Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick FC 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭redron74

Melion wrote: »
    Bit of a letdown after seeing some of the names linked with the job. But roll on the first game

In fairness to the Club, most of the names being bandied about came from idle speculation on the part of fans or journalists. I'm sure any of the 'big names' who declared an interest in the job were genuinely interested in the idea of being a Limerick/LOI manager, but may have been put off by the difficulty of the task at hand. And I'm not talking about the lateness of the final appointment -- it was already a difficult task to take on last november. This mostly has to do with the false impression that the club has money to burn.

I hope Taylor is going to base himself in Limerick. It doesn't always work when a foreign manager jets in for only a match and a training session.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

redron74 wrote: »
    In fairness to the Club, most of the names being bandied about came from idle speculation on the part of fans or journalists. I'm sure any of the 'big names' who declared an interest in the job were genuinely interested in the idea of being a Limerick/LOI manager, but may have been put off by the difficulty of the task at hand. And I'm not talking about the lateness of the final appointment -- it was already a difficult task to take on last november. This mostly has to do with the false impression that the club has money to burn.

I hope Taylor is going to base himself in Limerick. It doesn't always work when a foreign manager jets in for only a match and a training session.

Well his going to be some man to travel form the middle east 3/4 times a week

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Banana incident at friendly match v. Manchester City has resulted in the charging of this individual.

Needless to say, won't comment further until the case is heard, but glad to see something has been done.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2013/0116/breaking47.html

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

afro man wrote: »
    he would Want to be two alex fergusons with this squad below :D

Current Squad for 2013:

Rory Gaffney
    Joe Gamble
    Shaun Kelly
    Stephen Bradley
    Stephen McGann
    Garbhan Coughlan
    Dominic Foley

More on the way, every year the club only signs up the majority of Its players in jan and feb. Cant Accord to have fellas on 3/4 year contracts in the loi.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Dave O'Leary and Pat Purcell re-sign. Two fantastic players to get signed up.

The spine of the team starting to come together.

• Advertisement

Limerick FC:

Shane Tracey (re-signed)
    Jeffrey Judge (re-signed)
    Stephen Folan (Newcastle United)

Jofspring wrote: »
    Limerick FC:

Shane Tracey (re-signed)
    Jeffrey Judge (re-signed)
    Stephen Folan (Newcastle United)

Sean Brosnan gone:(

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭limerickfc

Stephan Folan?? Any good?

limerickfc wrote: »

Supposed to have looked good at the game Sunday(intra squad friendly) his coming from Newcastle and has had a number of injuries so we'll really have to wait and see.

He was playing with Newcastle reserves and was looking to break into the first team but injuries have held him back. From what I heard he looks decent enough. He was also training with shamrock rovers and their manager said he was disappointed he didn't sign for them.

• Advertisement

So would you reckon he has the quality to slot straight in to the starting 11 or is he one more for the next few years?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

interesting article about him in last sunday's Irish Mail on Sunday.
    Still only 21 i think. determined to get his career back on track after a nightmare spell of injuries at Newcastle.

So would you reckon he has the quality to slot straight in to the starting 11 or is he one more for the next few years?

I would think he will be straight into the starting 11. Purcell and Folan most likely the starting centre back partnership with a nice mix of youth and experience there. He can also play left back so gives cover their too.

Cant wait for the first gae of the season,
    Cork wont know what hit em :)

Cant wait for the first gae of the season,
    Cork wont know what hit em :)

Two friendlies announced for anyone wanting to get a look at the team.

Sunday 3rd:
    Vs Mervue, Lifford FC ground in Ennis 2pm

Thursday 7th:
    Vs Salthill, Drom, Galway 7:45

Whats yer thoughts on sheedy coming back into the 1st team squad?
    Yay or Nay?

Whats yer thoughts on sheedy coming back into the 1st team squad?
    Yay or Nay?

Deserves his chance going by his under 19's performances. He has been a goal machine. No harm having him in the squad.

True, Pat semmed to like him alot so hopefully Tayor will feel the same.
    The last thing id like to see would be him overturning the whole roster we have to kepp the same young bunch together for as long as possible.

Going by the players involved in the friendly he will keeping a lot of the younger lads around.

The fixture list has been updated today.

Limerick FC vs Cork City FC will now take place on Saturday Match 9th at 7:45pm. It is believed it will be televised on either rte or setanta.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭varberg

The plans for the market field look good! Good facilities are important to the area overall. Will it be finished this year or will they take longer?

varberg wrote: »
    The plans for the market field look good! Good facilities are important to the area overall. Will it be finished this year or will they take longer?

Hard to know when it will be ready. It is essential it is ready for the 2014 season.

Two signings made today

Robbie Williams (Plymouth Argyle)

3417210.png

Craig Curran (Rochdale on loan)

sat-77b_200px.jpg

I have also set up a fans forum for anyone interested http://limerickfcforum.proboards.com/index.cgi

Lost to Avondale 4-2 in the Munster Senior Cup. We had a mix of youth and experience today.

Some very exciting signings expected this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭banjobongo

I cant tell from the website what matches are at home or away. Does anybody know what matches will be played at home (Thomond) for the months of March and April?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭redron74

banjobongo wrote: »
    I cant tell from the website what matches are at home or away. Does anybody know what matches will be played at home (Thomond) for the months of March and April?

The home team is always named first!!
    www.limerickfc.ie

banjobongo wrote: »

Ya as Ron says the home team is always first in football I.e limerick vs cork , limerick are at home and cork vs limerick, cork are at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭banjobongo

thanks....should have copped on!
    cheers:D

Note: RTE and the FAI have switch the cork match to Sunday.

Limerick FC vs Cork City FC, Sunday March 10th 5:15pm, RTE

Sadly this will affect the crowd on the night with no compensation for Limerick FC and clubs have no say on the switch either as per the participation agreement signed by LOI clubs.

http://www.limerickfc.ie/limerick-fc-opener-to-be-televised-live-on-rte

Opening-game-to-be-shown-Live-on-RTE1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Jofspring wrote: »
    Note: RTE and the FAI have switch the cork match to Sunday.

Limerick FC vs Cork City FC, Sunday March 10th 5:15pm, RTE

Sadly this will affect the crowd on the night with no compensation for Limerick FC and clubs have no say on the switch either as per the participation agreement signed by LOI clubs.

It will be clashing with Liverpool v Spurs which will affect the crowd. Pity it had to happen for the first home game.

• Advertisement

DBIreland wrote: »
    It will be clashing with Liverpool v Spurs which will affect the crowd. Pity it had to happen for the first home game.

I don't think the Liverpool match will really have any affect to be honest. The fact it will be on telly will.

Can't beat live football though. Live football in a great stadium, against a good team on telly should be supported by the "sport loving limerick people" as much as possible.

Advertisement