Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eminem - Slane 2013 - All discussion ***No ticket sales/swaps permitted***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

How was Yelawolf?

I missed him too but everyone I've asked told me he was brilliant.

Prodigious wrote: »
    Jay Z and Kanye had ZERO crowd interaction except for giving out to the cnut who threw a coin at them. Good gig but not half as good as Em IMO. Jay Z couldn't last the set, must have taken three breaks at least. Not to mention they were more than an hour late coming on.

You saw them on the Saturday, I saw them on the Friday. Sounds like their second night in The O2 wasn't as good as their first because the general consensus was that it was an absolutely incredible performance by both artists :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Jay Z and Kanye had ZERO crowd interaction except for giving out to the cnut who threw a coin at them. Good gig but not half as good as Em IMO. Jay Z couldn't last the set, must have taken three breaks at least. Not to mention they were more than an hour late coming on.

Jay Z and Kanye didn't get time for crowd interaction as they were busy singing a ****tón of music.

At the end of the we've paid to see them rap, not talk to us.

Anyone know why we got Plan B instead of Kendrick for this date of the tour?
    PrettyBoy wrote: »
    You saw them on the Saturday, I saw them on the Friday. Sounds like their second night in The O2 wasn't as good as their first because the general consensus was that it was an absolutely incredible performance by both artists :rolleyes:

I was there the Saturday and it was fantastic so dunno what gig this chap was at.

Also, Jay Zs breaks were while Kanye did his solo stuff, kanye went off while jay z did his solo stuff.

Both gigs were very good, no need to put one down to say the other was better.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I wasn't at the gig yesterday but that is an outrageous claim to make.

The WTT gig on the Friday was one of the best things I've ever seen. The only gig to match/surpass it was a Bruce Springsteen gig I was at a few weeks ago.

I'm not sure if you're messing when you say Jay couldn't last the set! He took breaks to allow Kanye perform his songs. And Kanye took breaks to allow Jay perform his songs.

Basically, it was choreographed perfectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Did you like how Bruce dedicated the whole Born To Run album to you on the sunday Jimmy? You looked like he made your day anyway :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

Don't think the Em concert was better than Jay Z and Kanye. 2 and a half hours of well performed awesome songs with a great atmosphere

Both gigs were very good, no need to put one down to say the other was better.

True, I was just humoring the poster that clearly wasn't impressed with their performance on the Saturday ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Perhaps I should rephrase: I enjoyed Eminem a lot more than Jay Z and Kanye
    True, I was just humoring the poster that clearly wasn't impressed with their performance on the Saturday

The performance wasn't bad at all, but there was truly no crowd interaction. Venue wasn't as good either.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

kryogen wrote: »
    Did you like how Bruce dedicated the whole Born To Run album to you on the sunday Jimmy? You looked like he made your day anyway :)

Haha I was listening to the concert from my bedroom and someone posted in the Bruce thread that it was dedicated to 'me'. I never even knew that I had produced that album. It was a bit of a shock to be honest :pac:.

True, I was just humoring the poster that clearly wasn't impressed with their performance on the Saturday ;)

Ah not you, I meant the eminem and Wtt gigs were both good!

I dunno why people try rank these things anyway, to an Eminem fan they would have enjoyed yesterday more than WTT, and if you're primarily a Kanye/JayZ fan it'll be the other way around.

I thought both were very enjoyable and worth the money for varying reasons.

• Advertisement

The performance wasn't bad at all, but there was truly no crowd interaction. Venue wasn't as good either.

TBH I much preferred the Watch The Throne set up with the raising platforms and brilliant visual effects. I also preferred the The O2 to the field in Slane as I didn't have to walk 2 hours from the bus to get to the venue and then do it again at the end of the night.

As for crowd interaction, Eminem's hype man did all the talking last night. Eminem muttered one or two sentences. It was Kanye's birthday on the Friday night and he talked to the crowd about how happy he was to be celebrating in Dublin and that Kim Kardashian bought him a new Lamborghini. At least Jay and Kanye gave the impression that they were happy to be there. Can't say the same for Marshall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭smurphy69

PLAN B - "Your all facking poor kants"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

smurphy69 wrote: »
    PLAN B - "Your all facking poor kants"

He called us cnuts about 3 or 4 times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

I've got a question and maybe someone can advise, I wasn't there but sold my tickets to a friend who went with a few others on a bus.

