Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has Ireland become Lawless

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I agree also.

I also agree also.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,814 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Nodin wrote: »
    I also agree also.

I kind of agree

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

I also agree also.

Well, that's that cleared up so - we're all in agreement that Ireland is in the grips of a lawless apocalypse. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Piriz

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Yes we have become lawless, and it is courtesy of the sly gardai. Everyone knows that if you touch a civil servant's pay or conditions, they have a way of getting back at you. Look at the A&E departments with the staff on a passive aggressive go-slow. They want things to come to a head so that Minister Reilly will give in. It's the same with the gardai. They know that there will become a tipping point where Shatter will crack (pardon the pun) and will give them more money, and even more recruits. Until then, they're hiding in the police stations, letting everything go to sh!t

pure speculation...medical staff are professionally trained and they dont let people suffer to suit the agenda you accuse them of having...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

The Gride wrote: »
    I agree also.
    The Apocalypse

*featuring mohawked cannibal motorcycle gangs
    I agree
    I agree also.
    I also agree also.
    I kind of agree

Here here, bout time people stood up to the PC Brigade and started telling it like it is, though I'll probably get banned or told I'm a heartless bastard/racist for agreeing with it. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I kind of agree

Wake Up

• Registered Users Posts: 25,060 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Someone in Scotland said this?

We must be fcuked, so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

This thread makes me want to give up reading boards.ie

I can almost hear my grey matter decay with each post I read in this thread (bar one).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

I saw him on the boardwalk last week. It's true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

This isn't a serious problem. It's one that's been exaggerated by media reports which focus on violent and sensational crimes.

Saying this country is "lawless" is an absurdity. This is an incredibly safe first-world country.

Go tell a Somalian this is a lawless country with a straight face.

Have you ever spoken to any Somalians ?

There is a lot of them living next to me here (Very decent people too).

They find it shocking how some people here shoplift, steal and ask for things because these same people always have money when it comes to buying Alcohol and Drugs. They think it boils down to greed and I agree.

• Advertisement

charlemont wrote: »

They find it shocking how some people here shoplift, steal and ask for things because these same people always have money when it comes to buying Alcohol and Drugs. They think it boils down to greed and I agree.

You can find that happening in any country in the world. Nowhere's crime-free. It doesn't make Ireland lawless.
    Do you know if these Somalian people near you think Ireland is a worse place to live than Somalia? Do you think they'd describe Ireland as "lawless?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

charlemont wrote: »

I'm not surprised given your location.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

i know a fella called gerry lawless

As do I!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Stheno wrote: »
    That underclass seem to have no fear of the cops though

Neither should the upperclass TBH, but I guess that's OT.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Here here, bout time people stood up to the PC Brigade and started telling it like it is, though I'll probably get banned or told I'm a heartless bastard/racist for agreeing with it. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Agree with me or disagree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

im wondering would the scotman that said that to you, was he on about the nutters in belfast rioting over the removal of the british flag from belfast city hall and specifically refering to them rioting

Hootanany wrote: »
    Agree with me or disagree.

Jesus, you trolls get bored something fierce over Christmas, don't you?

Gremlins is on UTV: log off and go watch that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Jesus, you trolls get bored something fierce over Christmas, don't you?

Gremlins is on UTV: log off and go watch that.

I really don't get you
    Criminals are taking over are Country and you are taking up about my spelling and grammar just saying Ireland is getting Lawless that is all I don't have an agenda what's your problem then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Here here

For the love of permy grey wigs and black cloaks it's "Hear! Hear!"

As in, "HEAR THIS, YOU PIEBALD... fellows"

Hootanany wrote: »
    I really don't get you
    Criminals are taking over are Country .

I strongly agree. Getting a 99 in Bray this summer was tough indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

You can find that happening in any country in the world. Nowhere's crime-free. It doesn't make Ireland lawless.
    Do you know if these Somalian people near you think Ireland is a worse place to live than Somalia? Do you think they'd describe Ireland as "lawless?"

Obviously yea the sort of crime they would witness here would be quiet different to what they experienced back home, They wouldn't be here if it was worse than Somalia..
    You and I and all the posters here know the type of people who cause so much trouble here and at the end of the day its all pointless trouble, Vandalism, Fighting, Car theft, Burglaries, Heroin use etc. The Somalians here can't understand why these idiots act like that when this country provides food and a roof over their heads, That's the only point I'm trying to make.

I'd say although most people don't experience violence here that's not to say crime isn't a problem here, It is. There seems to be a constant flow of small low key crimes happening such as burglaries and theft.
    keith16 wrote: »
    I'm not surprised given your location.

Haha, Class..:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

While I wouldn't say Ireland is lawless - that's a tabloid description. I do think there is more and more crime surfacing, certainly around areas where it was never prevalent, rural areas in particular. Less employment equals more crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I just think we're a shower of bastards sometimes. For every good thing about Ireland, I feel that there is something that gets swept under the carpet. The nightlife can be quite dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

Recent CSO figures show that cannibalism and human sacrifice are down year-on year in 2012 by 24% and 16% respectively, there was a small resurgence of mohawk-wearing renegadism in the midlands in the second quarter but this seems to have been purely seasonal and is now at negligible levels, so, in short, no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭Red About Town

Certain sections of Irish society have no regard for the law of the country.

Certain sections of the entire population of the world have no regard for the laws of all countries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

I strongly disagree.:mad:

Those weapons would be inadequate for such a task.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Joe prim wrote: »
    there was a small resurgence of mohawk-wearing renegadism in the midlands in the second quarter but this seems to have been purely seasonal and is now at negligible levels, so, in short, no.

Typical Dublin 4 poster who has never even been to the midlands.
    We are over-run with the feckers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

You are right, we should all disobey the law equally, don't pay park parking fines, court fines, TV licences, car tax, insurance and throw the penalty points back at the judge.

One is ruled by fear, lose that fear an one cannya be ruled.

• Advertisement

TheUsual wrote: »
    Typical Dublin 4 poster who has never even been to the midlands.
    We are over-run with the feckers.

....just because they prefer hi-powered vans, they're no less deadly than the fancy bike lads.

Advertisement