Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick FC 2013

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,018 ✭✭✭Jofspring

For anyone interested there is loads going on at the moment on www.limerickfc.ie

Interviews with Stuart Taylor, Shaun Kelly, Stephen Folan and also new signings Shane Duggan and Mick Leahy.

The club have launched Limerick FC TV.

Pre-season began last Sunday with two friendlies coming up:

Feb 22nd:
    Longford Town vs Limerick FC, City Calling Stadium 7:30pm
    Feb 6th:
    Galway FC vs Limerick FC, Eamon Deacey Park, 7:45pm
    Feb 19th:
    Waterford Utd vs Limerick FC, RSC, 7.30pm

Shane Tracy and Jason Hughes have both re-signed. That means in midfield alone we have Tracy, Hughes, Duggan and Rainsford who are all local Limerick lads.

Also the friendly vs Galway has been switched to Headford Co.Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭grimbergen

For any Dublin based fans, there's a pre season v. shels on Feb 27th

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

No home friendlies?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭wonder88

Is it true that it is less expensive to play friendlies away?

• Advertisement

Well I know Limerick haven't had a home Friendly in about 5 years and it was due to cost so it must be working out cheaper to play away. The last home Friendly I can remember is Bray Wanderers in Jackman when we were Limerick 37.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

Simple economics surely? When you don't own your own ground you have to rent one and you probably wouldn't make the cost of that back on gate for a friendly game (the likes of Man City aside).

It's mad to think though that buses, food etc... For an away trip is actually cheaper than renting Jackman Park. Would have liked to see us play possibly the oscar traynor team or pike. Surely a game like that in pike or the boro wouldn't cost anything.

Jofspring wrote: »
    It's mad to think though that buses, food etc... For an away trip is actually cheaper than renting Jackman Park. Would have liked to see us play possibly the oscar traynor team or pike. Surely a game like that in pike or the boro wouldn't cost anything.

I'd like to see both those games myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭TheBeast17

Well I know Limerick haven't had a home Friendly in about 5 years and it was due to cost so it must be working out cheaper to play away. The last home Friendly I can remember is Bray Wanderers in Jackman when we were Limerick 37.

Wasnt that in UL?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭TheBeast17

Again for Dublin based fans we play Glenville at 2pm this Sunday in Palmerstown.

TheBeast17 wrote: »
    Wasnt that in UL?

We played bray the year before in UL and then the following year in Jackman. It was when we signed the likes of Ross Cosgrove and James Hayes.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭redron74

We played bray the year before in UL and then the following year in Jackman. It was when we signed the likes of Ross Cosgrove and James Hayes.

I'm pretty sure we played Bray Wanderers in Jackman Park in 2007.
    And I think it was 2008 that we played them on one of the open pitches at UL.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Anyone have any info on the evening with Martin O Neill. I'd love to go to that if the prices were reasonable. I reckon he'd have some great stories to tell from his days around Brian Clough in the 80s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

I'm sure it would be a very entertaining night but be warned that the Q&A is €30 with a bit of finger food on offer, while the corporate dinner with Q&A is a princely €75.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

30 wouldnt be bad to be fair. 75 can piss off

30 is grand and 75 is aimed at the corporate/business people. Three course meal most people will skip and go just for the Q&A with finger food.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭wonder88

See your friendly with Galway is switched back to Eamonn Deacy Park/Terryland, plenty of rain forecast for next few days so things could change.

Jofspring has kindly started a new thread for the new season. :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=88843950#post88843950

Advertisement