Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooking Club 2013 - No Longer Accepting Sign-Ups!

Options
  • 11-12-2012 1:22pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The time has come to sign up for next year's cooking club. Post below to secure your place (We will take approximately 48 sign-ups)! \o/

Here are a few things you might need to know:

1a. If you sign up, you be given a date that you must post a recipe on. The date will fall on a Friday. Please be prepared and have your recipe ready by this date. Please do not sign up if you are not serious about submitting a recipe.
    1b. Chances are, you will receive a reminder PM a few weeks before you are due to post your recipe. You must reply to this PM and confirm that you will still be taking part. Otherwise, your slot may be given away.
    1c. If you cannot take part on your allotted date for a foreseen reason, it is imperative that you contact the moderators in advance to let us know. A huge amount of work goes into the Cooking Club, and it is enormously frustrating when someone fails to post without good reason.
    1d. If you fail to post a recipe without letting us know why, a 2-week ban may result. Of course, we understand that sometimes things happen unexpectedly to prevent you from posting, so we will use our discretion here.

2. Pictures are NOT required. They're nice, but they're in no way essential.

3. The choice of recipe is entirely up to you. It can anything you like, as long as you think others will enjoy it. Some recipes get an unexpectedly large response, others get very few replies. Please don't be disheartened if your recipe doesn't generate a huge response. Often, people are making it without posting about it. Lack of replies don't mean your recipe was a failure!

4a. We have a Random Recipe thread. If you don't sign up in time, or if you have extra recipes you'd like to submit, we strongly encourage you to post them to the Random Recipes thread.

4b. For this year, in the event of drop-outs, we will select a recipe from the Random Recipes thread and move it to its own thread, to act as that week's recipe. If you DON'T want us to use your recipe in this way, please let us know.

5. As usual, we will only accept sign-ups from posters who have a total postcount of more than 100 posts (or who can demonstrate a strong posting history in the Food & Drink forums under a previous closed account - PM the moderators for this). We will use our discretion with sign-ups where the poster has no history of posting here. We do this to minimise the number of people signing up and then forgetting about it or not wanting to take part a few months later.

6. Finally, if there's a particular time of year that you'd prefer to post, or a time that really doesn't suit you, please let us know with your sign-up post :). OR if you're brave enough to be the first poster of the year in early January, please post it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

i would like to sign up please, February would suit me best if possible!

Please sign me up for this. I'd prefer it around March/April if possible. Still unsure what I'll cook but I'll do some research before this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Me please. Whenever is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I'd love to :) Preferably not the last week in January - through February as I have college projects due around then but other than that I'm good

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭LaChatteGitane

You can count me in. Before beginning of March or after the big move from May onward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

Sign me up please!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I'm in!
    Faith wrote: »
    4b. For this year, in the event of drop-outs, we will select a recipe from the Random Recipes thread and move it to its own thread, to act as that week's recipe. If you DON'T want us to use your recipe in this way, please let us know.

Good idea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Sign me up! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Me please. I know I pulled out very last minute before - but as you'll see from my post in the feedback on cooking club thread I have everything back under control, a kitchen and some time etc now so can guarantee a recipe. I would prefer anytime after 1st March as work is manic until then, please and thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Me please! Months that don't suit me are March, July, September... any other time is fine. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

I'll give it a try this year, not sure what I'd cook yet but will have fun trying to decide

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭RoseBlossom

I'll also throw my hat into the ring next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I'm in, whenever is good for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

I'll give it a go! Anytime from February on would be fine:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Me please! :) Anytime in the second half of the year would be ideal!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Add me please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

I'd love to be included. I wouldn't be organised before the end of January but any other time would be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,130 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I'm in this year

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I'm in again and anytime suits me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

I'm in, won't be avalible until August tho, any time after that is fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,756 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hi Faith - I'm in too. Should the weeks be over-subscribed you can put me on a 'reserve' list.

I promise not to do another Swiss dish this year. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Howdy ho that's me signing up for duty :) Can't wait. No way I want to go first or anything though. Let a few go before me, give me time to ease into it :P Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 24 WreckinBar

I'd be happy to give this a bash from my 6ft x 6ft college kitchen! I've been making a good few of the recipes here (the 2010 carbonara is a favourite) but not posting as much as I'd like to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

I promise not to do another Swiss dish this year :o

Awww but swiss food looks tasty.

Also, Me please, twas good fun this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

Me please!!

Anytime is good! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,543 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Moi aussi. Anytime really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

Me please.

Anytime. Chef living in Berlin and would love to share some of my recipes with you all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I'm in, and happy to do week 1 if needs be. Otherwise, any time other than the last two weeks in June/first two weeks in July is fine.

Thanks Faith!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Galwaymother

Me please! Daily lurker and well-seasoned cook... From France so could post a French speciality. Not during July or August as I'll be gone. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭pts

I'd like to sign up too. I've been very busy this year, but hope to be more active in the forum in 2013. I can probably do a recipe from March onwards (or earlier than that if necessary).

Advertisement