Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50 Cent - My Life f/ Eminem & Adam Levine

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Have to agree, a professional fighter hits differently to a muscle bound guy.

50 may be big and appear to be powerful, but one shot (maybe 2) from a decent boxer would take him down.
    A boxer knows how to shift weight into a blow, where to hit and how to move their body instinctively at speed.
    A bodybuilder would not be used to being hit. From my bit of training, when I started out sparring, a blow to the head would have me ready to hit the deck. But after building up the appropriate muscle in my neck, and learning to absorb a hit, a blow to the head was just an inconvenience.

This is based purely on that 50 does weights for guns, not actually training like a pro boxer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

50 is not a bodybuilder though, just because your big and lift weights doesnt mean you are a bodybuilder... there are weight lifters and then bodybuilders theres a difference between the two. 50 has a boxing backround though its not as if he's a bogey acting hard like the typical gangsta rapper, he always trained with mayweathers camp etc in the build up to his fights too.

I also boxed when i was younger aswell before mma and have always maintained my boxing skills. If this was a boxing match yes mayweather would beat just about anyone in the world but like i said when it comes to an actual tussle between 2 people things are different i.e boxing vs mma debate (just google it). No one ever said this was a full on fight either, this was more than likely pushing and shoving etc a few slaps big deal, no one was hurt badly if they were it would of leaked out to the media easily.

Any average joe can knock out a pro... thats what one my trainers drilled into us. The fella who competes and thinks he's the man only to go out and get k.o'd by a regular guy one saturday night, trust me iv seen it happen. Try taking a punch from a guy a couple of stone heavier than you too, you can be as fast and agile as you want but trust me there's every chance you'll see that white light if you get caught.

Possible cases like this where there's a chance you will get torn to the ground, the bigger guy has a better chance at coming out on top especially when there's a big difference in weight like 4 or 5 stone which would be the case here. I really doubt the 2 boys stood toe to toe, it was handbags, 50s doing a lot of bluffing, its obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

I know this has already been said, but seriously what the **** is wrong with people where they waste so much of their lives getting worked up about people they have never met and think they know them from what they hear in a song or in a press release.

None of you know **** what really went on, and even if you do, so ****ing what? It's two grown men bickering either for publicity or just sheer stupidity.

Either way, grown men should know better than to get sucked into it.

I stopped bothering with this place a while back because every thread was the same **** about game/g-unit being rehashed over and over.

I thought it had stopped for a while but now it's back as bad as ever (even though the rest of the world had more or less forgotten about it), with the same bitching about rick Ross/young money now added.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

50 is not a bodybuilder though, just because your big and lift weights doesnt mean you are a bodybuilder... there are weight lifters and then bodybuilders theres a difference between the two. 50 has a boxing backround though its not as if he's a bogey acting hard like the typical gangsta rapper, he always trained with mayweathers camp etc in the build up to his fights too.

I also boxed when i was younger aswell before mma and have always maintained my boxing skills. If this was a boxing match yes mayweather would beat just about anyone in the world but like i said when it comes to an actual tussle between 2 people things are different i.e boxing vs mma debate (just google it). No one ever said this was a full on fight either, this was more than likely pushing and shoving etc a few slaps big deal, no one was hurt badly if they were it would of leaked out to the media easily.

Any average joe can knock out a pro... thats what one my trainers drilled into us. The fella who competes and thinks he's the man only to go out and get k.o'd by a regular guy one saturday night, trust me iv seen it happen. Try taking a punch from a guy a couple of stone heavier than you too, you can be as fast and agile as you want but trust me there's every chance you'll see that white light if you get caught.

Possible cases like this where there's a chance you will get torn to the ground, the bigger guy has a better chance at coming out on top especially when there's a big difference in weight like 4 or 5 stone which would be the case here. I really doubt the 2 boys stood toe to toe, it was handbags, 50s doing a lot of bluffing, its obvious.

If you lift weights for any aesthetic reasons, then yes, you are a bodybuilder.

Mr. Rager wrote: »
    If you lift weights for any aesthetic reasons, then yes, you are a bodybuilder.

no its not quite like that all.

A bodybuilder sculpts the body to make each and every muscle standout

A weightlifter (Tugger, swinger, puller or jerker) endeavours to have a large ego as well as large muscles.

Just because your definition might be on display doesnt really mean your a bodybuilder by any means at all. Im in pretty good shape, i lift weights but im not a bodybuilder nor do i set out to individually sculpt certain areas of my physique even though it might look like i do.

The majority of people who lift weights and watch their diet the actual aesthetic benefits usually come with the territory, thats a given. Neither of us really know what 50s training goals are either so tbh its impossible to say otherwise.

• Advertisement

no its not quite like that all.

A bodybuilder sculpts the body to make each and every muscle standout

A weightlifter (Tugger, swinger, puller or jerker) endeavours to have a large ego as well as large muscles.

Just because your definition might be on display doesnt really mean your a bodybuilder by any means at all. Im in pretty good shape, i lift weights but im not a bodybuilder nor do i set out to individually sculpt certain areas of my physique even though it might look like i do.

