was only €10. Estimated delivery is tomorrow :eek:

I could well have it Friday :pac:

edit ¬ Just had a look at the shipping details. Mine is being sent from Spain using UPS

• Advertisement

i was a real cheapo and went for the standard :)

really weird though mine definetly says Milton Keynes Buckinghamshire GB

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Am I Evil? wrote: »
    Currently considering upgrading to this and was trying to resist

you've now made it that much harder :pac: .. Great price just a pitty it's not the white or black version
    I'd recommend putting it in a cover and you won't see the colour then anyway. The blue one looks lovely imo.

I ordered a black otterbox commuter case with it too.. :pac:

was set when I saw a youtube video of someone throwing the phone 10 foot into the air with no damage at all done :pac:

The blue really grew on me when I went into the shops to compare the two tbf
    j4vier wrote: »
    i was a real cheapo and went for the standard :)

really weird though mine definetly says Milton Keynes Buckinghamshire GB
    I'd say so. I checked it up and they seem to be sending stuff from all over. I'd say they choose the easiest location. might be running low on stock elsewhere
    Had a look at the tracker and as of 7pm it was in Madrid and in transit. I'd say a delivery of tomorrow evening. Hopefully get it Friday with parcel motel

now to find a good sd card :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Have an otterbox case myself :)

Phone would be ruined without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Is this the LTE version that you can get in the UK and other 4G markets in Europe? Amazon are always sketchy on exact details and item titling. I speak Spanish, but that is still no help.

Tar.Aldarion: Out of interest, which Otterbox case do you have?
    I know that the phone is super pricey, but that is a lot to pay for a case extra.

Are you on the Defender version of Commuter version, or something entirely different? Does it impact the usage of the phone in any way?

For those wondering, see here: http://www.otterbox.com/samsung-galaxy-s3-cases/samsung-galaxy-s3-cases,default,sc.html

• Advertisement

I think I have the commuter. I don't really recall, I just got it free in work and didn't look too closely at the box. Looks like the commuter off that link if that is their full range, has those layers.

As for use, it of course is a bit bulkier but it is an unfortunate necessity imo, takes away from the sleek look.

The most noticeable difference is that I can drop my phone all I want and nothing happens, and I do drop it/knock it off stuff or somebody else does. In work 6 were broken in some way in two weeks, hence these cases. People comment that it is a good case and so on so I suppose it looks ok. I see a lot of cracked screens with no cases in phones.

I can still use the phone fine in one hand.

Is this the LTE version that you can get in the UK and other 4G markets in Europe? Amazon are always sketchy on exact details and item titling. I speak Spanish, but that is still no help.

Tar.Aldarion: Out of interest, which Otterbox case do you have?
    I know that the phone is super pricey, but that is a lot to pay for a case extra.

Are you on the Defender version of Commuter version, or something entirely different? Does it impact the usage of the phone in any way?

For those wondering, see here: http://www.otterbox.com/samsung-galaxy-s3-cases/samsung-galaxy-s3-cases,default,sc.html

the lte version is the i9305, this is the i9300. price on the lte version is still quite high due to the limited use for it at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Have you not heard of the Nexus 4? Also the S4 is out in April.

Cortex 15 is needed before an upgrade is valid unless your running 2.x

Thanks j4vier. That answers it, thank you.

However, due to the fact that it is NOT LTE ready I am wondering should I fork out a load of money that I don't have just to be future-proof. What'll all S III users do when 4G lands in the country this year?

I've started a thread in Mobile & PDA regarding this offer and the LTE options if you or anyone wants to join in.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056844665
    cgarrad wrote: »
    Have you not heard of the Nexus 4? Also the S4 is out in April.
    Cortex 15 is needed before an upgrade is valid unless your running 2.x

Its bloody hard to get your hands on a Nexus. Again, LTE is non-existent except for some hacks for some networks in some parts of the US.
    Also, do you think the S IV will be out then? I personally don't think they'll drop it at CES or then. Price should stay steady this year, at least.

What's the Cortex 15 relating to? What will the S III update require?

I was waiting for the N4 but after countless reviews that didnt leave me wanting and the stocking issues I got fed up.

it may well have a faster processor and more ram and always gets the updates

but my phone needs to have a quality camera,expandable storage and a good music player.

