Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 3 - 27 Euro (in-Store)

Options
  • 23-12-2012 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭

Far Cry 3 in Xtravision for 27 Euro from Dec 26th, PS3 and Xbox 360

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Console?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Mr E wrote: »
    Console?

Sorry, fixed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Thanks... that's a cracking price. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

It is also £22.49 on the game website at the minute. Think they charge for delivery to Ireland though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,106 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

mystic86 wrote: »
    Far Cry 3 in Xtravision for 27 Euro from Dec 26th, PS3 and Xbox 360

Thanks for this, I nearly reserved on in Argos for €50.99. Great price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Cheers for the heads-up, I wanted it for Christmas but it is either sold out of close to €60 in the shops that have it, so I'll wait until Stephen's Day for it now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Eh, can you verify this? I was directed here from another thread because I walked around town looking for this for my brother.

Went into Xtravision and they, along with HMV and Gamestop, were sold out.

So, are they witholding stock that they could apparently easily shift before Christmas in the hopes of selling it at a reduced price afterwards? Or is there a special Christmas day delivery to their stores happening?

Sorry, i just find it hard to believe. I'd wait, if I didn't think my brother might be extremely miffed if this turned out to be false and he ended up with no game on the 26th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Eh, can you verify this? I was directed here from another thread because I walked around town looking for this for my brother.

So, are they witholding stock that they could apparently easily shift before Christmas in the hopes of selling it at a reduced price afterwards? Or is there a special Christmas day delivery to their stores happening?

Sorry, i just find it hard to believe. I'd wait, if I didn't think my brother might be extremely miffed if this turned out to be false and he ended up with no game on the 26th.

jesus, demanding aren't ya! What do you want me to provide proof of, the price or if the shops will have stock levels (it seems from your post it's the latter you are looking for!)

The price is advertised in today's Sunday World.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

DirkVoodoo wrote: »

Simple, just reserve one with Argos as a backup

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

It is £22.49 on amazon now as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭matchthis

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Nwm2

Where is the cheapest place to get this for PC? It's a £25.49 download at Games Planet. Anywhere cheaper?

Going to pick this up today, should go perfectly with turkey sandwiches!

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

I got this as an Xmas pressie for my other half on Xmas eve in xtravision for €27.50 :D bargain but I got the last one that day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

They haven't even received their stock of it yet. There's a computer system error.

False advertising at it's best.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 JustinTables

Thanks OP just picked one up there.

Went to Sallynoggin one and although they had about 5 or 6 boxes on the shelf they were out of stock. They rang and reserved the last copy in Blackrock for me. Think that was pretty much the last one around anywhere.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Nwm2 wrote: »
    Where is the cheapest place to get this for PC? It's a £25.49 download at Games Planet. Anywhere cheaper?
    Well it was €12.50 on the Steam sale but it's gone back to €24.99. You'll need to keep an eye on it to see if it goes down.
    Word of warning: It's 30GB so you'd need a good Internet connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

They dont have it in tha Parkway, Limerick even thought theres signs up in the store advertising it for 27 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Chavways wrote: »
    They dont have it in tha Parkway, Limerick even thought theres signs up in the store advertising it for 27 euro
    Donagmede just said out of stock everywhere

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Is it the regular edition or the one with the 2 dlc extras?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

ixoy wrote: »
    Well it was €12.50 on the Steam sale but it's gone back to €24.99. You'll need to keep an eye on it to see if it goes down.
    Word of warning: It's 30GB so you'd need a good Internet connection.

No it wasn't! You are thinking of Max Payne 3, I'd say. That's a good 30 gig and was within the price ranges you mentioned.

No stock in the three Xtra-vision stores I tried. Gonna order it from Amazon instead. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

They haven't even received their stock of it yet. There's a computer system error.

False advertising at it's best.

If it's an error then it's not false advertising. If they are gonna sell it at the price, it's not false advertising.

If it's an error then it's not false advertising. If they are gonna sell it at the price, it's not false advertising.

By advertising a date upon which the offer becomes active: and not fulfilling said advertisement it is false advertisement. Is it that hard to comprehend?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

blaa85 wrote: »
    No it wasn't! You are thinking of Max Payne 3, I'd say. That's a good 30 gig and was within the price ranges you mentioned.
    Shame on me - you're right :o I got Far Cry 3 for Christmas and bought Max Payne 3 in the sale and got them mixed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

By advertising a date upon which the offer becomes active: and not fulfilling said advertisement it is false advertisement. Is it that hard to comprehend?

I got one half price in xtravision finglas

• Registered Users Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭Mech1

Just a headsup on this my son got farcry 3 ps3 game for christmas and its almost unplayable due to freezes, screen tearing etc. looks like the ps3 isnt powerful enough to run this game anyway smoothly.

google for farcry 3 screen tear.

collegeme wrote: »
    I got one half price in xtravision finglas

Fair play then. That stores advertisement was spot on.

Advertising something that's not in store is false advertising. I can't believe something so simple is hard for people to comprehend. I'll put it down to too much eggnog :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Sold out across Dublin :(

Advertisement