Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50 Cent - My Life f/ Eminem & Adam Levine

Options
  • 26-11-2012 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭

in CDQ now

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Giving it it's own thread? Ballsy move.

Sounds alright. It's going to do well obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

hate it, that maroon 5 fella is disgracefully bad on the hook, he doesnt need to be on this at all. Eminem seriously what is he blabbing on about at all for the best part :confused:...

50 just needs to let rip on a track, this beat/tempo does not suit him. The video is due out tonight but i cant see this growing on me at all so boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

It's not bad, but the Adam Levine hook is a bit corny. Could have done without it. it seems like a collaboration for the sake of it, jumping on Adam Levine's recent surge in popularity (think he's on the voice or some such in the states).

I'd agree with you. It isn't terrible by any means but tbh I just don't like it, really cannot warm to it.

50 is arguably the best hook man in hip hop excluding Nate Dogg ofcourse but he could of nailed the hook himself. I think your right in saying its just a feature for the sake of this Adam fella being popular ATM even though Iv never heard any of his stuff out side maroon 5.

They are debuting the song on the voice tonight which btw Iv never heard of until recently, some sort of xfactor show so I say.

Lastly I really feel eminem butchered it, pops on shouting like a mad man and rapping utter rubbish. I really didn't have a problem with that shouting like style on recovery but it just doesn't work here at all especially with 50s more laid back flow and the beats actual tempo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

i like 50's flow on it good verses from
    Eminem's verse is okay
    Adam Levine's voice is very annoying though
    i put it up in CDQ in the OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

I rap myself into this bubble, oh I guess it's bubble wrap, seriously, Em?

I think I'm ready to pull the trigger on Em's music now, the same recycled choppy double-time flows, shouting delivery, and most of all the EMPHASIS he puts on the corniest of lines is hard to listen to

I think Mufcbhoy nailed it, 50's flow was a nice change of pace for him, but the track is a bit of mess to me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Still better than the nicky minaj line eminem had on that bad meets evil track. Pure muck though still.

Still better than the nicky minaj line eminem had on that bad meets evil track. Pure muck though still.

I'm actually glad I didn't listen to the song rhianna has with him ATM if this verse is anything to by.

I think he has another verse of styler greys new single too, he's gearing up for his next album the wrong way.

Literally can't get over how bad he is on this 50 track.

It will be like relapse/recovery, it will have some good moments and some absolute horrible songs too.

I have said it before but he is starting to tip towards being a crap rapper, this and one more bad album and he is 50/50 imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Real Life

dont like it, i used to be a massive fan of both 50 and eminem but i cant listen to anything they have released in the past 3 years maybe more

• Advertisement

The video is out, in fairness to 50 he does too well on it considering its a commercial single.

The live performance was good imo, sounds a bit better without em's verse in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭iluvcheese92

Oh my God, would Eminem ever switch up his intonation, every verse from him these days sounds the same. Just a load of meaningless sh*t delivered at a fast aggressive pace, with nothing thought provoking or notable provided the slightest way (yet on every new video you will see comments saying, "eminem is back!!")
    it's getting old now...

the video is great though
    50's delivers some good verses

MD1990 wrote: »
    the video is great though
    50's delivers some good verses

True, well it's number 1 already on the charts in the states. Its done what it needed to do as a commercial single and that's get people's attention and make them aware the albums coming.

In all it has grown on me a small bit and tbh as far as commercial singles/hip hop goes its pretty decent, nice substance behind it.

Still think em butchered it though !.

True, well it's number 1 already on the charts in the states. Its done what it needed to do as a commercial single and that's get people's attention and make them aware the albums coming.

In all it has grown on me a small bit and tbh as far as commercial singles/hip hop goes its pretty decent, nice substance behind it.

Still think em butchered it though !.
    Em wasn't that bad imo
    i thought his verse was ok not great
    i hate the way the Maroon 5 guy sings the hook though
    his voice is strange
    i would have preferred anyone but him

Just reliased what 50 said about game and buck, his voice is really hard to understand.

Still he is the 2nd best thing on this song, you know it is a terrible song when adam levine is arguable the best thing about the song.

Just reliased what 50 said about game and buck, his voice is really hard to understand.

Still he is the 2nd best thing on this song, you know it is a terrible song when adam levine is arguable the best thing about the song.

I think your the only person to think Adam is good on the hook. 50 kills his part , the problem is exactly Adam and em.

There's nothing wrong with his voice imo anyway. I don't think it was really a diss more him eventually just saying how he feels on both his former artists. He never really replied to either muiscally when they dissed him a bit like what jigga does when his former artists try bait him out., he's had a few sly shots but never anything like 50 usually does in a beef and go all out.

He says he never wanted to damage his artists entirely , he said game has to pay him to keep the g unit logo off his album covers, so it wouldn't make sense to f*ck his money up , same goes for buck but he's in prison for a bit of a stretch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

he said game has to pay him to keep the g unit logo off his album covers

Well that's a lie...

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Well that's a lie...

Game being a former 50 artist is another.

Also Adam levine was not good, he was just the 2nd best thing in this song. It speaks to how bad eminem was more than anything.

Game being a former 50 artist is another.

how? 50 is em and dre's artist it was the same joint deal game done with dre and 50.

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Well that's a lie...

Without starting a war , if we are going to discuss lets just stay on track. :)

To be fair either of us know if its true or not, none of us have a copy of the contract etc. 50 says he is for 5 albums, game says he's not. Geffen who game released his albums on after aftermath/gunit are also under the interscope umbrella. All we know is game has one more album to deliver to interscope , the details of the contract we will never know properly.

