Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Pulse Wireless headphones €59.99!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Only one left in HMV Cruises St now.
    Thanks OP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

moz wrote: »
    Only one left in HMV Cruises St now.
    Thanks OP.

really?.....did they sell or take them off the display?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,276 ✭✭✭✭noodler

That would alert them to the price....if i haven't already. I'll wait a few days and see if HMV have upped the prices....then i'll admit it was MHV who was in error, not Gamestop.

We already know Gamestop are not "in error".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

really?.....did they sell or take them off the display?

Don't know. There were two left when I went in. I had one which left one. Still at €60 btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭jacool

Good shout OP.
    I presume all the others on here were too busy ranting to actually benefit from the offer.
    This type of (over) reaction here can only encourage people not to post BAs in case it sets them up as a target for abuse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

I desperately want one of these but can't get into Limerick at this stage. :mad:

jacool wrote: »
    Good shout OP.
    I presume all the others on here were too busy ranting to actually benefit from the offer.
    This type of (over) reaction here can only encourage people not to post BAs in case it sets them up as a target for abuse.

To be fair to the posters....they made valid points and pointed out some rather ass behaviour, not to the staff....because well, thats me....but to other Boardsies.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

jacool wrote: »
    THIS!!

The OP gave me a laugh.. even if he was serious regarding going into Gamestop or not.

Rude maybe but worth chastising for to this degree? I think not..

If RD did say that in Gamestop, the girl probably simply blasted him to her co-workers when he left and got on with her day.

People need to lighten up..

Chavways wrote: »
    I desperately want one of these but can't get into Limerick at this stage. :mad:

I'll sell you mine for €100..........;)

Basq wrote: »
    THIS!!

The OP gave me a laugh.. even if he was serious regarding going into Gamestop or not.

Rude maybe but worth chastising for to this degree? I think not..

If RD did say that in Gamestop, the girl probably simply blasted him to her co-workers when he left and got on with her day.

People need to lighten up..

I wasn't troling or bluffing...it went down like i said.

• Advertisement

^ Fair "nuff"..

Btw...HMV also have the *new* version 2.0 blu-ray media remote...the one being sold in the US:

PS3-Media-Remote.jpg

Different button layout, extra buttons + Netflix ready....22.99
    The older remote is still there for 24.99

They also have the PS3 Super Slim HDD caddy for 9.99 and the new steering wheel thing for racing games/PS Move etc for 29.99

They got alot of new PS3 stock in and they didnt have it yesterday when i was in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

Shine on you crazy diamond, RD. I wasn't interested in the BA, but this is one of the most entertaining threads I've seen in a while. And at least you seem to recognise on some level you made a bit of a tit of yourself. Anyone taking the opposite side in this great debate has perhaps never worked a menial hole of a job in customer service where customers are constantly climbing up your arse over pricing issues that have nothing to do with you. Happy days...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

This makes for hillarious reading. You deserve you're own sitcom Dower.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    This makes for hillarious reading. You deserve you're own sitcom Dower.

Funny part is.....i dont even want them now, twas an impulse buy :o

:(

I have the receipt though........:p

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

Bring em back to Game and tell them you lost the receipt....They'll hardly remember you

Like i said i couldnt understand how they could justify selling them for 160 Euros to customers while a few doors down it was 60, i was pissed as a consumer....thinking about others going into Game and spending 100 Euros extra.

I'm fairly certain that any Irish man or woman would have a hard time picking up those headphones in their local GAME as they all **** down last year.
    Imo as a consumer and for other consumers the HUGE price difference should be highlighted, its wrong to charge such a big difference from shop to shop.

I was in two electronic stores today, Currys and a smaller local store. The same TV was in both, in Currys it was on special off with 200 euro off. In the other it was the normal price. By your way of thinking the smaller local store is ripping people off by selling the TV at it's rrp.
    I cant speak to a barcode reading wrong, for all i know HMV are doing a special deal for a limited period, or it could be an error or it could be the real price.

All i know is she scanned it, came up 60 quid....i asked her to check because i knew i'd seen it more expensive....she said thats the price and thats what i paid.

I came here to post a bargin alert and gloat and get my angry consumer face on over Gamestop. I dont feel embarrased at saving 100 Euro.

HMV do deals like this all the time. Every time I go into my local store there's a bargain or three to be had. Sure the same item can be twice that up the road but it takes a certain kind of dick to avail of a bargain and then head up the road to gloat about it and try to show up some poor working stiff whose most likely getting minimum wage and having to deal with crap all day.

Alright... enough of the chastising of Richard now.

It's getting tiring..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,294 ✭✭✭positron

That review is for the 'Elite Edition' (this one on amazon link)

The one HMV has is not the elite edition - Now having said that, I can't really find any difference between the description of Elite edition in Amazon and what HMV has for 59.99 (I picked up one, probably the last one from HMV Henry St - thanks OP.)

PS: This is the HMV version on Amazon (link)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

I'll buy them off you for €55 if you don't want em. Second hand and all that...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,294 ✭✭✭positron

positron wrote: »
    That review is for the 'Elite Edition' (this one on amazon link)

The one HMV has is not the elite edition - Now having said that, I can't really find any difference between the description of Elite edition in Amazon and what HMV has for 59.99 (I picked up one, probably the last one from HMV Henry St - thanks OP.)

PS: This is the HMV version on Amazon (link)

And I think I saw at least one of these newer headphones at HMV Herny Street for €89.99, which is listed £89.99 at Amazon link

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭mtkenne2

i will give ya 60for them

Doocey wrote: »
    I'll buy them off you for €55 if you don't want em. Second hand and all that...

i might hold onto them, good story for my upcoming book of memoires.

positron wrote: »
    And I think I saw at least one of these newer headphones at HMV Herny Street for €89.99, which is listed £89.99 at Amazon link

thats an older model. i dont think there is any difference in the US elite edition and those selling in the UK, besides a different designed box.

mtkenne2 wrote: »
    i will give ya 60for them

i was jesting, in fact the entire thread is a piss take........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,638 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

i was jesting, in fact the entire thread is a piss take........:D

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO??????????????!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????? Really???????????????????????

Would never have guessed!!!!??? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I got the same ones for 39.99 beat that Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Cunning stunt :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Someone was on the sauce early today I see :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement