Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Pulse Wireless headphones €59.99!!!

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Ok, let me break it down for you.
    • I assume she scanned the barcode which read as €60, right?
    • So let's for a second assume that maybe/perhaps/possibly when the price was inserted manually on the IT system the person inputting it inserted the RRP as €60 instead of €160
    • So when she scans the barcode it reads as per the inputted figure, i.e. €60
    • That is the correct price as inputted, but actually the incorrect price as it was an error at the time of input
    See?

So let's assume the inputter inserted an additional "0" at the end and made the RRP as €1600. Would you have paid €1600 then as when checked the barcode would read €1600 as the correct price. No, of course not, because it was obviously an error. Whish is also what your €60 price is.

I cant speak to a barcode reading wrong, for all i know HMV are doing a special deal for a limited period, or it could be an error or it could be the real price.

All i know is she scanned it, came up 60 quid....i asked her to check because i knew i'd seen it more expensive....she said thats the price and thats what i paid.

I came here to post a bargin alert and gloat and get my angry consumer face on over Gamestop. I dont feel embarrased at saving 100 Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,250 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Thread needs to be exploded

nuclear_explosion.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

Why is nobody discussing the bargain instead of having a pop at Richard?

He's tried to alert us to a bargain, makes ya wonder whats the point with responses like this.

Fair-ish point, it is a great BA. I think people in general are taking exception to the style in which OP has dealt with his amazing find....or lack thereof

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Like the others in here I dont know why you went into Gamestop, would you not have taken yourself off the floor after being stunned and bought all of the other ones, then go into Gamestop and start selling them to all the poor folk who were all there to purchase one of them??

Stick it to Mr. Gamestop, Richard!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

I cant speak to a barcode reading wrong, for all i know HMV are doing a special deal for a limited period, or it could be an error or it could be the real price.

All i know is she scanned it, came up 60 quid....i asked her to check because i knew i'd seen it more expensive....she said thats the price and thats what i paid.

I came here to post a bargin alert and gloat and get my angry consumer face on over Gamestop. I dont feel embarrased at saving 100 Euro.

Its not about you saving €100, its about you acting like a dick in the other store.

I just bought a TV, it was on sale. I didnt go and complain to another store because they didnt have it on sale. Its just kind of how these things work.

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »
    27997415.jpg

One second...you are surprised by the brilliant value on offer at HMV because it's so far below retail, and then you berate the next store for selling at retail? I presume this was at the crescent?

Decent price but man you were fair rude to the gamestop people!

I didnt know the RRP was 160....i was going by what MHV charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

As a previous poster has stated, it's €159.99 on their website (HMV's) so it's clearly an error as I and pretty much everyone else here has pointed out to you. No-one is begrudging of you securing one for yourself. No-one. What we're commenting on primarily is your subsequent behaviour and reaction to securing this misprice.

Couple of questions:
    1. Why would you need or want to gloat?
    2. Has the reaction you've received here not made you question your behaviour in GAME in any way?

As a previous poster has stated, it's €159.99 on their website (HMV's) so it's clearly an error as I and pretty much everyone else here has pointed out to you. No-one is begrudging of you securing one for yourself. No-one. What we're commenting on primarily is your subsequent behaviour and reaction to securing this misprice.

Couple of questions:
    1. Why would you need or want to gloat?
    2. Has the reaction you've received here not made you question your behaviour in GAME in any way?

Well at the TIME i didnt know the RRP was 160....i knew it was higher then 60, i said to the girl in HMV i thought they were 100, so i didnt know the real retail price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Well at the TIME i didnt know the RRP was 160....i knew it was higher then 60, i said to the girl in HMV i thought they were 100, so i didnt know the real retail price.

Still didnt explain why you felt the need to go into Gamestop?? You had already purchased the headphones, were you going to purchase another or something?

Yes, ignore my questions and answer whatever you want. Are you a Politician?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,318 ✭✭✭✭noodler

copacetic wrote: »
    Relax the cacks there Richard, you'll be worn out with all the stunning going on, and it's only lunchtime.

Fcuking brilliant - priceless!

Richard, I own a pair of the previous model which are excellent (and I bought them last Xmas for 70/80e which was reduced at that stage).

So, I can confirm with you, based on reading reviews for the product that they are an absolute bargain for 60e and people who are interested should get in before the error is rectified or the promo is gone.

(A few reviews compared them to the previous model and said it wouldn't really be worth an upgrade if you have them for those of you who might be wondering).

You may be, but you're likely not for the reasons I outlined in my post. You've alerted them to an obvious error which they will now likely amend as a result of you making a scene about it in a store owned by the same company.

Next time, you could just post the misprice (offer if you want to call it that)...........

Well i didnt know they were owned by the same company, and as i said i thought at the time it was the real price [60 Euro] because i asked her to check....but now i see it must be an error, so yeah kicking up a fuss and alerting HMV/Gamestop may result in MHV putting up prices.....:o

jmorrisey wrote: »
    Ah jaysus, you said yourself it was a huge bargain alert yet you go into the store that sells them at the normal price and throw a massive strop for no reason.....your next move should be to find any other place that sells em at the regular price and go "London riot" on their asses and then send an abusive email to amazon for doing the same:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I didnt know 160 was the normal price......

joe316 wrote: »
    Still didnt explain why you felt the need to go into Gamestop?? You had already purchased the headphones, were you going to purchase another or something?

