Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iTunes 11 now available

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

I like it, I have iTunes match and have had no problems with 11. It's a much cleaner presentation, and looks much better when viewed on a TV from a couch. Few things I'm still trying to figure out, I can't seem to change the sort order.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mr. JoeCool

I've gone back to having the sidebar and status bar anyway.

The big down side to 11 for me (unless I'm missing something obvious of course) is that it's not as simple as it used to be to manually add artwork to an album if it isn't in Apple's database. In the old versions you could just copy and paste an image from Google or wherever in the album view on the sidebar and could do whole albums in one go. Now you can't copy and paste but have to go into the 'get info' section and add the artwork from a file on your computer. And you have to do it individually for each song. Total pain!
    Im on mac but works on windows as well, copy the image from the web and then in itunes hold shift and select the tracks you want to add artwork to, then cmd-i to bring up the get info window and the copy the image in the artwork pane cmd-v

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

it's a UX diaster tbh, I have to move my pointer all the time now as everything is in opposite corners. as before everything was in the sidebar easy accessible.

now i know you can get the sidebar back but i don't particularly want to, apple should know better
    Keyboard shortcuts FTW.

http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20121129123027203

I hated the old sidebar and am delighted I don't have to look at it anymore. I spend most of my time in the music section and there's no need to have playlists always visible.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,910 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭shanec1928

directed at mac users ...

just wondering is it just me or does the play button on f8 no longer start iTunes and play music. where as now you have to manually open the app and then these features work.

**never mind its working again**

• Advertisement

F8 still launching itunes for me, do they still work in itunes? Try opening itunes in another account with f8 if that doesn't work try resetting the PRAM.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Anybody have the option to scan iTunes cards via the camera? Think it's US only as it's not available on mine.

Nope, it's only available to u.s accounts for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Have to say I love the new mini player with the up next feature. Have it off to the side of my screen and now I can always see what's playing without having to bring up the main iTunes window.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,421 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Keyboard shortcuts FTW.

http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20121129123027203

I hated the old sidebar and am delighted I don't have to look at it anymore. I spend most of my time in the music section and there's no need to have playlists always visible.

I hate it on the other hand..I live having everything all laid out by default and if I don't like anything showing well I can just remove it..
    After I just synced my nano I was looking for the eject button but I had navigated to my library..after spending about 20 secs had a look around I said to hell with it and just unplugged it..it's nearly as bad as the windows 8 UI.. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

You must manually manage your music or have disk use enabled because I never have to manually eject a device. I can understand the need for the sidebar in that instance.

I really don't like it.

Nothing to do with fear of change, just that some things that I did before aren't as easy as they used to be. Example being, sometimes when I search for a song using the list box in the top corner. Earlier versions would filter the list by the keyword. However in the new one, you get a Spotlight-style popup and if the song you want isn't in the list, you have to click on "10 more" or whatever to rummage through them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

These days I mainly use iTunes to get content onto my Apple TV3 (oh how I long for a jailbreak)

Anyway I was trying to add a couple of TV shows to itunes after the update and it goes through the motions but the shows then don't appear

Anyone having similar problems? Am I just doing something stupid, go to File> Add File to Library> navigate to file and click ok?

Also there used to be a add folder to library option as well as the add file to library option but this appears to have gone as well

• Registered Users Posts: 10,490 ✭✭✭✭guil

Am I blind or is the show duplicates option gone

Sometimes when you add files it adds them to the library rather than the movies section. Have you tried searching the files? If you find it just click 'get info' for the file and change it to TV Show.

And yes the show duplicates option was removed from iTunes 11 for some unknown reason.

DubDJ wrote: »
    Sometimes when you add files it adds them to the library rather than the movies section. Have you tried searching the files? If you find it just click 'get info' for the file and change it to TV Show.

That might explain it

Will look into that when I get home, never thought to do that before (think it happened to me with one show before and I wrote it off a a glitch)

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Not liking it so far, if it ain't broke...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

cant believe i downloaded this crock of ****.

can i download the old one and go back?

cover flow gone?

i cant make the album tiles smaller. it fits **** all albums on the screen now.
    some of the song names are unreadable due to the font matching the album colours.

album artwork hard to add.

if it aint broke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

They seem to have killed iTunes DJ and replaced it with 'Up Next' which is very much a step backwards IMHO.

Don't mind navigating a new layout or whatever, but removing long-standing features is extremely frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Wow 11 is so much better now. The new style, layout and search is a huge improvement. I love the new listings, the iTunes store layout. Definitely a mega step forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

ITunes 11 = A Big Pile Of ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭robclay26

Any body know how to fix error One 42404? My itunes 11.0 has this and wont connect to the store.
    everything was grand with the previous itunes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Why are all the podcasts either failing to download or are downloading at dial -up speeds?

I had enough. Restored my library backup and am now back on 10.7.

Liamario wrote: »
    Why are all the podcasts either failing to download or are downloading at dial -up speeds?

I had this problem with the previous version of iTunes so it's not just iTunes 11. They download painfully slow and constantly fail. Usually it kicks off from the same point in the download but sometimes it had to restart. Very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

The whole podcasts set up is horrible, massive downside to the new version.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,846 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I've updated to iTunes 11 but whenever I try to search for a song it brings up results in the library and not my actual iPod. Does anyone know if there's anyway to get around this?

DubDJ wrote: »

And yes the show duplicates option was removed from iTunes 11 for some unknown reason.

They were showing up in the Home Videos section search didn't show them up, changed them to be films and all is well

Anyone know if there is anything I can do in advance to get them into the Film category as it can take a quite a while to update the tag in iTunes? Quite annoying as it worked fine on the old version

They were showing up in the Home Videos section search didn't show them up, changed them to be films and all is well

Anyone know if there is anything I can do in advance to get them into the Film category as it can take a quite a while to update the tag in iTunes? Quite annoying as it worked fine on the old version

It's something you wouldn't usually think of but I came across the same problem and sussed it out. I don't know if you able to change settings to automatically change the type of the file to movie. Think you have to just change them each time.

• Advertisement

Apparently Apple will add the 'Show Duplicates' option back with a minor update in the future. But will be leaving Coverflow out.

http://9to5mac.com/2012/12/04/itunes-11-will-soon-get-the-duplicate-song-detection-that-its-predecessors-had-but-dont-count-on-cover-flow/

Advertisement