Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooking Club 2013 - No Longer Accepting Sign-Ups!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I'd like to sign up please :D probably the first couple of months of the year are bad for me though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

I'll sign up. Cant do September. I'll take the first week if nobody else wants too :)

BTW, it doesnt have to be a recipe that we have made up completely ourselves does it? It can be a favourite recipe from a book or one that we have adapted?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

.o/

:)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

WreckinBar wrote: »
    I'd be happy to give this a bash from my 6ft x 6ft college kitchen! I've been making a good few of the recipes here (the 2010 carbonara is a favourite) but not posting as much as I'd like to.

Hi WreckinBar,

As you can see in my post above, we don't accept sign-ups from posters with less than 100 posts. This is due to a huge drop out rate in previous years, because these posters are most likely to forget they've signed up, or to stop using boards in the interim.

We'd love if you'd post in the Random Recipe thread instead though!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,749 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

For those who 'Thanked' my post above - please clarify...
    Were you glad that I offered to go on a 'stand-by' list?
    Or
    Are you sick of my Swiss recipes?

Depending on your answers, your posting priveleges may be revoked. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Or

I thanked you because I was hoping that you'd make a Toblerone this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

I want in!

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭LaChatteGitane

Or

Maybe both !:p

In all seriousness Swiss cuisine is little known to me (except for cheese fondue and my yearly christmas eve raclette), so I am happy with your Swiss offerings. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,749 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Acceptable answers, thank you. :p

* puts banhammer back on shelf *

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Dang, why do I always miss this thread for the first few days!? :(

Sign me up if you still have space please! 1st week in January might be tricky for me but any other time is good. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

I'd like to do it again this year....might even do another breakfast related dish following the success of the pancakes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I'd like to sign up for this as well please!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Can you add me too please??

I followed a lot of the recipies in CC 2012 and would love the chance to give back.

Wow, space is filling up very quickly this year! Including me, we're now at 38 sign-ups and we usually have 48 slots. So 10 more spaces, or possibly 12 if I bump myself and tHB onto a reserve list :).

I'll post this again when we have a schedule, but if you want to post up your recipe before your date, that's absolutely fine. You can start submitting them now, if you like! Once you post it, just report it and ask for it to be deleted ASAP - we'll soft delete the thread and revive it when your week comes around.

This will hopefully make it easier for people to contribute :).

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'll do one.... count me in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Sign me up please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Me too, please!

Time to give after all the taking (of recipes) I've done ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I'm in! Thai soup or pizza? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Ooh!! Ooh!! Me too! I'm in again! I've a few newly learned South African dishes that I'd love to share
    !!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Yes, please. Any month is OK. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I've no problem going on the reserve list too. I can put up the recipe and delete until required, probably a little handier for the mods to do so and leave spaces for others :)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Me please, if there is still room!

We're at 45 now (including Neyite), so there's 3 definite spaces left and 3 potential spaces :).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Faith wrote: »
    We're at 45 now (including Neyite), so there's 3 definite spaces left and 3 potential spaces :).
    Me please loved it this year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

I'd like a go again please!

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

I'd like to give it a try this year.
    If you have enough people you can put me on a reserve list if someone drops out. A few days notice would be appreciated though.

One thing I'd like to point out if I'm scheduled, I'm on GMT-8, so it may seem like I'm posting late but I'm not!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,021 ✭✭✭applehunter

Chalk me down again.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 magoko101

Count me in please.
    Regular reader... Not so regular poster.

magoko101 wrote: »
    Count me in please.
    Regular reader... Not so regular poster.

Hi magoko101,

As I've already mentioned twice on this thread now, we don't accept sign-ups from people with less than 100 posts. We'd love if you'd post your recipes in the Random Recipe thread instead, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 magoko101

Faith wrote: »

Hi magoko101,

As I've already mentioned twice on this thread now, we don't accept sign-ups from people with less than 100 posts. We'd love if you'd post your recipes in the Random Recipe thread instead, though.
    No problemo... Will get my post count up for next year. Thanks.

Advertisement