Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Cup!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

My opponent is ahead of me in top 25k while I'm in top 50k. Doubt your opponent is determined by your overall position then. Looking at his team I think I'll beat him anyway unless Hazard and/or Suarez score very well this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

My opponent is a zombie with RVP as captain. If I captain him too, I'm almost guaranteed a win, but basing my choice on the cup doesn't seem sensible (Tevez capn btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm playing an inactive player who has Ameobi as captain. He's been getting two points from him nearly every week and of course the week he plays me the guy goes and scores.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

I'm playing an inactive player who has Ameobi as captain. He's been getting two points from him nearly every week and of course the week he plays me the guy goes and scores.

He got a soft yellow too so at least its some consolation to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,499 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

KevIRL wrote: »
    Team I'm up against in the cup....

Reina(vc)
    Vermalen, A Ferdinand, Risse, BAE (Kompany)
    Lucas, Sess, Felliani, Duff (A Johnson)
    Borini (c), Podolski (Jelavic)

Bet I'll still contrive to lose to that

Haha, As things stand, once his captaincy switches to Reina and subs come on, I am 10 points behind with my RVP (c), Michu and Ben Davies to play. Could well go out yet :pac:

edit - make that 12. Reina has picked up a save point

• Advertisement

Suarez goal puts a better look to my cup tie

My Team:

?di=14135620792011

My Zombie opponents team:
    ?di=16135620802014

Definitely out of the cup. If i have the foresight to play Cuellar and not taking the 8 point hit then maybe a chance but as it stands "I'm outta here"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I'm sure ye've all been on tendrhooks and will be happy to now know that Swiper will be marching on in the cup, I'm 14 points up and my opponent only has Michu to play who I also have but I have Van Persie and Mata also, I'm sure it's mathematically possible to lose but very unlikely:p:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

The guy I'm playing is 9 behind, we both have Michu tomorrow and then I have RVP, he has Rooney. Squeaky bum time!!!

I see that he also took a hit this week, so -4 to be taken off his tally. At least I think so!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I'm on 33, he's on 18

He has Mata, Michu, Van Persie yet to play, his captain has played (tevez)

Me then, I have RVP as captain , Ashley cole and Michu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

im on 22
    hes on 37

Hes got hazard(c)
    I've got ivanovic,VP and Michu.

Need VP and michu to go absolutely mental tomorrow and bail me out ;)

and a chelski clean sheet ;)

and hazard not to do anything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

I'm on 37 points with Mata, Michu and RVP to play.
    My opponent is on 37 with Ivanovic, Michu and RVP.
    Gonna be a close one from the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭amber69

I'm 1 point ahead of mine we both have michu he has lowton I've RVP. He's about 300 points behind me overall. Funny old game!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,273 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

My tie is all square at 29 points each. We both have 2 playing today: we both have Michu, and he has captained Rooney, I've captained RVP! So it's a straight shoot out! I could easily be out this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Squeaky bum time I have 41 pts he has 29 with all my lads having played.
    He needs Hazard and A. Cole to get 12 pts to win.
    Come on Villa !

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I need Hazard to have a quiet game aswell. My opponent is 10 points behind me with the Belgian captained.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Down by a point but she has only Hazard left and I have Cech and Mata.

Going to be close!

Safely through

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I'm on 44, opponent's on 24

I have just Mata to play, he has Luiz, Hazard and Bennett.. I'm a bit worried

• Registered Users Posts: 4,273 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

My tie is all square at 29 points each. We both have 2 playing today: we both have Michu, and he has captained Rooney, I've captained RVP! So it's a straight shoot out! I could easily be out this week!

Well that should be me through (unless something really werid happen with bonuses).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Damn. Going out after Ivanovic scored. Was 7 points ahead but even if they concede now I'll be gone (barring some incredible bonus points which is unlikely).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I'm on 44, opponent's on 24

I have just Mata to play, he has Luiz, Hazard and Bennett.. I'm a bit worried

I'm out if Mata gets 2 points.. shocking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Need Mata to do something to have any hope of going through against a shocking team .

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭blockedPaT

I'm on 42, my opponent's oppents on 26 who only had 6 players playing this week, his captain wasn't but he has Gerrard as VC who'll now be captain :( and Moses still playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,133 ✭✭✭✭km79

My opponent has a front line of Ameobi and Holt. Rooney was a sub :@ his captain is .......Evra :( I'm ahead 51 to 48 . All players have played so now it's down to bonus points .....evra will proablly get some but so should my captain Silva

If the chelsea game stays as is then I will go through on goals scored (4-2). Shocking!!!

Completely forgot about BPs. :D
    Looking like a good week in spite of my own stupidity

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

safely through against a zombie team.....that still had aguero as captain alongside rooney and ba upfront so wasn't a for gone conclusion.

Jax Teller wrote: »
    Need Mata to do something to have any hope of going through against a shocking team .

He got an assist

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Very Squeaky Bum Time. I have 39 points pre bonus, opponent has 31 points, 8 on the bench, pre bonus.

:eek:

• Advertisement

Points average seem to be low this week

Advertisement