Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Coal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Is it true that the smokeless coal doesn't generate as much heat (In open fire) as the polish premium?
    I want to try smokeless but don't want to waste money

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭lanber man

well got the delivery this morning. 1 tonne of 20 kg bags of black diamond polish coal for 280. good value in my opinion. in relation to not getting calls back i think he makes a three day trip down delivering the coal so he probably turns his normal phone off. i can give u an irish number via pm if youd like.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

well got the delivery this morning. 1 tonne of 20 kg bags of black diamond polish coal for 280. good value in my opinion. in relation to not getting calls back i think he makes a three day trip down delivering the coal so he probably turns his normal phone off. i can give u an irish number via pm if youd like.

Lets know how this BD Polish burns will ya? (if its first time buying it)

Ta

I got a sample before and burnt good enough. This will be the real test though. I'll be sure to report back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭chasm

If you could pm me the number id appreciate it, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭TPM

Bid it say black diamond on the bag?

yep said black diamond polish coal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

yep said black diamond polish coal

Sorry, but can I get the exact wording on the bag or a picture please?

Example, is it a Bord na Mona bag?

i cant get a picture now. ill try and get one tomorrow if i remember. could be a rip off black diamond

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Lads and lasses,,please remember that some coal is not suitable for use in a stove and can cause damage and void a stoves warrenty too.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

paddy147 wrote: »
    Lads and lasses,,please remember that some coal is not suitable for use in a stove and can cause damage and void a stoves warrenty too.

can you expand on this please mate?

i just got a stove fitted yesterday and dont want to ruin it

only certain coal is suitable for a stove and only certain types are sutable for open fires. look at the link i posted and thats a bord na mona guide to their stuff on which should be used in what

Im using BnM/Black Diamond CosyGlo Gems in my Stovax Stove.

I burn a mixture of Estonian briquettes and BnM briquettes,logs (from several large fell trees that I aqquired for free) and coal in the stove.

Fantastic heat from the Gems coal and long lasting too.:)

you're some man for the pictures paddy

can you expand on this please mate?

i just got a stove fitted yesterday and dont want to ruin it

Exactly what Bargainhunt has just said.

Certain types of coal cant be used in a stove/closed applience as it causes a nasty tar build up,can cause the stove and its parts to fail and also voids the stove makers warranty.

Have a look at the BnM website and also read the stove booklet/manual that came with your stove too.;)

http://www.bordnamonafuels.ie/usage-guide

you're some man for the pictures paddy

What can I say????:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

What can I say????:D

God help your kids at 21st and weddings I bet you have all the embarassing photos :-p

paddyp wrote: »
    Go help your kids at 21st and weddings I bet you have all the embarassing photos :-p

Im not old enough to have teenage kids yet,as Im only 34.

But thats where I draw the line......I dont and wont ever put up pictures of my family or family members.My family and our family life is private.

Theres only so much I will show and post on an internet forum.:)

fairly sure thats not what he meant. i thought he just meant like at their 21st you'd show all the embarrising to anyone there. obviously not on an internet forum. could be wrong though

• Advertisement

fairly sure thats not what he meant. i thought he just meant like at their 21st you'd show all the embarrising to anyone there. obviously not on an internet forum. could be wrong though

Any photos that I might take get the approval of the family member in question 1st.

They are the 1st person to see it,after me of course.:D

Anyway.......

Goodnight folks.

Time to turn down the stove to slow burn/overnight mode and toddle off upstairs to bed.

Regards.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ImSanta

Don't be nice and get coal for free!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Im using BnM/Black Diamond CosyGlo Gems in my Stovax Stove.

I burn a mixture of Estonian briquettes and BnM briquettes,logs (from several large fell trees that I aqquired for free) and coal in the stove.

Fantastic heat from the Gems coal and long lasting too.:)

Yer well stocked up there! :eek: - i guess you're a doomsday preper. The logs are the biz for burning and flame, what is the stuff in the last pic?....briquettes?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Im not old enough to have teenage kids yet,as Im only 34.

Eh, yes you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Can I ask why you it cost you €280 when it's advertised for €270?

Yer well stocked up there! :eek: - i guess you're a doomsday preper. The logs are the biz for burning and flame, what is the stuff in the last pic?....briquettes?

184 bales of Estonian briquettes,,worked out at 2 euro 17 cents per bale.

Nah not a doomdayer....(im not that bonkers yet..:pac:)....just like to keep a good stock of fuel in the garage for the stove.:)

...."better to be looking at it,than looking for it"....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭mickydcork

Exactly what Bargainhunt has just said.

Certain types of coal cant be used in a stove/closed applience as it causes a nasty tar build up,can cause the stove and its parts to fail and also voids the stove makers warranty.

Have a look at the BnM website and also read the stove booklet/manual that came with your stove too.;)

H Paddy

Where do you get the 40kg bags of Cosy glo gems?

I get 20kg bags in woodies.

I find them great in the stove too. I get the stove up to temperature with wood and then I shovel in the gems. They last ages, producing a nice heat.

Only thing is they produce a few cinders. Do you find that?

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭SeamusFX

I live in the country is there any advantage to smokeless coal?

• Advertisement

mickydcork wrote: »
    H Paddy

Where do you get the 40kg bags of Cosy glo gems?

I get 20kg bags in woodies.

I find them great in the stove too. I get the stove up to temperature with wood and then I shovel in the gems. They last ages, producing a nice heat.

Only thing is they produce a few cinders. Do you find that?

Eddies Fuel Depot in Dublin 13 (hole in the wall road)

It says on the bag that you may get some cinders,and I have had a few small sparks and cinders in my stove.

But the great heat and long burn time more than makes up for that.:D

Advertisement