Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off topic golf thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,877 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

charlieIRL wrote: »
    ahh will ya go away, they are bad enough with Pardew!!

Sure they haven't had him for the last 7 games :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

ForeRight wrote: »
    Can't see it to be honest.
    Wouldn't be surprised if mourinho took it though.

It's van gal for now though. 100%

Is that you saying 100% or fact? I haven't seen anything? Personally I think he will be too late coming in unless he starts behind the scenes before the World Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

etxp wrote: »
    Is that you saying 100% or fact? I haven't seen anything? Personally I think he will be too late coming in unless he starts behind the scenes before the World Cup.

That's what is going to happen according to the same lads who broke the Fergie retirement news and and the moyes news.
    They say van gal is in talks now, wants it and has 2 months before the transfer window to identify transfer targets before coming after the World Cup.

I'm not sure how I feel but having read up a good bit about his history last night if be a little more optimistic.
    He is widely credited in starting the barca revolution back in 02 and the Bayern one a few years later. He didn't have the success the guys who came I to those roles after him did but it seems he brought all the young players through and set up great systems for that.
    Maybe that will be good for stabilising utd before hopefully a long term manager comes in in 2-3 years time.

I can't think of a half decent player who has come through the utd youth set up in the last decade?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I'm doing a Dunphy on it and a quick change of heart.
    Van Gal is great :)
    Hadn't realised he had put the foundations into those clubs tbh and I was concerned he was a club/country hopper. But the reports seem very positive.

Welbeck and Evans are the only real youth Foreright.
    Let's not count sideways/cleverly.

If you were making a real desperate case for the youth development, you could throw in Pogba and Ravel.

PARlance wrote: »
    I'm doing a Dunphy on it and a quick change of heart.
    Van Gal is great :)
    Hadn't realised he had put the foundations into those clubs tbh and I was concerned he was a club/country hopper. But the reports seem very positive.

Welbeck and Evans are the only real youth Foreright.
    Let's not count sideways/cleverly.

If you were making a real desperate case for the youth development, you could throw in Pogba and Ravel.

Welbeck and Evans wouldn't be top level players IMO. Not in the mould of what came before them in youth development when you look at Neville, giggs, scholes, Beckham etc

I know Morrison is from Manchester and was scouted young but I'm pretty sure pogba was parachuted in well into his late teens. Wasn't there about tapping up controversy about him signing?

• Advertisement

Welbeck and Evans wouldn't be top level players IMO. Not in the mould of what came before them in youth development when you look at Neville, giggs, scholes, Beckham etc

I know Morrison is from Manchester and was scouted young but I'm pretty sure pogba was parachuted in well into his late teens. Wasn't there about tapping up controversy about him signing?

Think you're right about Pogba, he still had 2-3 years with the youths afaik.

I'm not defending it by the way, it's way below par.
    That golden generation is a high bar though, it would be a miracle to repeat that. Even Barca didn't get a burst of players from one group - all the way through and directly into the senior team.
    But somewhere in between is badly needed.
    Fergie took his eye of the ball there and on scouting from reports.

Welbeck & Evans aren't world class but both have shown signs, in recent years, of deserving to wear the jersey. I'd be in favour of a summer clear out and neither would be on my wish list for the door.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

excellent thunder storm here in tullamore!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Only slightly off topic but does anyone else have difficulty sleeping the night before a round if your playing early. Teeing off at 8 and I've been awake since 4 and only went to bed at 1 due to working late

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Macker1

scrubber72 wrote: »
    Only slightly off topic but does anyone else have difficulty sleeping the night before a round if your playing early. Teeing off at 8 and I've been awake since 4 and only went to bed at 1 due to working late

There is no need to be that nervous before playing that it affects sleeping.
    Ballykisteen is weeks away :D:D:D

On kidding buddy. I've never had it affect like that but I know when I used to work night shift my sleeping pattern was all over the shop and having trouble sleeping before being up early in the morning used to be a common occurrence.

Getting to sleep is my problem :(
    Nodded off at half 3 last night and up since 7.
    3.5 hours isn't enough.... Not golf related though, just a terrible sleeper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

Yeah I've been there a few times alright. Nervous energy or anxiety I believe. Keeps the brain from switching off. Worst thing to do is try fight it coz you'll end up staring at the ceiling all night willing to sleep but that brain activity keeps you awake. Vicious circle.

Read a book or watch the box. This usually helps me. I get all my gear ready for a big round the night before. Have a few swings in kitchen. Have a few putts. Do some stretches and ill have an Epsom Salt bath. Out like a baby ill be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Let's keep this thread off topic guys! Cheers! Set up a new thread if you wish!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Hungover like never before. Only just managed to eat an flake, progress!

Phew. Normal service returns at OT.

Phew. Normal service returns at OT.

Spoke to soon.

Amanda Holden

Durty!!!

Quiet in here today.....

She's even doing a bit of a Daniel Sturridge celebration

Walk on........

Hey StevieOB gives is a wave!!!!!!

Got what we deserved. Black Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 20,823 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Perfect from Chelsea.

Squad and fatigue showing.

You know the squad is an issue when Aspas comes on.

• Advertisement

Squad and fatigue showing.

It's been a long year for those in the Champions league alright but I didn't think the Chelsea reserves looked that tired.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Dealerz

It's the what ifs and could've beens over the last 24 years that kills ye*

*c'mon the toffees!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,823 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

PARlance wrote: »
    It's been a long year for those in the Champions league alright but I didn't think the Chelsea reserves looked that tired.

Yes - I guess that is the point. Liverpool don't have reserves - never mind a team.
    Many of the lads looking a bit wrecked.
    Suarez
    Couthino
    Sturidge looked injured as he is

Hopefully city slip up.

But perfect by Jose.

Ya gotta love mourinho!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

etxp wrote: »
    Ya gotta love mourinho!

In fact I despise the man and everything he stands for. Most managers have bad traits but he has them all to the nth degree.

Most recent of these to be highlighted again is his hypocrisy. He accuses West Ham of 19th century football and then plays like he does in Europe and again today. He has added nothing good to the game IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

alxmorgan wrote: »
    In fact I despise the man and everything he stands for. Most managers have bad traits but he has them all to the nth degree.

Most recent of these to be highlighted again is his hypocrisy. He accuses West Ham of 19th century football and then plays like he does in Europe and again today. He has added nothing good to the game IMO.

He has added entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

Jimdagym wrote: »
    He has added entertainment.

He started out entertaining but he lost his way. Accusing the ambulance service of negligence during the Cech issue for example is not entertainment - it's much darker than that.

He is a master of the dark arts and the only reason he is back in England is that the Italian and Spanish press wouldn't let him get away with the same stuff he does now. Far too easy a ride cause he sells papers.

alxmorgan wrote: »

He has brought us the tightest title race in a long time. Once he got the better of liverpool tactically they had nothing.

Did anyone see what dani alves just did in the barca game????

Funniest thing I've seen in a long time.... Not including aspas corner with 30sec to go earlier though.

Anyway alves was taking a corner when a fan threw a banana at him. He picked it up, peeled it, ate it and whipped in the corner!!!!!

Legend.
    Eat racism out of football

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Did anyone see what dani alves just did in the barca game????

Funniest thing I've seen in a long time.... Not including aspas corner with 30sec to go earlier though.

Anyway alves was taking a corner when a fan threw a banana at him. He picked it up, peeled it, ate it and whipped in the corner!!!!!

Legend.
    Eat racism out of football

That is absolutely class!!!

Advertisement