Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Coal

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭lanber man

theres a €10 delivery charge.
    Was burning the coal tonight and its like any other polish coal good flames off it at the start for a while and then it just glows for hours and hours. Good heat off it too, doubt there will be a high ash content but I wont know until its fully burnt down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭podge3

I just ordered a ton from the same guy, with delivery on Thursday or Friday. I'll post back with my opinion also.

podge3 wrote: »
    I just ordered a ton from the same guy, with delivery on Thursday or Friday. I'll post back with my opinion also.
    I've been trying to contact this guy about my delivery for the past few days to firm up on a delivery time.

I finally got a reply tonight saying that I won't be getting the delivery at all. Maybe next week........

Yeah, delivering coal on Christmas week :rolleyes:

So anyhoo, I'll now have to try and organise the delivery of a ton of coal before Christmas. I'll be going back to a reliable local supplier. Sometimes you need to look past what appears to be a "bargain".

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I've been trying to contact this guy about my delivery for the past few days to firm up on a delivery time.

I finally got a reply tonight saying that I won't be getting the delivery at all. Maybe next week........

Yeah, delivering coal on Christmas week :rolleyes:

So anyhoo, I'll now have to try and organise the delivery of a ton of coal before Christmas. I'll be going back to a reliable local supplier. Sometimes you need to look past what appears to be a "bargain".

What a clown, what was the reason given?

vicwatson wrote: »
    What a clown, what was the reason given?
    Said his "trailer was full" :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Said his "trailer was full" :rolleyes:

And he couldn't contact you to advise you? Some way of doing business. Sigh.

vicwatson wrote: »
    And he couldn't contact you to advise you? Some way of doing business. Sigh.
    Nope, finally responded after numerous emails, texts and failed attempts at telephone contact. You need a reliable supplier for coal/fuel and I will not be trying this guy again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Sounds like another of those fly-by-night guys. Maybe his trailer was full but he wouldn't even tell you let alone try to arrange a courier or something.
    You see these fellas popping up every Winter but try and contact them when Spring comes around and they don't want to know you.

Advertisement