The majority of people who lift weights and watch their diet the actual aesthetic benefits usually come with the territory, thats a given. Neither of us really know what 50s training goals are either so tbh its impossible to say otherwise.
    A weightlifter in my eyes would be someone who competes in and trains for strongman, powerlifting etc competitions, ie lifts weights for strength and personal bests.

Anyone who goes to the gym 3-4 times a week, watches their diet and has a certain goal in mind (to be ripped and cut or to have bulked up), in my eyes and in most others I'd believe, are in the sport of bodybuilding.

I've seen a couple of your posts in the H and F forum so I know you do all this, and by my definition you're a bodybuilder! Just because you aren't Ronnie Coleman doesn't disprove this, you don't have to be at the top level to disprove this. A person playing J3 rugby with the local club is still a rugby player after all.

Of course, you're right, we don't know what regime 50 is on so maybe he works out to sustain his tough guy image to the public or perhaps it's a strength thing. Could be a bit of both.

Anyways, on-topic - shít song and Floyd would win.

Anyone who goes to the gym 3-4 times a week, watches their diet and has a certain goal in mind (to be ripped and cut or to have bulked up), in my eyes and in most others I'd believe, are in the sport of bodybuilding.

but you also to look at it from the perspective of say a lad who plays rugby who needs to try and improve his performance so he enters a surplus of kcals and pushs weight to increase strength... does that make him a bodybuilder just because he's putting on weight purposely ? People bulk/cut up for several reasons not related to bodybuilding, it might be to do with a sport they are involved in etc but just because they do so doesnt mean they are in the sport of bodybuilding.
    I've seen a couple of your posts in the H and F forum so I know you do all this, and by my definition you're a bodybuilder! Just because you aren't Ronnie Coleman doesn't disprove this, you don't have to be at the top level to disprove this. A person playing J3 rugby with the local club is still a rugby player after all.

Im not a bodybuilder, I go to the gym to lift weights purely to maintain my health and fitness atm and to give me and edge in other sports im involved with, the aesthetic benefits like i said can come with the territory. A while back i was in a different mind frame and was training from a bodybuilding perspective and in the future i will do so again when i finally hang up my boots.:D
    Of course, you're right, we don't know what regime 50 is on so maybe he works out to sustain his tough guy image to the public or perhaps it's a strength thing. Could be a bit of both.
    ye we'll never know that but from what i gather he's into the health and fitness side of things these days, i think he's been there and done that as far as bodybuilding. When he first came on the scene he was a lot more buff, i guess he must of finally packed in the roids because at one stage like most of hollywood he was clearly dabbling with them.

FFS look at dre, the chap looks so unproprotioned another obvious roid user for the sake of vanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

floggg wrote: »
    I know this has already been said, but seriously what the **** is wrong with people where they waste so much of their lives getting worked up about people they have never met and think they know them from what they hear in a song or in a press release.

I've met The Game though :pac:

But yes, I do agree with all your points. I don't particularly like talking about The Game and 50 Cent but somehow they always get dragged into every other topic, same old boring argument over and over again.

FFS look at dre, the chap looks so unproprotioned another obvious roid user for the sake of vanity.

Saw a picture of him recently and he wasn't looking too healthy, could have just been a bad picture but looks like he's lost a good bit of weight/size.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Im trying to remember why i opened this thread but thats just irrelevant now.

My head wants to explode

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭bigpoppa

Hi I'm new to this body building forum. Any of guys like hip hop ?

but you also to look at it from the perspective of say a lad who plays rugby who needs to try and improve his performance so he enters a surplus of kcals and pushs weight to increase strength... does that make him a bodybuilder just because he's putting on weight purposely ? People bulk/cut up for several reasons not related to bodybuilding, it might be to do with a sport they are involved in etc but just because they do so doesnt mean they are in the sport of bodybuilding.

Ah of course, that's completely different.
    Im not a bodybuilder, I go to the gym to lift weights purely to maintain my health and fitness atm and to give me and edge in other sports im involved with, the aesthetic benefits like i said can come with the territory. A while back i was in a different mind frame and was training from a bodybuilding perspective and in the future i will do so again when i finally hang up my boots.:D

Yeah I agree with ya man, I didn't make myself clear enough, I meant training for aesthetic purposes.

bigpoppa wrote: »
    Hi I'm new to this body building forum. Any of guys like hip hop ?

Welcome n00b.

By fusing the dark arts of hip-hop and bodybuilding, we here are willing to transform you into the most trill/ripped mothafúcka on the streets/gym.

Now excuse us while we argue over 50 Cent and The Game :P

I genuinely lol'd at that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭bigpoppa

The answer is simple both had great debuts and have been on a downward trajectory since.

bigpoppa wrote: »
    The answer is simple both had great debuts and have been on a downward trajectory since.

We're not talking about who's better or who's worse though...I'm not anyway.

To be fair both the massacre and doctors advocate are great albums, I think the downward spiral for both started on their 3rd albums.

Both only have 4 albums to their names , I think people forget that sometimes.

Advertisement