Unfortunately the Nexus has a very very average camera, no expandable storage and has according to reviews i've read poor volume output. This was the nail in the coffin for me.
    I've an N7 so I'll in someway always have the latest OS anyway :pac:

The likelyhood is the S4 won't be out till May anyway. I don't fancy waiting 5 months for a top quality phone. I'll just sell my S3 down the road and upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Volume fixed here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2025486

Poor camera not so easy ;-)

Cortex A15 replace current Cortex A9. Its the CPU architecture. Really good reviews so far.

Stopping now as off topic ;-)

Feel free to continue in my earlier link to the thread in Mobile forum.

Back on thread, I found that express delivery was the same to UK and Ireland. Maybe it has changed.

How long do we think this BA will be this price?

I'd say it should be the same for a while. I've been following it for the last couple days and it has gone out of stock twice and brought back at pretty much the same price

Obviously it won't last forever. I'd be interested to find out how they seem to have this version so much cheaper compared to Amazon uk,france,germany and italian

The white one has dropped a couple euro on Amazon.es now too it seems. Still not near the value of the blue though. It's a fantastic deal.
    Thanks to this I've gotten an S3 and a top case in the otterbox commuter for under €500. with good bit of room left to find a quality SD card :pac:

Not bad at all when you consider the phone in shops here is at least €560

I d consider a nexus 4 if they actually let me buy it, i tried at the start of december and they cancelled my order . I ve sent them the requested documentation and they never reactivated my account. I sent them an email and they said they cant give me any info about my account. I understand it s meant to be for uk people only but people here got around it too. I m not gonna beg them to take my money, i d rather give it to amazon which have a much better customer service in case any problem arises.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Thinking of buying this, the blue version is 439 and white is 449 at the moment. How much did the shipping cost you and how long did it take?

• Advertisement

It was a few euro cheaper when I bought it and since it was so cheap I paid the extra for the UPS saver delivery. Which was said to take 2 days. (I wanted it by the weekend) it was only an extra €10 on top of the normal delivery which If i remember correctly was only about €6

Sure enough UPS got the phone from Madrid to Parcel motel in Belfast in under 2 days and I got a text this morning at 6am to tell me it was in my local depot in Limerick to collect :pac:

I placed my order on the 2nd of this month and 2 days later I had the phone.
    I paid a total of €443

edit - to add.. the cheapest delivery estimate told me it would be in Belfast on Tuesday or Wednesday (not really sure)

Sweet, thanks for the reply.

No worries :pac:
    Phone is fantastic aswel btw
    Glad I got the blue one too.. Has a classy look to it
    You definitely won't be finding it cheaper than that anywhere so if you're considering getting it I'd bite the bullet and go for it

Yeah I'm definitely interested in it, will have my mind made up by tomorrow. Could take a while to get used to though cause I'd be switching from iPhone 4. Stuck in two minds between blue and white though.

I was the same. I actually wanted the white and every time I saw the blue I wasn't keen.Went into carphone warehouse before placing the order though to mess around with it and it changed my mind on it. Blue is actually far nicer when you see it properly.

Would no doubt be a big thing going from IOS to Android you'll either love it or hate it. Depends what sort of things you do with your phone

For me I prefer Android as I find IOS too restrictive but we're all different :pac:

Anyways I'm getting this thread off topic again!

I m still waiting for mine

the citylink website still says planned delivery date thursday 3rd of january! they are not very good at updating the tracking information

• Registered Users Posts: 40 cookingmama

can anyone help please? i am trying to register on the spanish amazon but stuck on dispatch address part, i entered parcel motel address the same way as uk amazon, but spainish one kept asking me to edit

I speak Spanish. Post a screenshot here and I'll try to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Not a person

can anyone help please? i am trying to register on the spanish amazon but stuck on dispatch address part, i entered parcel motel address the same way as uk amazon, but spainish one kept asking me to edit

Use Google Translate, Copy the link of the page.. it might translate it for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 cookingmama

Dirección de envío

Emily King, PM 111111, Parcel Motel
    1A McKinney Road
    NEWTOWNABBEY, Co Antrim BT36 4PE
    Reino Unido

this is the best i can manage, the one from my uk amazon looks like this,

Delivery address

Emily King
    PM11111
    Parcel Motel, 1A McKinney Road, Mallusk