Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January Sales Start Dates

Options
  • 20-12-2012 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Just setting up a thread for January Sales as I just got an email from Powercity saying there sale will start online at 7pm on 24th and instore at 9am on the 26th.

Leave a link or post to any other shops that advertise good deals or when they are starting their sale
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Amazon sale is starting on Christmas Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

9am ...26th...cool I'm sure the power city employess are loving that

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

9am ...26th...cool I'm sure the power city employess are loving that

Not as much as the Next staff...their sale starts 6am the 26th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Last year I went into Henry street at 8am on Stephens day, taught I would be the only clown in that early :o to my surprise there was a good few people there, in the space of an hour the street was packed and didn't know where to be looking.

Next in the Jervis was unreal, people queuing to get into the shop :rolleyes:
    Didn't bother going in myself, but think I will this year to see what all the fuss is about.

Long Que also outside debenhams for their store to open at 9am.
    Debenhams sale does be great, most of their perfume sets reduced - some even half price. Picked up 3 perfume sets last year, all half price.

River island (I shop here a lot) I found that most of their sale stock was just clothes that they hadn't sold in their summer sale :rolleyes:

Boots do a great sale, but they usually don't have it till early Jan :( All their sets do be half price and less. Picked up loads of great deals in their last sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭jimogr

The real sales start on the 9th of Jan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Richer Sounds is Dec 26th

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I removed a few off topic posts. Can we keep it to the sales info please, times dates shops etc, thanks.

Any problems just click the report post triangle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

SunnyDub1 wrote: »
    Last year I went into Henry street at 8am on Stephens day, taught I would be the only clown in that early :o to my surprise there was a good few people there, in the space of an hour the street was packed and didn't know where to be looking.

Next in the Jervis was unreal, people queuing to get into the shop :rolleyes:
    Didn't bother going in myself, but think I will this year to see what all the fuss is about.

Long Que also outside debenhams for their store to open at 9am.
    Debenhams sale does be great, most of their perfume sets reduced - some even half price. Picked up 3 perfume sets last year, all half price.

River island (I shop here a lot) I found that most of their sale stock was just clothes that they hadn't sold in their summer sale :rolleyes:

Boots do a great sale, but they usually don't have it till early Jan :( All their sets do be half price and less. Picked up loads of great deals in their last sale.

I hope it's not off topic but imo the bit in bold is exactly what next sale is bar kids clothes

• Registered Users Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭dodzy

Next Sale = Animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

DEBENHAMS - online from 6 a.m. Sat. 22nd Dec and instore 8 a.m. Wed. 26th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭captainbirdseye

Where's the bargain alert?
    This thread is in the wrong forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Eh...stuff on sales is usually considered a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭dodzy

This threadis in the wrong forum.
    No it isn't, but you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Boo-urns

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Littlewoods sale has now started. Have found good bargains in the past but I can't seem to sort from low to high beyond the first page this evening:mad:
    www.littlewoodsireland.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

The sale I really want to get in on quick is the Aer lingus sale. Does this usually start on Jan 1st ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

OP, might be an idea if you edit your first post and just summarise the ones that have been mentioned in the thread so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭Gormal

lindtee wrote: »
    Littlewoods sale has now started. Have found good bargains in the past but I can't seem to sort from low to high beyond the first page this evening:mad:

it's a technical glitch and the techies are working on it, been like that for a couple of weeks, I got on to them a couple of days ago about it, so fingers crossed it will be back to normal soon :p

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

its been like that for a few weeks , once you goto page 2 you are back on Sort by Bestsellers again!
    It was always a bit flawed prior to that anyway ,the 'selling fast/low stock' stuff was always at the end regardless of price.
    But picked up a pair of trainers myself earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,686 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Seems to be working ok now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 KBRADY

Schuh sale starts today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Does any one know if you can online shop during sale with Next

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

PinkFly wrote: »
    Does any one know if you can online shop during sale with Next

Not the Irish one as far as I know but you could use parcel motel for the UK sale online (better value anyway)
    Anyone spot any good deals on Littlewoods? Have to spend the next few hours prepping food (:mad:) so I won't get a chance to have a look til later.

Edit to add that I just saw on HUKD that the Boots half price sale has started online. www.boots.com (don't deliver to Ireland so use parcel motel)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭Gormal

House of Fraser have reductions online of up to 50% in many departments . Full Sale in store starts December 26th.

Dorothy Perkins Sale - Started 21st Dec

The Gap Sale started online on December 20th with up to 60% off . Gap now deliver to Ireland

Debenhams, sale starts online Dec 22nd and in selected stores on St Stephen’s Day, from 10am to 6pm. Stores opening include those on Henry Street in Dublin, Tralee, Newbridge, and Patrick Street, and Mahon Point in Cork.
    Online Debenhams Sale Begins Dec 22nd

Next - Sale starts in the shops on December 26th at 6am

Miss Selfridge sale starts Dec 21st - with 75% off several items.

H&M sale has started in stores.

Soundstore starts on 26th 11am

Dabs.ie sale has started (although not a very good one imo)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭ongarite

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

On the Sale offers on the Powercity website, the Buy Option seems not yet to be live, or have I got it wrong? The non sale items are all available to buy as normal.
    Still good to be able to see the prices etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 cmdrRiker

Currys starts at 7pm tonight online as per their forum on Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

Anyone know when Tk Maxx stores open?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 cmdrRiker

Harvey Norman gives now insight into the sale items on the main page.

http://www.harveynorman.ie/big-sale-in-store-only.html - Instore only
    http://www.harveynorman.ie/big-sale-online.html - Online

Some deals to be found e.g. tablet for 78 EUR or Dyson dc29 for 150 quid (I got 19B in last year's sale and it's flawless).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

How can January sales start in December?

Advertisement