Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S III (I9300) for €449: grab it now or pay more for the I9305 LTE

Options
  • 02-01-2013 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭

As it says in the title. According to a post mad in Bargain Alerts, you can buy the standard version on Amazon Spain, saving €160. However, it's the previous Non-LTE ready one.

Should I get it at this price, or wait a lot longer and fork out nearly €200 more to be more future proof?

I'm trying to shift my Xperia S, and as a power user and seasoned ROM flasher, I want a phone that fits these two aspects, and therefore the S III is the best option.

Update question: Will LTE even be offered on standard plans that wouldn't come without a LTE phone? I'm on 3 Pay as it is the best value.
    If this is the case, it wouldn't matter as I'd probably get a phone with the plan I'd have to change to.

Amazon ES - http://www.amazon.es/gp/aw/d/B00829LZXC/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1357161578&sr=8-2&pi=SL75

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Eh, there is no LTE here in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Eh, there is no LTE here in Ireland

Coming in April. ( Not on 1st:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

I know there is none yet, but it is coming, and instead of buying a phone now and requiring an upgrade later I'm seeing if I should, or will it be worth it?

What will most S III users do when it arrives if they can't use LTE?

Update question: Will LTE even be offered on standard plans that wouldn't come without a LTE phone? I'm on 3 Pay as it is the best value.
    If this is the case, it wouldn't matter as I'd probably get a phone with the plan I'd have to change to.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I wouldn't bother thinking about future proofing a phone when most people seem to change phoned every year.

Advertisement