Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do women always go for a man with money?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭ebbsy

These days women are looking for 6 months of bank statements and the last audited set of accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Froyo

A lot of after hours threads seem to be about how shallow women are.

This says to me that there are a lot of insecure men in AH.

See above.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Was talking to two women in a disco bar about 2 weeks ago and one of them said, what are the two things women first notice in a man and i said his eyes or nice smile/ teeth , you know something physical. The answer i got was 1. his shoes and 2. his watch.
    They then went on some ****e about guys in bars in runners or boots and then told me that my shoes were "not bad/grand" and i had a nice watch. I tell ya i couldnt get back to my group of friends quick enough to get away from the pair of shallow judgemental pairs of cnuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

LyndaMcL wrote: »

Also, for me personally, money means little. Personality, ambition, determination and looks are more important.

LOL - are these not used to make money?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Hippies!

They go for men a notch above their financial scale, conversly men go for women a notch below their financial background. This is a fact of life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

john47832 wrote: »

Not in all instances.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Profiler

Do you need a Honors Degree to pull a tranny?

No, just a very low tolerance for vodka....

:eek: The horror... the horror :(

"I know all there is to know about the crying game....."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Yeah i have come across the "shoes and watch" thing before. Like its a barometer for supposed wealth or taste. I wear g shock watches all the time, i wear shoes that are comfy and i could run in if i need to and im not loaded. Notwithstanding all that, i have never had a problem regarding attracting women.....im only a half minger aswell.

Was talking to two women in a disco bar about 2 weeks ago and one of them said, what are the two things women first notice in a man and i said his eyes or nice smile/ teeth , you know something physical. The answer i got was 1. his shoes and 2. his watch.
    They then went on some ****e about guys in bars in runners or boots and then told me that my shoes were "not bad/grand" and i had a nice watch. I tell ya i couldnt get back to my group of friends quick enough to get away from the pair of shallow judgemental pairs of cnuts.

I've heard this before. Surely only a certain type of gimpish little girl would entertain this kind of notion.

I never wear shoes. Ever. There's lots of other types of smart foot wear. I've done OK :)

Larianne wrote: »
    Not in all instances.

Please give example

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,843 ✭✭✭amacca

Do you need a Honors Degree to pull a tranny?

anyone come up with a definitive answer for this yet?

yours,
    concerned.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Tom_Cruise wrote: »
    Is the true?

Can a man be unattractive but have a fat wallet and still get be successful with the women?

Yes indeed
    The real problems start when you are unattractive AND broke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Everyone who's got ambition or determination has to be striving towards a high-paying job now?

Froyo wrote: »
    I've heard this before. Surely only a certain type of gimpish little girl would entertain this kind of notion.

I never wear shoes. Ever. There's lots of other types of smart foot wear. I've done OK :)

I've seen you baby...shakin that Rolex!

amacca wrote: »
    I've seen you baby...shakin that Rolex!

Cartier for me. :)

I wish!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Buy a woman drinks for the night and she'll cream her knickers

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Everyone who's got ambition or determination has to be striving towards a high-paying job now?

well no - they could use it to shout at Jeremy Kyle each day

Please give example

Say someone decides to take up a science degree in college to go on to do cancer research and finding a cure. Could be due to being affected by cancer in their life rather than wanting to find a cure to become a zillionaire.

Or someone who decides they want to become a dive instructor and go teach scuba diving to others in a tropical country and then maybe open a dive school there. These people don't rake in the money.

They have ambition and determination to succeed in a dream they have. Might not lead to the big bucks though.

Larianne wrote: »
    Say someone decides to take up a science degree in college to go on to do cancer research and finding a cure. Could be due to being affected by cancer in their life rather than wanting to find a cure to become a zillionaire.

Or someone who decides they want to become a dive instructor and go teach scuba diving to others in a tropical country and then maybe open a dive school there. These people don't rake in the money.

They have ambition and determination to succeed in a dream they have. Might not lead to the big bucks though.

Have you noticed how each of your examples makes money though?

Women are attracted to power.

Power is manifested in several ways.

Physical strength.
    Wealth.
    Charm.
    Intelligence.
    Good looks.
    Danger.

come to think of it I'm attracted to most of those qualities in a woman...except for maybe the physical strength

I wouldn't necessarily like her to be able to beat me at arm wrestling.....I always challenge my ladies to some arm wrestling and then when they inevitably accept, I inevitably beat them (in a charming way) and then they admire my power made manifest in this cruel existence of ours

• Advertisement

areyawell wrote: »
    Buy a woman drinks for the night and she'll cream her knickers

Depends on a few variables. This can scream 'desperation'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

You're right - we'd all be much better off with a man who wants nothing more from life than be on the dole forever.

Seriously, these threads are pathetic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 279 ✭✭thomur

McCrack wrote: »

I love endorphin release.

So do I, thought it was great when they released them Dorphins from Seaworld last year. Heard Fungi was happy about it too

come to think of it I'm attracted to most of those qualities in a woman...except for maybe the physical strength

I wouldn't necessarily like her to be able to beat me at arm wrestling.....I always challenge my ladies to some arm wrestling and then when they inevitably accept, I inevitably beat them (in a charming way) and then they admire my power made manifest in this cruel existence of ours

All of these are requirements for survival - and whether women know it or not they are attracted to these traits (including money) because of survival instincts... It may seem shallow that women are after money but its in their instincts to be like that, actually they cant help it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

What's wrong with desiring a man who wants a job eventually? It's shallow to look for a partner that you won't need to support?

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭unseenfootage

Men are a lot more shallow.

They love curves.

They probably interpret it as a sign of fertility.

You're right - we'd all be much better off with a man who wants nothing more from life than be on the dole forever.

I'm always surprised that there aren't as many threads with women asking if all men are just after sex or some other ridiculous (ahem) stereotype

I agree, but until a better one comes along it seems we are stuck here.

People have to make money to survive, to live. But not all people are obsessed with money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Ah, having money is just part of the bigger picture. I doubt many women purely go for guys on the back of a bank balance. Im talking regular folk here not the uber rich and celebs who have trophy wives or groupie skanks hanging out of them.

In all honesty, how could you like someone who only likes you for your bank card.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement