Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off topic golf thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Jimdagym wrote: »
    And tommy Bowe.
    Spitefully wishing for losses just throws me back to the Steve Staunton witch hunt. It's sports fandom at its worst. (Hooliganism aside, obviously).

Apologies I forgot bowe completely!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

And tommy Bowe.
    Spitefully wishing for losses just throws me back to the Steve Staunton witch hunt. It's sports fandom at its worst. (Hooliganism aside, obviously).

Irish sports in general I think, the following managers have had torrid times after leaving their posts:
    1. Eddie O Sullivan - Best win percentage of any Irish coach ever
    2. Declan Kidney - Is going to find it very hard to get work
    3. Stan - As mentioned above(good guy but poor coach of Ireland)
    4. Brian Kerr - Most successful underage Irish coach of all time, career in ruins now.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Jazzzman

ssbob wrote: »
    Irish sports in general I think, the following managers have had torrid times after leaving their posts:
    1. Eddie O Sullivan - Best win percentage of any Irish coach ever
    2. Declan Kidney - Is going to find it very hard to get work
    3. Stan - As mentioned above(good guy but poor coach of Ireland)
    4. Brian Kerr - Most successful underage Irish coach of all time, career in ruins now.

Eddie found his level in the US.
    Kidney should pick up a decent job.
    Stan is a disaster zone.
    Kerr is terrible - go back to underage level cause that's all he's cut out for.

Gatland the hero

Brian who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Told wife we would spend day at beach today. Too cloudy she says...... Now stuck in clothes shopping with her........:-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Anybody playing " The last of us" on ps3? Awesome game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Quickelles

And tommy Bowe.

I'm gutted :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

etxp wrote: »
    Anybody playing " The last of us" on ps3? Awesome game.

Got it there last week in xtravision for 4.99 on a trade in with a couple of old ds games I had lying around(don't know how they plan on selling them)
    Haven't got around to playing yet but the reviews are good. Must give it a bash some day during the week.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

you know the lay-by's on a motorway? Well on the one between Athlone and Moate (M6) the is an ironing board on the path of the lay-by. Just standing there as if waiting for someone to pull over and start ironing!!
    Mad Ted, mad!!

charlieIRL wrote: »
    you know the lay-by's on a motorway? Well on the one between Athlone and Moate (M6) the is an ironing board on the path of the lay-by. Just standing there as if waiting for someone to pull over and start ironing!!
    Mad Ted, mad!!

Ha thats hilarious!! You'd know the lay-bys alright I reckon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Arsenium

Just been on the Danish gilfing union site looking for updates on the European amateur team event and saw this image. Broken Driver shafts this way...broken elbows...that way !!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,112 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Mad Ted, mad!!

You mean to say you're not familiar with Extreme Ironing??? :)

http://m.guardian.co.uk/news/blog/2011/apr/18/extreme-ironing-m1-motorway-closure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

ajcurry123 wrote: »
    You mean to say you're not familiar with Extreme Ironing??? :)

http://m.guardian.co.uk/news/blog/2011/apr/18/extreme-ironing-m1-motorway-closure

This I fooking brilliant!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Ha thats hilarious!! You'd know the lay-bys alright I reckon!

I know all the motorways with all the driving I have to do to play golf!!:P

I know all the motorways with all the driving I have to do to play golf!!:P

You and I both kid!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Any holiday plans folks? I'm halfway through a month in Florida and gagging for a game, only golfing upside is the golf channel over here is excellent, plenty of variety and golf shows from early morning, golf gear not that cheap in the mainstream shops, you have to surf for the good deals.
    99degrees today, just not possible to do much in that heat.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

slave1 wrote: »
    Any holiday plans folks? I'm halfway through a month in Florida and gagging for a game, only golfing upside is the golf channel over here is excellent, plenty of variety and golf shows from early morning, golf gear not that cheap in the mainstream shops, you have to surf for the good deals.
    99degrees today, just not possible to do much in that heat.

Hi Slave1

I am in Florida for the rest of the Summer, just played Lake Nona a few days ago, shame i did not see you post before as we had an extra spot.

I am going to be playing the Bears Club next week, not sure if there is a spot or not but if there is are you interested?

J

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Hi Slave1

I am in Florida for the rest of the Summer, just played Lake Nona a few days ago, shame i did not see you post before as we had an extra spot.

I am going to be playing the Bears Club next week, not sure if there is a spot or not but if there is are you interested?

J

Did you dine in nona blue (gmac's place)?
    I'll have to have dinner there whenever I make it over :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Hi Slave1

J

Thanks for the offer, I actually drove by Nona last Thursday, next to MCO airport if I recall, this is a family holiday so golf off the agenda, left my clubs at home and am Mr Taxi to shopping malls and the parks, trip to Jupiter would be too far to get away with :(

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Hi Slave1

J
    Living the life J!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Living the life J!

Sounds better than it is, I am over working for a month and brought the family with me this time. Kids are really loving it, weather is hot and clammy but not too bad.

Have manages to get a little golf in but I really do suffer with the heat, even with lots of liquid I have a banging headache by the turn, someone recommended salt tablets which I might try.

Lots of pressure to sell but it is nice to be here and have the weather and some golf on outstanding courses.

J

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

Sounds better than it is, I am over working for a month and brought the family with me this time. Kids are really loving it, weather is hot and clammy but not too bad.

Have manages to get a little golf in but I really do suffer with the heat, even with lots of liquid I have a banging headache by the turn, someone recommended salt tablets which I might try.

Lots of pressure to sell but it is nice to be here and have the weather and some golf on outstanding courses.

J
    Never heard of this, does it work?
    Suffer from them myself, but was them putting down to hunger and no sunglasses, neither of which transpired to be..

I think what people forget to do especially in the heat is to eat and drink from about the 2nd/3rd hole on as even though you don't feel hungry/thristy you need to take on the food/drink as it takes time to get into your system.

I think what people forget to do especially in the heat is to eat and drink from about the 2nd/3rd hole on as even though you don't feel hungry/thristy you need to take on the food/drink as it takes time to get into your system.

Also what people also forget is that when you get thirsty it's probably to late to hydrate for the rest of your round. In warm weather it's important to be hydrating from the day before if going out in the sun for long periods the next day.

2-3 litres of water a day is what they say.

There is no point in throwing a 2 litre bottle of water into your golf bag and starting to drink it on the course. It's too late.

20 mins remaining of the best worst film ever made.
    Skyfy (Channel 114)
    Sharknado
    Enough Said

20 mins remaining of the best worst film ever made.
    Skyfy (Channel 114)
    Sharknado
    Enough Said

Watching this. It's truly horrendous and Tara Reid hasn't even got her bangers out yet!!!!

ForeRight wrote: »
    Watching this. It's truly horrendous and Tara Reid hasn't even got her bangers out yet!!!!

She'll surely strip down and skinny dip in the sea once all these sharks are gone

She'll surely strip down and skinny dip in the sea once all these sharks are gone

*grabs tissue*

ForeRight wrote: »
    *grabs tissue*

Already holding tight

• Advertisement

He is inside the shark lolololololol

Advertisement