After getting the ticket scanned he had to leave after a while to get something from the bus (4 of them left). When they came back (after 15 mins) all 4 of them were refused entry and told they shouldn't have left because the policy was to not let anyone back in under any circumstances. Now apparently it didn't say this on any signs anywhere, and they weren't informed as they left or anything, just allowed to walk out and not come back in. Surely they could complain to someone and get something out of it? All 4 of them had to go and sit on the bus for the rest of the thing :(

The dude at the door said it says it on the ticket in the terms, which it doesn't, my friend asked him to show them this, he looked at the ticket for 5 mins, said he couldn't find it but "it was definitely there"!

• Site Banned Posts: 257 ✭✭Driveby Dogboy

in fairness it usually say that on the ticket somewhere, whats to stop some lad going out with 10 tickets, selling them on outside and headin back in? whats to stop 10 or 100 lads doing that?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,459 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I think that is the rules as applies one dayers or non-camping festivals, that you can't leave the venue once your in.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Yeah looking at the ticket now and it does actually say "This barcode allows only one entry per scan" in tiny writing. If I was reading that on the day though I'd take it as one person per ticket but I guess they've covered themselves. It's fairly terrible though that they weren't even warned by the staff that they wouldn't get back in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Was my first concert my review is that it was a very young crowd and was more of a drinking session for most of them was a alot of scummers there always felt slightly on edge.
    Plan b looked like a bit deflated that he didnt get the reactions that he gets england but the sad truth is alot of the crowd didnt know he was.
    Place was buzzing when eminem was on and he played alot of his oldies thankgod even if they were half songs.
    He showed little love for the crowd with next to no interaction was a just get the job done performance imo.
    Was great seeing him though:)
    Traffic was a disaster i dont think id ever go to an outside concert again to be honest its just too messy.
    Needed another big name supporting act i think chase and status would of ripped the place apart. As much as i think plan b is very talented he didnt do the job to be fair.

Was my first concert my review is that it was a very young crowd and was more of a drinking session for most of them was a alot of scummers there always felt slightly on edge.
    Plan b looked like a bit deflated that he didnt get the reactions that he gets england but the sad truth is alot of the crowd didnt know he was.
    Place was buzzing when eminem was on and he played alot of his oldies thankgod even if they were half songs.
    He showed little love for the crowd with next to no interaction was a just get the job done performance imo.
    Was great seeing him though:)
    Traffic was a disaster i dont think id ever go to an outside concert again to be honest its just too messy.
    Needed another big name supporting act i think chase and status would of ripped the place apart. As much as i think plan b is very talented he didnt do the job to be fair.

Plan b would have been grand for the gig if he spent more time rapping and less time singing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

So he only plays half songs? :confused:

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »

Yes - 1 verse for most of the songs, 2 verses for a few others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Plan b would have been grand for the gig if he spent more time rapping and less time singing.

Ya i agree he had great energy it just didnt click for some reason but maybe its just me being tired and cranky at that stage of evening

• Amazing I thought.

For me, probably the best performer of the day.
    dobman88 wrote: »
    Yelawolf ripped it up, I had never heard any of his songs before yesterday and I downloaded two albums today, unreal performer, should have been main support, had the crowd rocking
    He was the highlight of all the support acts :D

Ta folks.

Yelawolf is an animal. Was he on for long?

Ya i agree he had great energy it just didnt click for some reason but maybe its just me being tired and cranky at that stage of evening

No I do agree with you that it didn't work out at all, I think they would have been better doing predominantly rap but even then I'd have preferred Kendrick a thousand times over!

• He showed little love for the crowd with next to no interaction was a just get the job done performance imo.

Mainly why I didn't go. He's notorious for not enjoying tours. Someone mentioned it in an interview a few years back, possibly Fiddy.

75 minutes is enormously skimpy.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

SantryRed wrote: »
    Yes - 1 verse for most of the songs, 2 verses for a few others.

yiRJfLu.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 495 ✭✭bootybouncer

A Mime session if ever I heard one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

A Mime session if ever I heard one

fcuk sake, that's bad if he mimed, these super rich artists make their money by constantly going on about being real and never faking out etc...today's hip hop has been destroyed by the obsession with consumerism in the lyrics.

I've stopped listening to all hip hop that came after Public Enemy, you won't find Chuck D miming...at least I hope not :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

Eminem was amazin had the time of me life! he is a legend and the best rapper in history imp i love him to death! thought he was fantastic the support acts were sh**e though. cant believe what plan b said. Eminem droped him for the rest of his tour. Nice 1 Marshall!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Prodgey

xXxkorixXx wrote: »
    Eminem was amazin had the time of me life! he is a legend and the best rapper in history imp i love him to death! thought he was fantastic the support acts were sh**e though. cant believe what plan b said. Eminem droped him for the rest of his tour. Nice 1 Marshall!

What'd he say?

Advertisement