Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 3 - 27 Euro (in-Store)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Mech1 wrote: »
    Just a headsup on this my son got farcry 3 ps3 game for christmas and its almost unplayable due to freezes, screen tearing etc. looks like the ps3 isnt powerful enough to run this game anyway smoothly.

google for farcry 3 screen tear.

3 of my friends have it on PS3 and they have had absolutely no complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭Mech1

Chavways wrote: »
    3 of my friends have it on PS3 and they have had absolutely no complaints.

Reading online that all platforms are having trouble running this game smoothly. just learnt that the freezes may be due to wireless internet disconnects so presently trying it with a wired connection.

He is using a launch version ps3 (ps2 backwards compatible) so its quite old and maybe graphics chip is overheating or something, but all other games play perfect.

If no better I will try it on a brand new ps3 slim that is presently only used for blueray and report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭matchthis

Is this price for a limited time? If so anyone know when it finishes?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Id imagine if everywhere is sold out, they should have it back by friday, delivery companies wont really be operating tomorrow but should be back in full operation come friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Not a fan of first person shooters, which is a shame as it looks great. Couldnt justify the €50 or €60 for it, but can justify €25. If I see it I'll get it, thanks for the heads up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭snalan

just spotted this on smyths site

Far Cry 3 Lost Expeditions Edition PS3 - was €54.99 now €34.99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

I got the regular version in Smyths for 34.99 a while ago. Traded in Black Ops 2 and it was a straight swap. I was extremely surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Glad I decided to go to Smyths on Christmas Eve after all.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Anywhere have this in stock today?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I tried one branch first thing on 26th and then ordered on amazon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭finno

stevenmu wrote: »
    Anywhere have this in stock today?

I saw some in the finglas store yesterday

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Dont expect quick delivery with this crowd but at least its available at a cheap price if your prepared to wait a little longer..
    http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/far-cry-3/10604769.html

• Registered Users Posts: 26,318 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Dont expect quick delivery with this crowd but at least its available at a cheap price if your prepared to wait a little longer..
    http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/far-cry-3/10604769.html

Well, you'd be mad to expect quick delivery from Guirnsey Island on a free delivery anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

Does any of the Xtra Visions in Dublin have this back in stock ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Xtra Vision in Castlebar have them advertised on the shelf for Xbox and PS3 at 26.98, but none in stock. :mad:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Just tried Rathmines, Rathgar, Sandymount and Kimmage. None have any copies. Kimmage had a load of boxes out on the shelf but none actually in stock, which kinda pissed me off. I didn't want to chance Finglas after that in case it was the same situation there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Rang them up earlier. They confirmed that nowhere in Dublin had any but they should be getting the game in again in most places but he can't confirm exactly when.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

noodler wrote: »
    Well, you'd be mad to expect quick delivery from Guirnsey Island on a free delivery anyway!
    Agreed..but i should have said i got roasted by this shower before..orderded Arkum Asylum at least 2 weeks before christmas last year..recieved it on the 9th of January..obviously bought it elsewhere and when i returned their copy.. they said they never recieved it..so i was out of pocket by €40 ..so they are even worse than xtravision lol

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I checked for this in Carlow yesterday. Out of stock (no surprise) - he said there might be new stock in on Thursday, but most likely Thursday week.

I had a look in Smyths in Dublin this morning too. Nearly every game in the top 20 is sold out (which seems remarkably short sighted by the managers there).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

They are on the shelves in shannon xtravision, but didnt ask if they actually had them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

phill106 wrote: »
    They are on the shelves in shannon xtravision, but didnt ask if they actually had them

There not in stock in shannon was told maybe sometime this week , sold out since Christmas Eve, advertising something for sale while its not even in stock at the start of the sale is complete BS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

i got it yesterday in ken blacks wexford for €35. they had it in stock for the ps3 and 360 so it might be worth a look if there's one close by. it's a waste of time trying xtra vision at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭snalan

tried xtravision and smyths, out of stock everywhere, bought it off amazon for £23,
    it is now £24.97 PlayStation 3 and £22.49 Xbox 360 just add something else for free delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭ozypozy

snalan wrote: »
    tried xtravision and smyths, out of stock everywhere, bought it off amazon for £23,
    it is now £24.97 PlayStation 3 and £22.49 Xbox 360 just add something else for free delivery

Just bought it on Amazon for PS3 but didn't have to pay delivery as the price was strangely £25.60 at the checkout, even though it was £24.97 on the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Mr E wrote: »
    Thanks... that's a cracking price. :o
    I paid 36 in super valu =[
    Seriously would reccomend , it's a fantastic game

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nanoc

ozypozy wrote: »
    Just bought it on Amazon for PS3 but didn't have to pay delivery as the price was strangely £25.60 at the checkout, even though it was £24.97 on the page.

That's the VAT difference between UK and IRL, used to confuse me for a while as I buy a bit from Amazon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Squ

Mech1 wrote:
    He is using a launch version ps3 (ps2 backwards compatible).
    No probs on mine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

snalan wrote: »

Any update on if xtra vision getting stock back in today??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭budhabob

Any update on if xtra vision getting stock back in today??

I checked a few different xtra visions for this deal over the break, and they seemed to think that Thursday would be the day they might be receiving a delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,105 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I asked in a store this evening, even the warehouse is empty, any stock being sent out is for preorders, if anyone hears of any spares going in Dublin for PS3 please post here.

Advertisement