Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This Is The End (2013)

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I enjoyed it...more so until they start to
    explore outside the house
    but the whole film I couldn't stop thinking to myself....'stop being such a moany bitch Hiccup'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭poundapunnet

weemcd wrote: »
    This film has it's moments, no doubt about it. But it is far too indulgent, alot of scenes should have been reigned in. Whole film could have done with being at least half an hour shorter, would have helped with better pacing.

Yeah, that's been a problem for Rogen and Goldberg the whole way through, even in Superbad. You get the idea they don't hear the word "no" very often. Also my god but they need to learn how to write an ending that isn't completely weird, this upped the ante from Pineapple Express.

I really enjoyed this film though, even on second and third viewings I find it very very funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,278 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Really enjoyed this. Laughed a lot more than I did at The World's End, which I didn't think would happen before both came out. A few bits definitely went on too long, and it did go a bit unnecessarily crazy at the end, but overall I thought it was great.

Jonah Hill stole the show for me. His bits with
    the gun and the exorcism
    were hilarious. Michael Cera was great too, almost would have preferred him in the house with them instead of Danny McBride
    (though still have McBride show up as the cannibal leader at the end)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Penn wrote: »
    Really enjoyed this. Laughed a lot more than I did at The World's End, which I didn't think would happen before both came out. A few bits definitely went on too long, and it did go a bit unnecessarily crazy at the end, but overall I thought it was great.

the gun and the exorcism
    were hilarious. Michael Cera was great too, almost would have preferred him in the house with them instead of Danny McBride
    pow pow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭upstairs for coffee

the gun and the exorcism
    I thought the McBride and Franco realtionship was the best thing about a very limited/repetitive movie.

McBride "cumming" was hilarious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,278 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I thought the McBride and Franco realtionship was the best thing about a very limited/repetitive movie.

McBride "cumming" was hilarious

That was a bit I thought went on too long tbh, to the point McBride even kind of started to repeat himself

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭upstairs for coffee

That was a bit I thought went on too long tbh, to the point McBride even kind of started to repeat himself

True he repeats himself toward the end but it still makes me laugh

Just turned this off after 10 minutes. I realize this has been well received but I really can't stand all these fùcking people in the same movie.

If only there was a way you could've known beforehand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭MakeEmLaugh

In anticipation of The Interview (which I have not yet seen) I watched This is the End for the first time. Yes, the premise was indulgent, but I felt it better to make a film like this - with several stars playing themselves - at this point in their career, rather than ten years down the line, when it would seem more like a desperate bid to rekindle failing livelihoods

Danny McBride was the funniest thing about it. His (in all probability improvised) argument with James Franco over masturbation etiquette was hilarious.

Advertisement