Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This Is The End (2013)

Options
  • 22-07-2012 4:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Apocalypse_(2013_film)

This is already my "One to Watch" for 2013.

Interesting story idea in which all the actors and celebrities who star in it will play themselves, facing the end of the world. I'll post updates as they become available...
    The film takes place during and after a massive celebrity-filled party at James Franco’s house. Sadly, not all the celebrities pictured here will survive the attack on Earth. The film’s plot will follow Rogen, Baruchel and a few others who survive the apocalypse and figure out what to do next. Co-stars James Franco, Jonah Hill, Michael Cera, Paul Rudd, Jay Baruchel and Jason Segel, the film has also brought along Rihanna, Emma Watson and Aziz Ansari along for the fun.

end-feat.jpg

end-2.jpg

end-3.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Pretty amazed that Apatow isn't involved..!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Seems interesting, and for once Rogan can't be given out to for playing himself!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,778 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Have to say... this doesn't look too bad!

Always good to see some self-deprecating humour from some well-known Hollywood comedic faces.

While attending a party at James Franco's house, Seth Rogen, Jay Baruchel and many other celebrities are faced with the apocalypse.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

New trailer out & it looks pretty damn funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Hermione just stole all our ****:D:D:D:D

must say it looks pretty good, much better than what i thought,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,670 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Someone should put kick-ass Emma Watson in her own movie and thereby solve the dilemma discussed on the other thread about Female Leads in Hollywood Films. :D

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 85,279 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Well.. they've put the best comedy actors of the last decade in one ensemble movie. Colour me very excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I was more excited until I watched the trailer. Now I have basically seen the entire movie!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,670 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Nice try, but April Fools was yesterday.

This is a fake trailer, right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,778 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Nice try, but April Fools was yesterday.
    And my original post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

This looks great, aliens, hollywood in flames and drugs.

Funniest guys in one room - am looking forward to this a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,279 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Looks to be out here on the 28th of June

• Registered Users Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

It's really good, don't watch that trailer if you haven't already though, ruins a lot of things that had me in stitches in the cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Michael Sera takes the piss out of himself very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Sounds a tad bit like Edgar Wright’s new one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Looks like absolute dirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

If you like these guys you will like this film. I generally like their movies and enjoyed this.
    If you don't like Seth rogan/Jonah hill etc stay away.

Leave your brain outside before watching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Ugh I hate Seth Rogan

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Its getting good reviews for a comedy film. It will be excellent for what it is essentially.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 GabbyJay

I like Seth Rogen, Jonah Hill et al, but in the trailer McBride steals the show

• Registered Users Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

It got more laughs out of me than any comedy in the cinema before. I think it suffers slightly in the fact that the first act is incredible and after that it's only good but there are some fantastic moments in it. It helped that I'd only seen tv spots though and didn't watch that trailer before it as it really does ruin some great parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,832 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Definite brain at the door film, and the humor won't be everyone's cup of tea, but if you liked Pineapple Express, Knocked Up, and all those other stoner films, you'll love this!

Luckily, i do, so i lapped this up, and definitely one of the best comedies i have seen in a very long time. The strange ensemble of a cast works very well together. McBride does steal the show in his scenes, but Hill has his exceptional moments also (especially towards the end). There were some down time and gags that didn't work, but they were well overshadowed by genuine i'm-about-to-pee-myself moments.

Again, you need to like the Rogan-esque comedies to like this. 9/10!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭edgecutter

I thoroughly enjoyed this, and yes do leave your brain out the door for this movie like others have said.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,156 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Great craic, everyone allows liberal amounts of piss taking at their own expense. Very enjoyable altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Really enjoyed this as well, was at a sold out cineworld showing this evening and there was a great atmosphere at the screening, really enjoyed it, have to say it was one of the best cinema experiences I've had in a while and I usually hate packed screenings!

Only annoying thing is that the couple of trailers do give away a lot of funny parts which just don't have the same impact when you're expecting them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

lowest common denominator drivel for the unwashed

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

lowest common denominator drivel for the unwashed

I watched that trailer and almost dropped my monacle into my glass of champagne.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,720 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Not a classic or anything. Good fun though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Saw this last night, thought it was pretty good for what it was.

High brow it aint but it had some funny moments, some good cameos, "the gimp" being a highlight.

Leave the brain in neutral and its grand to pass a couple of hours.

Advertisement