Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Saturday Night: Winds rapidly increasing with extreme gusts to 70kts+

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

mayfly757 wrote: »
    United got in Not bad after a 8 hour flt
    Here comes FedEx now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Now to get fedex down...he is well travelled!!
    233711.png

Edit: Its finally down and wind has appeared to have died down.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭monster1

I spotted trees down my way home tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Dying done here now(north east)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Definitely a bit quieter in portmarnock over the last 20 mins. I thought the roof was going to come off there for a minute!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Woke up here with all the noise, very stormy here in Donegal. Awful night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

yeah it's gotten very rough in donegal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,881 ✭✭✭pauldry

hurray weather at last

Happy Christmas everybody.

What a present

Gusts over 70knots are near hurricane force.

Hope that theres utter devastation tomorrow..

Not really. Winds in Sligo now 56knots. Highest since January 3rd I think.

Main headline on rte radio 1 news was the weather and Galway was mentioned bigtime

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Internal weather warning in DUB airport issued at 0104 last night gave SW 35-40KTS Gusting 55-60KTS... I didn't think that was expected. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭terenc

Securing my Xmas decorations before they ended up in the next County.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

West Limerick was nice and windy last night for a period around midnight.

Winds picked up rapidly at around 2300 with some strong gusts in the following hour or so.

Not sure what time winds started easing but don't recall anything much at approx 0200.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,028 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Road littered with debris from trees in Donegal this morning, plus plenty of driving rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭smallwonder

Wind gusts at Carrickfinn airport of 50knots recorded at 5.30am

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭beco

Trampoline has ended up in the apple tree in Killiney!!!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Little bit of damage to our garage roof with a few slates after coming off - we are lucky the winds were not sustained for a longer period of time. It seemed to have died down here in North Tipperary around 2AM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Darwin

In my part of the world there was a constant roar of wind but the evidence outside points to nothing out of the ordinary (wheelie bins haven't budged and no signs of broken branches etc). The early hours of Thursday morning looks to be the next wind event...

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭RoisinD

Many thanks for the heads up on this one. Was a bit surreal in that the winds were howling but the air was warm. Winds were picking up from about 9.00pm with the peak at around 1.30am. Strongest gusts were over 130km. Have been out this morning but no obvious damage in the immediate area. I have heard there are trees down in places with some homes without power but hopefully that will soon be rectified.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Doesn't seem to be any damage around here this morning. Will have to take a drive around later.

Goes to show you should always listen to old people. An old woman randomly stopped me yesterday in Galway to tell me there was a storm coming, I didn't pay much attention because it wasn't getting much coverage on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Doesn't seem to be any damage around here this morning. Will have to take a drive around later.

Goes to show you should always listen to old people. An old woman randomly stopped me yesterday in Galway to tell me there was a storm coming, I didn't pay much attention because it wasn't getting much coverage on here.
    This one snuck up on me too !!! 'twas great craic coming home from the pub though :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭Storm 10

move along please. Nothing happening here. Very calm here. Another FALSE
    alarm. Just pure Atlantic muck here. Rain and very mild 13c

snaps has gone very quite since he posted the above last night, maybe he got blown away or is in shock :D

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

I was woke around 5am here in Derry with howling wind and torrential/driving rain. Lasted for 30 seconds... until I fell asleep again lol

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

Having a what...

Sorry was so distracted by the wind didn't check my typing - was having a fag at the back door

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

This mornings Westport-Dublin train hit a tree which had fallen on the line about half way between Castlebar and Westport. The train was damaged and after some delays continued to Athlone at a reduced speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Think its fair to say Met Eireann were on the ball with this one. They had damaging gusts forecasted a few days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Pangea wrote: »
    Think its fair to say Met Eireann were on the ball with this one. They had damaging gusts forecasted a few days ago.

This.

Lots of people saying this "snuck up".....Met Eireann called 120-130km/h gusts several days ago. Just shows how little trust is given towards ME sometimes!

Merry Christmas to everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

99 km/h recorded @2:30am last night by my weather station @ Mayo/Roscommon border. Some damage around, but nothing serious tbh. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭Totofan99

We had two trees down locally here in East Galway, and also part of a shed blown across the road. One of the trees was ours so we had to go out last night at about 3am and clear it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement