Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iTunes 11 now available

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Xavi6 wrote: »
    The whole podcasts set up is horrible, massive downside to the new version.

I find it an enormous improvement, as is the Podcasts App.

Suas11 wrote: »
    I've updated to iTunes 11 but whenever I try to search for a song it brings up results in the library and not my actual iPod. Does anyone know if there's anyway to get around this?

Search on the actual iPod itself ?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭robclay26

Anybody have problems installing the Itunes 11 and getting lots of errors? Im using wndows 7, uninstalled everything and yet itunes wont work properly!
    error 42404

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Might be my mind playing tricks on me and totally unrelated but is anyone getting the beach ball of death a lot more when using 11?

Edit - I have another question re 11. Is there anyway to stop the music library defaulting back to 'A' when you move away from music momentarily? If I'm viewing the screen with my albums or artists (it seems to be the same) and am for example looking at an album by led Zeppelin, if I go and look at the podcast library or movies library or whatever, when I go back into music, it has gone back to the top of my library and all my artists/albums beginning with A

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Edit - I have another question re 11. Is there anyway to stop the music library defaulting back to 'A' when you move away from music momentarily? If I'm viewing the screen with my albums or artists (it seems to be the same) and am for example looking at an album by led Zeppelin, if I go and look at the podcast library or movies library or whatever, when I go back into music, it has gone back to the top of my library and all my artists/albums beginning with A

There's quite a bit of bugginess here that needs to be fixed. Generally I've found that if a track is selected, you can switch between Song, Artists, Album and Genre view without losing your position. But switching to Playlists or another section will throw you back to the top of your library. And don't even bother trying to browse Compilations in Artists view - a track change is enough to cause you to reset your position.

I'm confident most of these issues will be sorted in the first or second update.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Thats the most annoying thing for me...changing sections for a few seconds and going back to where you were browsing and finding yourself at the top again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

Anybody having a problem with their device being recognised when they try to sync
    Mine goes through the steps but fails around step 4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Word of warning, since upgrading to IOS 6/ iTunes 11 on both iPhone & iPad I've been unable to playback music stored in iCloud. Ended up having to set my iPad up again (restore as new) although there is meant to be a fix where you basically delete certain iTunes files. To do this however you need to have a programe like iExplorer installed. Anyway, will be trying this on my iPhone late as I really DO NOT want to restore this as a new device. Tis a right pain in the arse I tell ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Weird issue I'm having is that Play Counts don't seem to be registering, so if I add a new song to the Library and play it from start to finish it still displays 0 plays.

Methinks Apple have rushed this prematurely, possibly with an eye on the Christmas market.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,421 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I really hate itunes 11 with a passion..its like Scott Forstall decided to design it to fúck over Apple after they fired him.
    I'd compare it to Windows 8 GUI...equally as bad.
    Any way to set it back to the old view?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭brophs

Anyone else finding that their scroll bar is off the right side of the screen? I'm on Windows 7 64 bit. Looking around on the net there seems to be a couple of workarounds, neither of which is perfect.

I'm on Win7 64 also and the window wont sit right for me either when maximized. Status bar is hiding behind Windows task bar and scroll bar hidden off screen. Awful design.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,911 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Will try that later.

Worked a charm. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,911 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Has anyone discovered keyboard shortcuts for switching between views (album, songs, artists, etc)?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

any ideas on how to go back to the old itunes
    this is a ****ing abortion.

bucks73 wrote: »
    I'm on Win7 64 also and the window wont sit right for me either when maximized. Status bar is hiding behind Windows task bar and scroll bar hidden off screen. Awful design.

I saw this too. Another thing I noticed before I went back was that when I tried to restore the mini player back from the taskbar, it wouldn't restore in a maximised state and would always appear in the background.

any ideas on how to go back to the old itunes
    this is a ****ing abortion.

I don't know how you can go back but you can change the views and make it look almost the same as it used to be. That's what I've done although I do miss having the 'album art' option in the bottom left of the sidebar.

• Advertisement

On Windows you can go back if you have a backup of the library from before the update. It should be in the "~\Music\iTunes\Previous iTunes Libraries" folder. You could, of course, just create a new library with 10.7 and import your stuff again, but I figure that could mess up a synchronised iPhone or iPod.

On Mac it's a different kettle of fish, I hear there's a lot of fiddling involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Apple just released an update (11.0.1) for iTunes 11. Fixes a few bugs such as the Airplay button disappearing but it also adds the 'Show Duplicates' option back.

Available via the Mac App Store.

DubDJ wrote: »
    Apple just released an update (11.0.1) for iTunes 11. Fixes a few bugs such as the Airplay button disappearing but it also adds the 'Show Duplicates' option back.

Available via the Mac App Store.

Unfortunately they didn't fix the bug that defaults the views back to the top of your library every time you change from music to podcasts or movies and back etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭shanec1928

anybody having issues playing music that is not selected to be synced onto a device? i.e. say if i go to artist and select shuffle beside their name it will only play the checked songs and not the others.

shanec1928 wrote: »
    anybody having issues playing music that is not selected to be synced onto a device? i.e. say if i go to artist and select shuffle beside their name it will only play the checked songs and not the others.

Unchecked songs don't play. This was always the case. That's what the checkbox is for, not syncing, though you've obviously set it up that way. The best way to sync music with a device is by syncing to a playlist.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

I've an issue where it appears that iTunes is changing a tracks genre from my custom genre back to the original one. It doesn't happen to all tracks but enough to annoy me. Any ideas?

Unchecked songs don't play. This was always the case. That's what the checkbox is for, not syncing, though you've obviously set it up that way. The best way to sync music with a device is by syncing to a playlist.

The checkboxes are not for that purpose. You are not operating the sync system correctly.

Advertisement