Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Pulse Wireless headphones €59.99!!!

Options
  • 12-12-2012 1:48pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

:eek: ok lads....HUGE bargin alert here!....HMV Limerick.

OFFICIAL Sony Pulse Wireless Headset with bassimpact, 7.1 surround....model CECHYA-0086, 59.99....i was stunned!

I said to yer wan, that cant be right, check the price and she said...nope its correct. I bought them then and there as i knew i'd seen them alot dearer online and in other shops.

I go a few doors up to Gamestop, i ask to see the same headphones they have for sale, i checked the model number and it was the same....they were charging €159.99!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I flipped, i said infront of numerous other customers, i bought the same headphones in HMV for 60, i held up the box and all :p

I says to yer wan in Gamestop....100 Euros cheaper, HOW can you explain this??????? :confused:

''we don't set the prices'' blah....so ya i showed them up and walked out like a star, i'm sure the staff were calling me all sorts.

But 100 Euro is some fecking price difference!....so had to post this story here.....i'm ready for the backlash.

:cool:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭antoswords

OFFICIAL Sony Pulse Wireless Headset with bassimpact, 7.1 surround....model CECHYA-0086, 59.99....i was stunned!

I said to yet wan, that cant be right, check the price and she said...nope its correct. I bought them then and there as i knew i'd seen them alot dearder online and in other shops.

I go a few doors up to Gamestop, i ask to she the same headphones they have for sale, i checked the model number and it was the same....they were charging €159.99!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I flipped, i said infront of numerous other customers, i bought the same headphones in HMV for 60, i held up the box and all :p

I says to yer wan in Gamestop....100 Euros cheaper, HOW can you explain this??????? :confused:

''we don't set the prices'' blah....so ya i showed them up and went walked out like a star, i'm sure them staff were calling me all sorts.

But 100 Euro is some fecking price difference!....so had to post this story here.....i'm ready for the backlash.

Why did you flip? As the girl in the shop said, she doesn't set the prices. You sound like an ***** to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

walked out like a star,

think "star" is missing a few letters _ _ star_

antoswords wrote: »
    Why did you flip? As the girl in the shop said, she doesn't set the prices. You sound like an asshole to be fair.

Dont care....100 Euro difference from any company is taking the piss, they deserved to be called out and embarrased for it:

http://www.gamestop.ie/PlayStation%203/Games/44184/pulse-wireless-7-1-headet?previousUrl=http://www.gamestop.ie/SearchResult/QuickSearchHeaderPlatform?platform=2&rootGenre=26

• Subscribers Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Dont care....100 Euro difference from any company is taking the piss, they deserved to be called out and embarrased for it:

http://www.gamestop.ie/PlayStation%203/Games/44184/pulse-wireless-7-1-headet?previousUrl=http://www.gamestop.ie/SearchResult/QuickSearchHeaderPlatform?platform=2&rootGenre=26

So it's a huge bargain alert, you were stunned, couldn't believe it was correct in HMV.

Then next store you were stunned and couldn't believe it was correct that they were the orginal price in GameStop?

Go anywhere you weren't stunned today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

And why exactly? Could be a pricing error on HMV's behalf and not Gamestop. You should be embarrassed for what you did in both stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I said to yet wan, that cant be right, check the price and she said...nope its correct. I bought them then and there as i knew i'd seen them alot dearder online and in other shops.

I go a few doors up to Gamestop, i ask to she the same headphones they have for sale, i checked the model number and it was the same....they were charging €159.99!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

''we don't set the prices'' blah....so ya i showed them up and went walked out like a star, i'm sure them staff were calling me all sorts.

Good bargain alright though I'm not going to open the headphone debate here. :rolleyes: There are plenty of other posts on this if anyone is interested in the Home Audio section.

However, it sounds like you walked out like something else which also has 4 letters to me. GAME and HMV are owned by the same parent company. Even if they weren't I would imagine the manager of GAME having a quiet word with the manager of HMV asking about the pricing. What will likely happen as a result of your display is HMV will amend the price of their obvious pricing error to €160. So you've possibly ruined it for everyone else. Could you not have perhaps said nothing and just posted the offer/misprice?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

But she's only on the till. It's not like you spoke to someone with a great deal of authority over gamestop. You didn't embarrass gamestop, you embarrassed yourself and an employee.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,325 ✭✭✭✭noodler

??

What on earth are you talking about? HMV are the only ones selling them at 60e according to you.

It is probbaly not in all stores and, imo, it is probably a mistake with somebody confusing the old model with these. I doubt this will last.

copacetic wrote: »
    So it's a huge bargain alert, you were stunned, couldn't believe it was correct in HMV.

Then next store you were stunned and couldn't believe it was correct that they were the orginal price in GameStop?

Go anywhere you weren't stunned today?

I'm stunned by the reaction here....i'm saving you guys 100 euros !!

• Advertisement

kensutz wrote: »
    And why exactly? Could be a pricing error on HMV's behalf and not Gamestop. You should be embarrassed for what you did in both stores.

