Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attaching TV bracket to 50mm plasterboard

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Odelay wrote: »
    Ok, I'm a lurker here, but lets just say I have more training in using hand tools, none of your fancy skill saws, electric planers, dove-tail machines or mechanised morticers than you can dream about. I use hand tools, I can flatten, sharpen and hone in my sleep.

I have always been admired by three of Fergals trails
    1. He will always offer help and advice, if he don't know he will suggest someone.
    2. He is always on here, how someone with a boat business (am i right here) has time to post so quickly, I don't know.
    3. The quality of that build, well what I can you say, If he can level and fit on water then he can easily do it on land.

Regarding the tv, I'm sure other constraints were in mind, like allowing room for a new tv, access to hmdi, internal dvd and the shape of the tv -they ain't exactly square anymore.

As for a 1mm space around a tv on a plastered wall, and then talk about ventelation well..........

Nice post Fergal and wish you fair weather over the Christmas and New Year. keep up your excellent work, I appreciate it and have lots to learn from you.

I had a couple of dealings with fergal myself 2 years ago, to do with a small project I had done for someone. He made a small, but brilliant suggestion, and we took it up. And what a difference it made.

I would certainly be of the opinion, that anyone that can build a boat to that standard, would very likely have the skills and knowledge to put up a tv bracket in a structurally sound way. And structurally/mechanically sound is the absolute main factor. The cosmetic aspect is down to taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭dodzy

@ Morph, paddy,odelay,robbie,ferg, happy Xmas to you all and yours. Have a great day :)

Advertisement