Game was dropped from aftermath alright but i really doubt 50 would lie about g unit records, i say it could be easily found out if he was.

http://realtalkny.uproxx.com/2009/11/topic/topic/videos/50-cent-clarifies-the-g-unit-roster/

• Advertisement

how? 50 is em and dre's artist it was the same joint deal game done with dre and 50.

50 started like that though, it is a completely different thing.

Game signed to Aftermath, look it up. He then later go put onto g-unit so as to guve g-unit a young buck of the west. He was put in the group not the label.

Game paying them to not put g-unit on the cover is beyond nonsensical.

50 started like that though, it is a completely different thing.

Game signed to Aftermath, look it up. He then later go put onto g-unit so as to guve g-unit a young buck of the west. He was put in the group not the label.

Game paying them to not put g-unit on the cover is beyond nonsensical.

I know that, he was on aftermath for like 2 years before 50 but couldnt write a hook to save his life so he was honestly on the verge of being dropped, you dont have to take my word for it even kurrupt said it in an interview and knocturnal.

http://www.rapbasement.com/the-game/012610-rapper-knocturnal-says-that-50-cent-saved-the-games-career-watch-here.html
    "Game is from Compton, we know that, okay," Knoc said. "Game was about to get dropped from Aftermath. You hear me? And Aftermath was about to drop him, Interscope was about to drop him and 50 Cent picked him up and put hooks. The only reason why he was about to get dropped from Aftermath is because he couldn't make no hooks for his own music. So 50 Cent picked him up, you hear me? I hope you hear me. [He] made some hooks, 50 Cent made some hooks for him and put him out and sold five million records. What's wrong with that?"

It made good business sense so jimmy asked 50 could he put him in g unit and on the record label, he signed the contract and obvioulsly became a g unit artist... Look at the documentary album credits it was clearly released on aftermath/gunit... there's no denying that one what so ever its a fact. He was 50s artist no matter what way you look at it, he was under his label aswell as dre's. 50 was on all his biggest songs to date, writing most of them which game even said himself when he apoligized to him last year after denying it for years !.

Without the g unit move you would of never heard of game or at least he would be no where near who he is now, he has g unit to thank more than aftermath because thats the wave he rode in on when they were huge in the early to mid 00s.

None of that means he was 50s artist, nevermind that he still is. Kurupt can talk, while he is a better rapper than both of them he never would have made it on Aftermath.

Kendricks album is released under topdawg/aftermath/interscope. He is not Dres artist though.

Dre/Jimmy wanted Game on g-unit to help Game and G-Unit, G-unit wanted a west coast presence. Buck from the south, Game from the west.

How would no one have heard of Game when he signed to Dre, the guy who has let go of more legends than others have even signed? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI5bV_j8tew

None of that means he was 50s artist, nevermind that he still is. Kurupt can talk, while he is a better rapper than both of them he never would have made it on Aftermath.

Kendricks album is released under topdawg/aftermath/interscope. He is not Dres artist though.

KL is now on dre's label, dre is his boss or at least one of them!. If your boss cant call you his artist then there's no other way to describe it, you dont have to discover an artist for him to be labelled your own.

If a manager recruits a player he is his and the clubs player, the same can be said for your record label C.E.O towards one of his artists/employees.

No. But anyway Game left Aftermath so I don't know how 50 think Game was still signed to G-Unit.

No. But anyway Game left Aftermath so I don't know how 50 think Game was still signed to G-Unit.

game didnt leave aftermath he was dropped.

im right he was and still could be 50s artist. Your clearly in denial, at least about being a former 50 artist, you have to constantly defend him in fairness conor. You havnt got any proof what so ever he wasnt under g unit records while iv got proof he was so the facts talk.

I know that, he was on aftermath for like 2 years before 50

Sums it up well.

Also how the hell would he be dropped from Aftermath but kept on g-unit, sounds like 50 wants it both ways. It could not be both. He was dropped because of the thing with 50, dropped entirely but stayed under the same umbrella label.

Game signed to Aftermath, was put on g-unit to help both of them and barely featured on any g-unit songs never mind an album. He was Dres artist, simple. No matter how much help he got from 50, the Documentary was coming with or without him.

Sums it up well.

Also how the hell would he be dropped from Aftermath but kept on g-unit, sounds like 50 wants it both ways. It could not be both. He was dropped because of the thing with 50, dropped entirely but stayed under the same umbrella label.

who really knows? Contracts are messy messy things, look at buck 50 wont even release him but he could pay 50 to let him release it under an umbrella label like he was going to do under mmg exactly like 50 says game does with geffen... look at diddy,jay z they all do similar to there artists they've fallen out with.

we can argue all we want but the fact is he was 50s artist at some point , thats a fact the rest like i said who knows?

who really knows? Contracts are messy messy things, look at buck 50 wont even release him but he could pay 50 to let him release it under an umbrella label like he was going to do under mmg exactly like 50 says game does with geffen... look at diddy,jay z they all do similar to there artists they've fallen out with.

we can argue all we want but the fact is he was 50s artist at some point , thats a fact the rest like i said who knows?

That is because young buck signed fully to him. Completely different things.

Game is contracted to release 5 albums to Interscope, that is the contract not contracted to 50. Obsession aside, on both Game and 50s part they have nothing to do with each other anymore.

• Advertisement

That is because young buck signed fully to him. Completely different things.

Game is contracted to release 5 albums to Interscope, that is the contract not contracted to 50.

Different terms in both contracts obviously but game was signed to aftermath/gunit/interscope... you dont know the in's and out's either do i but the man signed a contract with g unit aswell as interscope and aftermath, A 5 album deal just like the rest of them...

What aftermath and interscope do doesnt reflect what g unit records do and vice versa, banks and yayo were dropped from interscope but not g unit records... g unit as a group is still on interscope though its beyond confusing.

there's plenty of artists who are tied to all sorts of deals that involve different labels past and present.

Advertisement