Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off topic golf thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

And to you space.
    Hope 2020 brings you cuts and high praise for the society outings.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Happy Chrismas all, and prayers to the golfing gods. May they bless your game with birdies galore.

Anyone get any golf gifts? Got a small chipping net from my brother in law, so will give that a shot once i'm home.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

got a few gloves, balls and a day in the Carton academy
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Didnt get a lot of golf stuff myself this year. Main golf gift was one of those Acu-Strike golf mats.

A much cheaper way of getting some strike feedback than a launch monitor :D

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭newindublin

Plastic tees(meh, its the thought..), a base layer from galvin green, cold weather gloves, cold weather socks and a couple of gift certs to defray the cost of a new cart. I was happy with the haul!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

Didnt get a lot of golf stuff myself this year. Main golf gift was one of those Acu-Strike golf mats.

A much cheaper way of getting some strike feedback than a launch monitor :D

Where can I get one of those Space ?

Golfhead65 wrote: »
    Where can I get one of those Space ?

Will try find out for you, got it in a Kris Kindle. Think it was likely bought online

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭fourmations

my MIL got me in our kris kindle
    and she got me two lessons, woot!

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

**** golf gifts for me this year from the in laws.

toilet golf putting mat
    a golf quiz game
    plastic golf balls

Went to the range tonight and figured out one of the things i've been doing really wrong. Helped me strike my irons really well for a good 30 minutes.

Can't wait to go to the course and it hasn't helped at all :pac:

• Advertisement

Went back to my older clubs today, after finding out they were actually newer then my current ones. Was using Cobra S3 Pro blades, and going to try the Taylormade Aero Burners tomorrow. Was absolutely smashing them on the range tonight, and was definitely getting better distance with them.

Also got a loan of an M4. God damn that's fun to hit, and so much more forgiving then my Ping G5...though that's not so surprising with a 15 year old driver.

Going to try sneak in a round tomorrow and test them both. Really curios to see how they perform.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,034 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Can anyone recommend a good online thesaurus?

Hoping to post on the McIlroy thread later and want to try to impress everyone with my perspicacity and erudite use of the vernacular.

For people interested in tracking the covid19 spread around the world, this is a good site (good may not be the most way to describe it)

https://www.covidvisualizer.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

For people interested in tracking the covid19 spread around the world, this is a good site (good may not be the most way to describe it)

https://www.covidvisualizer.com

It is also hugely misleading as it has Ireland only having 5 'survivors'

I am a data guy....and data storing on this is so inconsistent and practices so inconsistent that there is no definitive measures out there

There are so many people who have had this thing and dont even know they have had it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭Glebee

All of this Covid 19 stuff would depess the hell out of ye...:(:(:(

Just found out McGuirks have a finance option, and i've got an entire cart full of stuff i can't really afford. I need a new set of irons, woods, driver, bag, cart, pro-v1's, umbrella and a bunch of clothes....right?

Kiith wrote: »
    Just found out McGuirks have a finance option, and i've got an entire cart full of stuff i can't really afford. I need a new set of irons, woods, driver, bag, cart, pro-v1's, umbrella and a bunch of clothes....right?

Dont do it.... Youll drive yourself cracked not being able to use them.

They'd take a few weeks to arrive though...just in time for when we go back :)

Ah but i think i'll be sensible and only order the woods and wedges. And the bag...and trolley :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Good God don't change that Driver dude

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement

Im on the hunt for a hybrid and a cheap elec trolley..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Glebee wrote: »
    Im on the hunt for a hybrid and a cheap elec trolley..
    I got one of these a couple of months ago. Via eBay, but direct from the manufacturers. You can buy from their website too, but for some strange reason they add VAT if you buy from there. They're manufacturer refurbished and come with a brand new 18 hole lithium battery, which from my experience last well past the longest 18 holes you could play.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭jamfer

Kiith wrote: »

There will be the mother and father of a clamur for sales as the quarters pass, Q1 was bad, Q2 will be terrible. Bide your time, be patient, as sai already, why spend big and take on payments for items that you cannot use. Wait till you can, and then wait for the flurry of pent up spend to happen. Then go in, in person and bargain.

I’m going to try and bring this thread back off topic where it should be.
    I washed my car at the weekend, cut the hedge, done the weeding, dug up a tree. The kids are baking cakes now while they should be in school.
    What are you doing in your time off now we can’t do anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

I think everyone has done something they have been putting on the long finger during this period, I've painted she'd, fencing and all the outside plints and surroundings of house (window sills) etc.Ive also installed a CCTV system at my house outside, something I do for a living but never got around to it at home so that's up and running now..2 trips to the ballymount dump to get rid of half a shed load of rubbish.if I'm asked to do any DIY when golf is back she will have to pay someone to do it as I'm done..

Playing a bunch of games when i should be working, bought a digital piano to finally try and learn it (which i've wanted to do for a long, long time), and trying to get as fit as i can while cutting out some junk food. They closed the woods i used to run in, so stuck running on the road or along the canal, but better then nothing.

Sounds like we have all taken on similar tasks. CAnt paint the sills yet as need to get some primer when shops open.
    Also trying to learn the guitar.
    Dug a big hole in the garden today. Filled it with stones then put the grass back over it. Hopefully it will drain a bit better in future.
    Tomorrow I’m actually just going to do no jobs except clean up after today (I’m only finished). Will spend the bulk of the day actually doing what I get paid to!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

Seve OB wrote: »
    I’m going to try and bring this thread back off topic where it should be.
    I washed my car at the weekend, cut the hedge, done the weeding, dug up a tree. The kids are baking cakes now while they should be in school.
    What are you doing in your time off now we can’t do anything?

Something similar went out the back to to hit a few practice chips, thought the grass a little long so decided to cut my lawn, cut my neighbours lawn (rented usually cut by the estate maintainece guys) and cut the public green area near my house. Egded my lawn and gave the garden a nice tidy up. After roughly 3hrs in the garden went back down for my few practice chips and proceed to blade the first one in my back window.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

Seve OB wrote: »
    Dug a big hole in the garden today. Filled it with stones then put the grass back over it. Hopefully it will drain a bit better in future.
    How bigs the garden if it's not to big one option to get a drill with a long 25mm drill bit (500mm + long) sink holes in a grid at say 500mm x 500mm and brush in some fine gravel or coarse sand in to the holes. This will allow the water drain through the impermeable top layer to the subsoil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

kieran. wrote: »
    How bigs the garden if it's not to big one option to get a drill with a long 25mm drill bit (500mm + long) sink holes in a grid at say 500mm x 500mm and brush in some fine gravel or coarse sand in to the holes. This will allow the water drain through the impermeable top layer to the subsoil.
    That's too deep really. Normally, slitting (for the same reason) is done to about nine or ten inches.

Advertisement