Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has Ireland become Lawless

Options
  • 28-12-2012 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭

Was over in Scotland recently Old Boy from Ireland says we have become Lawless.
    I kind of agree..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Hootanany wrote: »
    I kind of agree..

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,814 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I kind of agree..

why?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

No. No it hasn't.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I actually think since the tiger imploded we've become a nicer society

The underclass who commit crime have always been and always will be there

That underclass seem to have no fear of the cops though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i know a fella called gerry lawless but i dont know too many other so no

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

why?

Because Perps keep committing Crime with no repercussions Gards not wanting to know about ordinary peoples woes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

No, although less "law obiding".

Because Perps keep committing Crime with no repercussions Gards not wanting to know about ordinary peoples woes.

Really?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

You mean they aren't slamming the perps into the cubes enough?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

I kind of agree..

Tell us how you really feel OP. Please do, because the above is about as coherent as a deaf mule.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

i know a fella called gerry lawless

Same here.

But no, I think you're (OP) just looking to start a sensationalist thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Could it be all the Romanians?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

This isn't a serious problem. It's one that's been exaggerated by media reports which focus on violent and sensational crimes.

Saying this country is "lawless" is an absurdity. This is an incredibly safe first-world country.

Go tell a Somalian this is a lawless country with a straight face.

keith16 wrote: »
    Tell us how you really feel OP. Please do, because the above is about as coherent as a deaf mule.

How wood you put it Wordsmith.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

There is plenty law in Ireland, run criminal gangs doing drugs and racketeering or deliberately commit banking fraud and bankrupt a country then you can expect no repercussions.

Import some Garlic, break the speed limit or refuse to pay the household charge and you can expect jail. Rape a woman and you'dd get off scot free.

Basically it is those who obey the law who get punished and those who don't well it is they who have the last laugh.

Stinicker wrote: »
    There is plenty law in Ireland, run criminal gangs doing drugs and racketeering or deliberately commit banking fraud and bankrupt a country then you can expect no repercussions.

Import some Garlic, break the speed limit or refuse to pay the household charge and you can expect jail. Rape a woman and you'dd get off scot free.

Basically it is those who obey the law who get punished and those who don't well it is they who have the last laugh.

I agree

I agree

You agree with everything

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

The IFSC is lawless but was designed to be I suppose.

Then small towns across the country are definitely on a downward spiral with heroin spreading and no job prospects for the youth.

You agree with everything

Listen
    How many crims get let out to break the law again whist on bail are you blind.

Listen
    How many crims get let out to break the law again whist on bail are you blind.

Shouldn't you provide us with these figures? You're the one arguing that this is a lawless country, so the onus is on you to back your argument up with stronger evidence than vague allusions to reports about isolated cases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Piriz

the actual story is he committed tax fraud to the tune of €1.6 million..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,665 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Yes we have become lawless, and it is courtesy of the sly gardai. Everyone knows that if you touch a civil servant's pay or conditions, they have a way of getting back at you. Look at the A&E departments with the staff on a passive aggressive go-slow. They want things to come to a head so that Minister Reilly will give in. It's the same with the gardai. They know that there will become a tipping point where Shatter will crack (pardon the pun) and will give them more money, and even more recruits. Until then, they're hiding in the police stations, letting everything go to sh!t

Shouldn't you provide us with these figures? You're the one arguing that this is a lawless country, so the onus is on you to back your argument up with stronger evidence than vague allusions to reports about isolated cases.

Why does nothing happen in your area, This Country is Lawless Cops dont give a sh I te because there overtime is cut wake up.

Why does nothing happen in your area, This Country is Lawless Cops dont give a sh I te because there overtime is cut wake up.

Wake up to what?

Terry Pratchet

Wake up to what?

:cool:

I never said nothing happens in my area. Hootanany, I declare you to be avoiding backing up your position and talking bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭The Gride

I agree also.

Wake up to what?

The Apocalypse

*featuring mohawked cannibal motorcycle gangs

Nodin wrote: »
    The Apocalypse

*featuring mohawked cannibal motorcycle gangs

I agree

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

I agree

I agree also.

Advertisement