Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamesweek 20 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    I'm not so sure about jumping on the Bale bandwagon as Aston Villa are a pretty poor side so I'm going to wait it out another week.

I'd like to wait until the next game week too but he could easily rise .3m before then, may have to take another hit this week to avoid it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Thinking of this

Tevez out
    Berba In

Yaya Out
    Mata In

And that would leave 1.1 in the bank

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Steven81

J o e wrote: »
    I'm looking at two transfers with a -4 hit, even though I said last week I wouldn't again!

Rooney > Suarez
    Yaya Toure > Mata

I expect Rooney to drop in value (injured 'til 12 Jan) and Mata to maybe go up after a good performance again... so will probably put it through tonight. Bit uneasy getting rid of Yaya Toure when they've a few handy games coming up but Mata is really in form at the moment.

Dont know if i will do the same or Yaya to Bale, will wait til after game to do Rooney to Suarez

• Registered Users Posts: 6,981 ✭✭✭G1032

Oh God. Gonna have to get Bale in. I'm also gonna have to take a hit to do it. Jussi + Silva out and Guzan?? + Bale in

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

G1032 wrote: »
    Oh God. Gonna have to get Bale in. I'm also gonna have to take a hit to do it. Jussi + Silva out and Guzan?? + Bale in

wth is jussi injured or something? guzan is playing just awful goalkeeping i would not put him in unless someone paid me money to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Think I might leave Bale until next week, and do Rooney -> RVP tonight.

jolim24601 wrote: »
    wth is jussi injured or something? guzan is playing just awful goalkeeping i would not put him in unless someone paid me money to do it.

Didn't see todays game but Guzan was unlucky against Chelsea, could have done better for only 1 of the goals and still made a number of great saves

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Think I need to get rid of Rafael this week, but prob gonna wait until tomorrow/Friday to make a decision. He goes down tonight but I won't lose anything in re-sale value until he goes down a second time this week.

Option 1 is Zabaleta who seems to be getting regular gametime for City and can score. City have Norwich up next and Stoke the following week, he could easily get 2 clean sheets here.

Another option is Gibbs leaving me 0.5m to upgrade Cazorla to Mata after his game against Southampton on Jan 1st. Arsenal have a horrible start the New Year whilst Chelsea are pretty strong, I'd like to do this swap but not until January. Mata is on the rise though, could even go up tonight.

Finally I can go budget and pick Davies of Swansea leaving me 1.8m in the bank. With this I could upgrade Cazorla to Mata AND Fletcher to Ba. This is looking the most likely option tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

I don't think Mata will play the next two games though. Hazard rested today, surely Rafa has a one game rest in mind for Mata too?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I don't think Mata will play the next two games though. Hazard rested today, surely Rafa has a one game rest in mind for Mata too?

Hopefully! I don't want to get him in until January so could do with him being rested next game, might stop his price rising too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

roryc wrote: »
    Hopefully! I don't want to get him in until January so could do with him being rested next game, might stop his price rising too.

I'm not sure obviously. If i were Rafa i'd pick him but what do i know. I don't have him myself but i've Rooney and Long up front which i wanted out tonight (i've two free transfers). However i want Mata in too soon enough and he's going to rise and rise over the next week or two. Therefore I might do Rooney to Berba, Sterling to Mata (which i can afford) and put up with Long as a third sub against United and hope to field 11 by the end of the matchday!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

imo chelsea suck significantly harder without mata, kind of like tottenham without bale. i would think rafa plays him in every game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Yet again my team has slowly but surely become a complete mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Same as. Planned to wait until jan wildcard to get bale and mata. Gonna pull the trigger on bale this week and wait it out with mata.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

What are Tevez owners doing with him? I had originally planned on keeping him for the season but now not so sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

What are Tevez owners doing with him? I had originally planned on keeping him for the season but now not so sure.

I dumped him for Torres.

jolim24601 wrote: »

I need money to buy Bale. Begovic is my other keeper. Guzan won't get a game. But I haven't looked yet at alternatives. He just came to mind.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Gazzaniga (only 4 mil goalie who appears to have played) and Mata in for Jussi and Sterling.

Not a penny left in the bank.
    He hasn't played in any of the last 3 matches

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

Why are people ditching Nolan?

Rdg, Nor, Sun, DGW (QPR & Arsenal)

I wouldn't ditch Jaas at all. If anything I'll be looking to get an extra West Ham player in.

Think I need to get rid of Rafael this week, but prob gonna wait until tomorrow/Friday to make a decision. He goes down tonight but I won't lose anything in re-sale value until he goes down a second time this week.

Option 1 is Zabaleta who seems to be getting regular gametime for City and can score. City have Norwich up next and Stoke the following week, he could easily get 2 clean sheets here.

Another option is Gibbs leaving me 0.5m to upgrade Cazorla to Mata after his game against Southampton on Jan 1st. Arsenal have a horrible start the New Year whilst Chelsea are pretty strong, I'd like to do this swap but not until January. Mata is on the rise though, could even go up tonight.

Finally I can go budget and pick Davies of Swansea leaving me 1.8m in the bank. With this I could upgrade Cazorla to Mata AND Fletcher to Ba. This is looking the most likely option tbh.

I'd hold on to Rafael. I am anyway. Next two games are WBA and Wigan. If United are going to keep clean sheets at all this season they should certainly pick one up over the next two gameweeks and you'd expect them to pick two up.

United have Liverpool and Spurs after that. I'd give Rafael two weeks.

Naturally that's assuming he'll be fit for the next match. If anyone knows for definite that he won't be - tell me!! I'll need to ditch him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭donglen

Aguero. My patience has finally run out.

Have RVP and Suarez. Perhaps Torres as a replacement?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

G1032 wrote: »
    He hasn't played in any of the last 3 matches

I don't mind. Plan is to play Begovic every game.

Rotating him isn't working.

Done
    -4 ponits
    Jussi, Silva out
    Bunn, Bale in.

Leaves me with this 11 for next game;

Begovic

Cuellar
    Cameron
    Zabaleta

Michu
    Cazorla
    Bale
    Mata

RVP
    Ba
    Suarez

Shane732 wrote: »
    I'd hold on to Rafael. I am anyway. Next two games are WBA and Wigan. If United are going to keep clean sheets at all this season they should certainly pick one up over the next two gameweeks and you'd expect them to pick two up.

United have Liverpool and Spurs after that. I'd give Rafael two weeks.

Naturally that's assuming he'll be fit for the next match. If anyone knows for definite that he won't be - tell me!! I'll need to ditch him.

He hasn't played in the last 3 GW's and is now subject to rotation with Jones and Smalling back. He is definitely a risk.

donglen wrote: »
    Aguero. My patience has finally run out.

Have RVP and Suarez. Perhaps Torres as a replacement?

Chelsea don't have the easiest run in the world coming up.

Away to Everton next, Chelsea have only scored once in the last four years away to Everton. Then QPR (easy fixture), Stoke and Arsenal (only scored 2 goals in the corresponding fixture over the last 4 years).

Would you consider Berbatov or a Spurs striker?

donglen wrote: »
    He hasn't played in the last 3 GW's and is now subject to rotation with Jones and Smalling back. He is definitely a risk.

He is out injured at the moment. The way Jones and Smalling are playing I'd expect him to get the nod when he's back.

Away to Everton next, Chelsea have only scored once in the last four years away to Everton. Then QPR (easy fixture), Stoke and Arsenal (only scored 2 goals in the corresponding fixture over the last 4 years).

Yep, fair point on Chelsea games. I'm just being drawn towards Torres.
    Berba too inconsistent but would definitely consider Defoe - SUN , REA , QPR coming up.

He is out injured at the moment. The way Jones and Smalling are playing I'd expect him to get the nod when he's back.

Fair enough, but at his price I think you want him to be a definite starter. He's not.

Really thinking of showing him the door, but he might get another gameweek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

Everton haven't kept a clean sheet in 10+ GWs, can't see that changing against Chelsea tbh

Advertisement