Why?....what did i do in HMV to warrant embarrasement?

kensutz wrote: »

I asked her in HMV to check the price....she said it was correct.

You may be, but you're likely not for the reasons I outlined in my post. You've alerted them to an obvious error which they will now likely amend as a result of you making a scene about it in a store owned by the same company.

Next time, you could just post the misprice (offer if you want to call it that)...........

Why?....what did i do in HMV to warrant embarrasement?

So you're conceding that you may have embarrassed yourself in GAME?

Good bargain alright though I'm not going to open the headphone debate here. :rolleyes: There are plenty of other posts on this if anyone is interested in the Home Audio section.

However, it sounds like you walked out like something else which also has 4 letters to me. GAME and HMV are owned by the same parent company. Even if they weren't I would imagine the manager of GAME having a quiet word with the manager of HMV asking about the pricing. What will likely happen as a result of your display is HMV will amend the price of their obvious pricing error to €160. So you've possibly ruined it for everyone else. Could you not have perhaps said nothing and just posted the offer/misprice?

So it's best to get in there quick then!....they have about a dozen. Like i said i ASKED her to check the price, she said it was right.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

I go a few doors up to Gamestop, i ask to see the same headphones they have for sale, i checked the model number and it was the same....they were charging €159.99!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

''we don't set the prices'' blah....so ya i showed them up and walked out like a star, i'm sure the staff were calling me all sorts.

Seriously fella, take a step back and think about it :(

tok9 wrote: »
    But she's only on the till. It's not like you spoke to someone with a great deal of authority over gamestop. You didn't embarrass gamestop, you embarrassed yourself and an employee.

Employees always pull the "i'm just doing my job" crap, maybe she'll contact HQ to adjust prices down as a result.

Relax the cacks there Richard, you'll be worn out with all the stunning going on, and it's only lunchtime.

So you're conceding that you may have embarrassed yourself in GAME?

I'm not conceeding any embarrasement, i just wondering based on the story told how people could say i embarrased myself in HMV :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Employees always pull the "i'm just doing my job" crap, maybe she'll contact HQ to adjust prices down as a result.
    They are just doing their job.

(Totally worth the infraction, thanks in advance mods)

• Advertisement

jmorrisey wrote: »
    Seriously fella, take a step back and think about it :(

Like i said i couldnt understand how they could justify selling them for 160 Euros to customers while a few doors down it was 60, i was pissed as a consumer....thinking about others going into Game and spending 100 Euros extra.

So it's best to get in there quick then!....they have about a dozen. Like i said i ASKED her to check the price, she said it was right.

Ok, let me break it down for you.
    • I assume she scanned the barcode which read as €60, right?
    • So let's for a second assume that maybe/perhaps/possibly when the price was inserted manually on the IT system the person inputting it inserted the RRP as €60 instead of €160
    • So when she scans the barcode it reads as per the inputted figure, i.e. €60
    • That is the correct price as inputted, but actually the incorrect price as it was an error at the time of input
    See?

So let's assume the inputter inserted an additional "0" at the end and made the RRP as €1600. Would you have paid €1600 then as when checked the barcode would read €1600 as the correct price. No, of course not, because it was obviously an error. Which is also what your €60 price is.

Adam wrote: »
    They are just doing their job, you spastic.

(Totally worth the infraction, thanks in advance mods)

Imo as a consumer and for other consumers the HUGE price difference should be highlighted, its wrong to charge such a big difference from shop to shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,252 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Why is nobody discussing the bargain instead of having a pop at Richard?

He's tried to alert us to a bargain, makes ya wonder whats the point with responses like this.

Like i said i couldnt understand how they could justify selling them for 160 Euros to customers while a few doors down it was 60, i was pissed as a consumer....thinking about others going into Game and spending 100 Euros extra.

I'm starting to come around to your thinking. In fact come to think of it I'm a bit put out that you aren't doing more. Couldnt you get a placard or leaflets done up and get back outside GameStop pronto?

The price will be going up in HMV, not reduced in GAME. Do you not get it yet?!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

But the price is correct. Hence why you have created a bargain alert as it is cheaper in another store.

The only thing that may happen is the price in hmv rising as it is clearly a mistake since their own website sells at £159.

Also the employee is just doing his/her job. They cannot change prices.

It is a bargain but your behaviour is the reason for why no one is particularly thankful.

copacetic wrote: »
    I'm starting to come around to your thinking. In fact come to think of it I'm a bit put out that you aren't doing more. Couldnt you get a placard or leaflets done up and get back outside GameStop pronto?

Why stop there? Ring the Lahv Lahn with Joe Duffy! He loves this kinda thing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

27997415.jpg

One second...you are surprised by the brilliant value on offer at HMV because it's so far below retail, and then you berate the next store for selling at retail? I presume this was at the crescent?

Decent price but man you were fair rude to the gamestop people!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

Ah jaysus, you said yourself it was a huge bargain alert yet you go into the store that sells them at the normal price and throw a massive strop for no reason.....your next move should be to find any other place that sells em at the regular price and go "London riot" on their asses and then send an abusive email to amazon for doing the same:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement