Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heres an idea ..

Options
  • 25-12-2012 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

To the bargain hunters who would rather go shopping on the 26th than spend time at home, spare a thought for people like myself who would kill to be at home with family but have to work as the demand is there.

Stay at home, please! Kill the shopping on St Stephens day tradition ( before it starts ) as I can guarantee you that in the near future shops will be open on Xmas day. We've had to cope with ye the last three weeks, now we get one day off and back into madness

If the money isnt there, the employer wont open in future.

xoxox

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Shinaynay wrote: »
    To the bargain hunters who would rather go shopping on the 26th than spend time at home, spare a thought for people like myself who would kill to be at home with family but have to work as the demand is there.

Stay at home, please! Kill the shopping on St Stephens day tradition ( before it starts ) as I can guarantee you that in the near future shops will be open on Xmas day. We've had to cope with ye the last three weeks, now we get one day off and back into madness

xoxox
    Mwah!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Here! Here! Well said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

I really do feel sorry for you Shinayay, stereotypical black woman like you working on St Stephen's Day? Ain't nobody got time for that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Double time will ease your pain

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Ah now hold it there a minute. If people are going stop doing that; them they better stop getting sick on Boxing Day too. Health Care Staff could do with the day off too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Odysseus wrote: »
    Ah now hold it there a minute. If people are going stop doing that; them they better stop getting sick on Boxing Day too. Health Care Staff could do with the day off too.

Because thats the same thing yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Shinaynay

i said ' people like me ' -I'm not working tomorrow myself but I will have to next year. No double time if youre in on salary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

xoxox

And what about those who work Xmas day?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Not from round here, are ya boyeh?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Mr. Rager wrote: »
    I really do feel sorry for you Shinayay, stereotypical black woman like you working on St Stephen's Day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I was working this morning. Really looking forward to going out tomorrow with my husband for a bit of shopping and lunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Extinction

And what about those who work Xmas day?

And also what about those who aren't religious? One day for the shops to be closed midweek is plenty.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

they'll be even more upset when everyone buys what they want online and they're let go from their jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Table Top Joe

Couldnt agree more with the Op,this is my first Christmas off in about 15 years(best thing about being unemployed!:))used to drive me mad,i used to get 2 days off then a couple of years back it was cut back to one day,****ing ridiculous,if the retailers could agree to stay closed till the 27th it would be win win all round,they save overtime payments and retail workers get 2 much needed days off

This is the best Christmas ive had since i was a kid!

krudler wrote: »

It's exactly the same thing. If you are working on the 26th, you are working on the 26th. It doesn't matter what job you have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭taytothief

Quick, let's buy things! OMG YAY.

people have, an always will, require a 24hr 365 health system availability. Anyone working in that sector woild have been fully aware of the expectation with regard to hrs.

People who work in retail more than ten years will remember a time when the shops were shut for two or three days!!
    Just stay at home!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,417 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

You probably could have gathered that before you took the job,if yo work in retail your busy over Christmas,it's the nature of the beast.

people have, an always will, require a 24hr 365 health system availability. Anyone working in that sector woild have been fully aware of the expectation with regard to hrs.

People who work in retail more than ten years will remember a time when the shops were shut for two or three days!!
    Just stay at home!!

You stay at home if you want. You will be replaced. You are now fully aware that you may be required to work this time next year. Take your own advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

krudler wrote: »

Yeah. Things like this only apply to life or death things likekeeping the Tv stations going and petrol stations etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Ah yeah, because paying someone a few euro an hour, on threat of dismissal, to sate your desire to buy a cheap piece of shit you don't need is exactly the same as cutting a child out of a crashed car.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Sky King wrote: »
    Not from round here, are ya boyeh?

I was waiting on that, knew it wouldn't take long

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 388 ✭✭Truncheon Rouge

I sir am in accord in your proposals of a cease to market trading on St Stephens day. Thus allowing the good folk to stay in their chambers 'til midday, indulging in their pringles and rum and doing unmentionable things to themselves.

However, I trust you shall find this task to be quite the challenge in its enforcement.
    The people require their tat, who can honestly get by in this modern world without multiple phone covers and box sets of Mr Bear Ghrylls.
    The discounts on such furnishings are oft 5% less.

Good luck to you sir and good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

What a silly extreme idea.

The answer is blindingly obvious, burn the shop down later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

What a silly extreme idea.

The answer is blindingly obvious, burn the shop down later.

I blame Next and the retards who get up at 5am to buy shît Next couldn't sell any other time of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Yeah. I feel a bit sad for workers who work their asses off for Christmas and then are back to mayhem on the 26th. Big department shops should stay closed until the 28th. These used to be called new years sales

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I don't get it, Stephen's day is for going to the pub!

Thing is I need some new dresses so I'm going to be going sale shopping tomorrow so I get the best stuff.

The sh1t you need so much would still be there on the 27th if the shops stayed closed.

I'm not religious whatsoever- but i still indulge in every xmas tradition going and am thinking about my co-workers going to work tomorrow who were in on xmas eve!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Extinction

The sh1t you need so much would still be there on the 27th if the shops stayed closed.

I'm not religious whatsoever- but i still indulge in every xmas tradition going and am thinking about my co-workers going to work tomorrow who were in on xmas eve!

TV systems that break today will still be broken on the 27th but do you think the people who call me today want to wait until Thursday for it to be fixed? You might not like it but that's life in the retail/services business.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

xoxox

Yea, shame on some people possibly getting a chance to earn some overtime rate wages and take money in to ensure that any permanent employment prospects are better enhanced for the new year.

How dare they go into work so that they can try earning some money keep away the FG/Labour money robbers which will bleed us all dry for years to come!

How dare they!

P.S.
    A lot of them I suspect, are VERY damn happy that their employer will be there to be open in the future!

Advertisement