Because i thought consumers were getting ripped off @ 160 Euro, so i made a point of saying another store had them for 60.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,318 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Because i thought consumers were getting ripped off @ 160 Euro, so i made a point of saying another store had them for 60.

It is an amazing stance to take though.

I mean

1) A shop can sell at whatever price they want once it isn't above the RRP..I think.

2) It is clearly a pricing mistake on the part of HMV and giving Gamestop staff lip is just crazy and pointless.

3) You have, imo, likely brought the error to a premature end.

Yes, ignore my questions and answer whatever you want. Are you a Politician?

That was an honest reply, as i said i couldnt belive myself the price in HMV @ 60 Euro, i asked her to check.....she said it was correct and took her at face value.

I went to Gamestop to see what price they had [160] and got pisses at the 100 Euro difference, NOW....now ckecking online and Sony the RRP is 160....so its EITHER a special offer by HMV or an error.

I dont regret my rant in Game but i do feel bad i made have spoiled a bargin alert for others by alerting MHV/Gamestop.

My advice....get in there quick before they change prices!!

noodler wrote: »
    It is an amazing stance to take though.

I mean

1) A shop can sell at whatever price they want once it isn't above the RRP..I think.

2) It is clearly a pricing mistake on the part of HMV and giving Gamestop staff lip is just crazy and pointless.

3) You have, imo, likely brought the error to a premature end.

I see that NOW......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭long_b

... quick before they change prices!!
    ROFL. Truly.

Thanks for the chuckle OP

DylanII wrote: »
    Its not about you saving €100, its about you acting like a dick in the other store.

I just bought a TV, it was on sale. I didnt go and complain to another store because they didnt have it on sale. Its just kind of how these things work.

Sorry but i dont subscribe to the staff doing there job excuse....at the TIME i thought they were ripping people off, but now it seems it was just a mistake.

At the time i was pissed one store was charging 100 Euro extra to customers, but now it appears the price was correct, but even if it wasn't a mistake i would have done the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I got the last one on the shelf in hmv grafton st. I then went to GameStop and apologised on behalf of the gaming community for RD's behaviour. But thanks for the BA RD!

• Advertisement

sweetie wrote: »
    I got the last one on the shelf in hmv grafton st. I then went to GameStop and apologised on behalf of the gaming community for RD's behaviour. But thanks for the BA RD!

I dont feel embarrased, but i do accept i was rude to the Gamestop staff....but i was just pissed and couldnt understand the price difference. I wanted to brag....but in doing so, yeah...i've alerted them to the error :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

noodler wrote: »
    Fcuking brilliant - priceless!

(A few reviews compared them to the previous model and said it wouldn't really be worth an upgrade if you have them for those of you who might be wondering).

Saw that in the review too. I really like the older model ones tbh and use them a good bit when playing with other boardsies.

These ones do look nicer but I'll be sticking with the other ones for now

Good bargain alright though I'm not going to open the headphone debate here. :rolleyes: There are plenty of other posts on this if anyone is interested in the Home Audio section.

However, it sounds like you walked out like something else which also has 4 letters to me. GAME and HMV are owned by the same parent company. Even if they weren't I would imagine the manager of GAME having a quiet word with the manager of HMV asking about the pricing. What will likely happen as a result of your display is HMV will amend the price of their obvious pricing error to €160. So you've possibly ruined it for everyone else. Could you not have perhaps said nothing and just posted the offer/misprice?

I accept that this is what i've most likely done....i should have said nothing and just posted here. I apologise to Boardsies...... :(

I dont feel embarrased, but i do accept i was rude to the Gamestop staff....but i was just pissed and couldnt understand the price difference. I wanted to brag....but in doing so, yeah...i've alerted them to the error :o

Maybe say sorry to the girl in GAME? Just a thought......

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

I accept that this is what i've most likely done....i should have said nothing and just posted here. I apologise to Boardsies...... :(

I will say this.

Fair play to you OP for answering every charge and criticism leveled against you. I can see this going on forever. You should just make a closing comment and walk away from the thread as this thing is going in circles now

That would alert them to the price....if i haven't already. I'll wait a few days and see if HMV have upped the prices....then i'll admit it was MHV who was in error, not Gamestop.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I think this will be the first great bargain alert that gets no "thanks". lol.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I think this will be the first great bargain alert that gets no "thanks". lol.

:o ...all i can say is....get in there today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,950 ✭✭✭dodzy

Like i said i couldnt understand how they could justify selling them for 160 Euros to customers while a few doors down it was 60, i was pissed as a consumer....thinking about others going into Game and spending 100 Euros extra.

Thank f**k you didnt see the Argos razor here a few weeks back for a shade over €30. You would have had a field day informing all the competition that they were overcharging, to a ridiculous extent in some cases ......:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Even if it wasnt a mistake i would have done the same and ranted, and bragged.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement