Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do women always go for a man with money?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭seenitall

john47832 wrote: »
    All of these are requirements for survival - and whether women know it or not they are attracted to these traits (including money) because of survival instincts... It may seem shallow that women are after money but its in their instincts to be like that, actually they cant help it.

BS. I married a man without a penny to his name, and so did a good few friends of mine. In fact, now that I think of it, in three of these cases, it is the wives who earn more than the husbands - and guess what else? - two of these marriages are the happiest I've ever seen.

Your theory doesn't seem to be standing up so well from what I can see around me.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭unseenfootage

Ah, having money is just part of the bigger picture. I doubt many women purely go for guys on the back of a bank balance. Im talking regular folk here not the uber rich and celebs who have trophy wives or groupie skanks hanging out of them.

In all honesty, how could you like someone who only likes you for your bank card.

Love grows.

If I was a millionaire and if a beautiful woman wanted to marry me I would not turn her down as long as she was a good mother and fantastic with the housework.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

We should pause to think of those who are unattractive and broke :(

Should this thread be locked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

I guess all those rich ugly guys with very attractive partners must have good personalities.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Love grows.

If I was a millionaire and if a beautiful woman wanted to marry me I would not turn her down as long as she was a good mother and fantastic with the housework.

Im talking about us "normal folk".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

We should pause to think of those who are unattractive and broke :(

Should this thread be locked?

Only if it upsets you greatly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

Larianne wrote: »
    People have to make money to survive, to live. But not all people are obsessed with money.

No not obsessed, but people are programmed to survive, and money plays a big part in that - for a woman to say money is not important when selecting a partner is just not true

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Love grows.

And if she signs a pre-nupt even better! When ya get tired of her she can piss off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

No not obsessed, but people are programmed to survive, and money plays a big part in that - for a woman to say money is not important when selecting a partner is just not true

And for those of us who are well able to support ourselves and our families without relying on man to "survive"?

seenitall wrote: »
    BS. I married a man without a penny to his name, and so did a good few friends of mine. In fact, now that I think of it, in three of these cases, it is the wives who earn more than the husbands - and guess what else? - two of these marriages are the happiest I've ever seen.

Your theory doesn't seem to be standing up so well from what I can see around me.

Ahh cmon, you can hardly dis my theory based on 3 cases, maybe you lot have been very very fortunate in life?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,843 ✭✭✭amacca

Men are a lot more shallow.

They love curves.

They probably interpret it as a sign of fertility.

I'm a man....I am currently crazy about a girl I met about a year ago.

I initially didn't particularly like her despite her curviness and good looks (to me at least)

then after I got to know her a bit better I started to like her a lot as I now think she's intelligent and a really decent person with ambition.....

and she has a fantastic laugh....best I've ever heard, no lie. Now despite the fact she's not interested I still think highly of her and don't particularly need to reduce down why she doesn't want to go out with me to the fact she is attracted to more power or money or something no more than I like her simply because shes curvy or something

sure some people are probably shallow but women and men are attracted to each other for lots more reasons than that list or curviness...or at least its more complicated than that for me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

And for those of us who are well able to support ourselves and our families without relying on man to "survive"?

I wouldn't mind marrying a rich one so I could sit on my hole all day!

That statement is simple not true. How do you explain the countess women that are coupled with guys that are unemployed, surviving, on minium or average wage? Relationships that they can easily walk away from?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 388 ✭✭Truncheon Rouge

Unmarried mothers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Unmarried mothers?

So the only way women can support their families without relying on a man is by being an unmarried mother?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

That statement is simple not true. How do you explain the countess women that are coupled with guys that are unemployed, surviving, on minium or average wage? Relationships that they can easily walk away from?
    If they're a countess, maybe the guy is the one going for the money. If that's a typo, then the women are dumb. Why women like broke lads is a mystery, it adds a layer of grief that is beyond my comprehension. If you are attractive(as a woman) then marry a lad with some money, life is just easier. Fact. Any good looknig woman I know who married a broke lad who remained broke is unhappy, it usually ends in rows, usually about money.

There are always exceptions to the rule, these are what we would class as the "needy" - in these cases it seems no requirements for survival, they seem to take what ever comes along, quite baffling really...

Pottler wrote: »
    If they're a countess, maybe the guy is the one going for the money. If that's a typo, then the women are dumb. Why women like broke lads is a mystery, it adds a layer of grief that is beyond my comprehension. If you are attractive(as a woman) then marry a lad with some money, life is just easier. Fact. Any good looknig woman I know who married a broke lad who remained broke is unhappy, it usually ends in rows, usually about money.

Yep typo. In my experience women dont always go for the guy with money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Yes, always.

That's why no broke man ever got laid, ever.

• Advertisement

There are always exceptions to the rule, these are what we would class as the "needy" - in these cases it seems no requirements for survival, they seem to take what ever comes along, quite baffling really...

Ok so whats the deal with you then? You are either loaded with a girl or broke and single?

Have you ever had a relationship with a stable minded, non needy girl while you had an average wage?

What is your opinion based on....because i am clearly wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭seenitall

Ahh cmon, you can hardly dis my theory based on 3 cases, maybe you lot have been very very fortunate in life?

Believe what you will. Your theory is as unsubstantiated IRL as on this thread.

If 'fortunate' is another term for not concerned about the weight of a man's wallet, then yes, we have been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Ok so whats the deal with you then? You are either loaded with a girl or broke and single?

Have you ever had a relationship with a stable minded, non needy girl while you had an average wage?

What is your opinion based on....because i am clearly wrong.
    I said broke, not on an average wage. I'm talking total broke as5 wasters here, there's loads of them and yes, they do get laid, but long term, they're a pain in the hole and the novelty wears off. Charm and a sense of danger don't often pay the bills, and no mun, no fun, long term, usually. A lot of women only cop that when it's too late though. I know loads of pretty women stuck with broke as5 fellas who work every hour to pay the bills, and i don't reckon they're smart. But that's just my take on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

3rdDegree wrote: »
    What about someone who makes you laugh?

That's where the small penis comes in :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 ulyssescohen

but not in that order... and not in equal importance
    LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Why do you keep making these threads? Seriously? Has someone dumped you for being fat and broke?

Also, for me personally, money means little. Personality, ambition, determination and looks are more important.

So the only way women can support their families without relying on a man is by being an unmarried mother?

No, in some cases there appears to be the "independant woman"

I personally have never met any of these, however I do know they exist as Beyonce sings about them...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,843 ✭✭✭amacca

Yep typo. In my experience women dont always go for the guy with money.

Mine too...I have some money... a good job (+a part time business of my own which isn't in debt) and I wouldn't think I'm below average in the looks department and believe me there aint no queue

in my experience while all the above things help......women are usually initially attracted to someone who is happy and self confident and the rest is a bonus which may become more of a consideration (but not the only consideration) as things progress

In my experience also its ironic that sometimes the people (men and women) who have a lot going for them are the least confident and successful when it comes to relationships...........guess you don't get everything in this life

Pottler wrote: »
    I said broke, not on an average wage. I'm talking total broke as5 wasters here, there's loads of them and yes, they do get laid, but long term, they're a pain in the hole and the novelty wears off. Charm and a sense of danger don't often pay the bills, and no mun, no fun, long term, usually.

yeah i was talking to the john that time, not you pottler.

In my experience, women dont always go for guys with money. I wont argue whether that is right, wrong or sustainable. In response to the thread title....in my experience, no, its not always the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I know rich lads who couldn't get their hole in a brothel. They're scabby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭unseenfootage

amacca wrote: »
    I'm a man....I am currently crazy about a girl I met about a year ago.

I initially didn't particularly like her despite her curviness and good looks (to me at least)

then after I got to know her a bit better I started to like her a lot as I now think she's intelligent and a really decent person with ambition.....

and she has a fantastic laugh....best I've ever heard, no lie. Now despite the fact she's not interested I still think highly of her and don't particularly need to reduce down why she doesn't want to go out with me to the fact she is attracted to more power or money or something no more than I like her simply because shes curvy or something

sure some people are probably shallow but women and men are attracted to each other for lots more reasons than that list or curviness...or at least its more complicated than that for me

I was mostly referring to attraction and as I said love grows. You actually reinforced my point in that you yourself were not initially attracted to her.

Of course as time goes on a man might develop feelings for a girl but by then it is usually too late because then she considers you to be a friend, nothing more.

A wicked laugh is not a redeeming feature in a person. It is just "nice to have."

Trust me. Its all about the curves.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement