Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 3 - 27 Euro (in-Store)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I asked in a store this evening, even the warehouse is empty, any stock being sent out is for preorders, if anyone hears of any spares going in Dublin for PS3 please post here.

makes you avoid shopping there again. glad i ordered from amazon, its due tomorrow or friday hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

any sign of this coming back into stock at that price ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭budhabob

s8n wrote: »
    any sign of this coming back into stock at that price ??

I called into my local store yesterday and the warehouse didnt even seem to be getting stock. I went ahead and ordered online. bit more expensive but at least I'll get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Called into xtravision a few days ago and they said they were out of stock in every store in the country and they didn't seem to know when the next shipment would be in either.

Any word on when that might be?

It seems to be about €33 on the website now btw.

1ZRed wrote: »
    Called into xtravision a few days ago and they said they were out of stock in every store in the country and they didn't seem to know when the next shipment would be in either.

The staff don't even seem to know.
    Should start coming down in price online from other sources soon enough in any case.
    The effect of this shambles of out-of-stock situation is a negative perception of xtravision tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭budhabob

I picked this up online in the end (zavvi) for €32. I couldn't wait for a non existent date by xtra vision to stock it, just to save €6. BTW, its a brilliant game, and I've only played for a couple of hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Having a special offer on a game thats out of stock indefinitely is a sure fire way to piss off customers, myself included.

Maybe if Xtravision put more effort into sourcing games on offer with high demand from different suppliers and actually getting them in stock rather than filling there stores with birthday cards.

Most who wanted this game have already got it by handier means online, Amazon, Zavvi.

Then Xtravision why they are losing so much business. The mind boggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

They're in the exact same space as Blockbuster, and we know what happened to them yesterday. Interesting times.

Looked around online and the game seems to have gone up in all places, even as high as €55 in some cases - smyths ofc considering they're such a rip off anyway. I'm not sure if this was a timed deal or what but it's a bit annoying.

I'm going to head into HMV Tuesday to see if there's any chance of getting it amid the chaos.
    budhabob wrote: »
    I picked this up online in the end (zavvi) for €32. I couldn't wait for a non existent date by xtra vision to stock it, just to save €6. BTW, its a brilliant game, and I've only played for a couple of hours.

Gone up to €51 on PS3 now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

I'm going to head into HMV Tuesday to see if there's any chance of getting it amid the chaos.

Are they not closed?

• Advertisement

jenno86 wrote: »
    Are they not closed?

Tbh I don't know how that managed to allude me. Ahhh the day after Saturday night isn't for thinking it seems :D

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Fairly sure this game was on a special price for most retailers that should be ending roughly around now for a lot of them, especially brick and mortars. The game was €34.99 in Smyths from the 24th Dec and went back up roughly on the 18th Jan, can see it going up to a regular price fairly soon now.

Also most price drops on big games (from publishers like Ubi, EA and Activision) are arranged by the publisher to keep sales up, don't think the retailer is taking the hit themselves too often.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,109 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Fairly sure this game was on a special price for most retailers that should be ending roughly around now for a lot of them, especially brick and mortars. The game was €34.99 in Smyths from the 24th Dec and went back up roughly on the 18th Jan, can see it going up to a regular price fairly soon now.

Also most price drops on big games (from publishers like Ubi, EA and Activision) are arranged by the publisher to keep sales up, don't think the retailer is taking the hit themselves too often.

Smyths Sale ended on the 18th, the XTRAVISION offer was an invitation to treat, it was never really in stock anywhere, some people did manage to get it but most of us here were left empty handed.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

I called into Xtravision and they don't know when they'll have it back in stock. Not even a ballpark date. Not a good sign imo. I have gift cards I got at Xmas, and went in and spent them just in case. The stock levels seem to be low and a lot of buy 2 get 3rd free. Hmmmmmm......on the plus side I got 4 games for €70:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

Xtra vision staff have stated to me that this sale price was good for the month of Jan. At this stage ill bet they have all shops fully stocked by feb 1st and the price back to normal.

I was actually told that there was no sign of it coming in the short term, MAYBE mid February.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

On another note, big orders in retail aren't put in until after stock takes which are normally done this time of the year!

But yeah, it was a marketing ploy to get people into their shops, they need a better online presence (and a better website) anyway if they want to stay in the game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

This was a huge scam from Xtra....a total shambles, i went in FOUR times...once a week, no joy. To add insult Smyths and Gamestop had the game reduced but now its gone back up to full feckin price!

So while waiting on Xtra i got shafted all round......grrr!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,155 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

It's about €27 on PC from Amazon.com today if anyone's interested. You need a US address on your Amazon account, which buys you a Steam key.

$35 Standard Edition
    $45 Deluxe Edition

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

This was a huge scam from Xtra....a total shambles, i went in FOUR times...once a week, no joy. To add insult Smyths and Gamestop had the game reduced but now its gone back up to full feckin price!

So while waiting on Xtra i got shafted all round......grrr!

It was a sale, it all sold out. That's not a scam, thats unlucky you were not quick enough.

• Advertisement

The usual from the big companies, put on a sale and only have very limited supplies, and keep running it for a month. Same with Argos, Games half price, but only 3 to 5 in stock, how long are they gonna last??? a day or two... Pure advertising hype. Not good business practice. I thought something was brought in to make sure that if these companies advertise something on sale, they should have adequate supplies..not just 1 or two of sale items. Rant rant rant.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    It was a sale, it all sold out. That's not a scam, thats unlucky you were not quick enough.

:rolleyes:

Far Cry 3 €35 in Argos now, MOH warfighter €22.99 as well

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

Far Cry 3 €35 in Argos now, MOH warfighter €22.99 as well

It's €30 in Smyths if you can find a store with a copy. Check their website for stock info

Advertisement