Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little (or big) things that annoy you:

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Leaving the milk out of the fridge.
    Getting crumbs or jam in the butter.
    Cyclists who cycle on the road instead of the cycle lane. WHY?
    People who dont indicate.
    People who park their cars on the path leaving no room to get by with a pram.
    People who cough or sneeze without covering their mouth.
    The fact that my central locking has stopped working on my car and i keep pressing the button while walking away and then have to come back to lock it GRRR
    People who park too close to your car and you barely have enough room to open the door.
    When your in the middle of doing something on laptop and the battery dies.
    The binman leaving the bin in the middle of the driveway so i have to get out of the car ad move it before i pull in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

One of my pet peeves is people who think I should show pride in my country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭RainMaker

Giselle wrote: »

Islamic womens dress codes.

I don't know, I am starting to find those scarves sexy! :p
    That's probably not the point of them though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

1. Drunks shouting in the street at 3AM on a Wednesday morning;
    2. Bitches that don't reply when I say "hello" in the office elevator - I am not hitting on you, It's just basic manners;
    3. Same as above not saying "Thank you" if I hold a door for them;
    4. Religions and religious zealots;
    5. People that get to appointments 30 minutes early and start hammering you with "where are you" calls;
    6. Nationalism and patriotism; Especially when it only comes out for sporting events - the Fifa World Cup, for example;
    7. Scumbags and their hoodies;
    8. Civics, Starlets, fake Impreza WRX and Lancer EVOs and any grocery-getter with a loud fartcan for an exhaust;
    9. Bad grammar and horrible spelling; There's a big difference between "breaking" and "braking";
    10. People giving lectures about things they have no idea about;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Schoolkids and teenagers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Having to sit through the piracy clip at the start of a movie when you have actually purchased a genuine copy of the DVD :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

[QUOTE=Rasheed;81839475]To be honest with you 9959, I disagree with you that his post was confrontational at all.

To me, he seems to be getting at the people who constantly down Ireland, never suggest improvements, just down it for the sake if downing it.

Nationalism is subjective. Some people reckon its just pot luck as to where you're born but to some it's more. Being proud to be Irish doesn't automatically make you anti British and I do think that mentioning IRA atrocities was rather unfair.[/QUOTE]

I'm almost disarmed by your courteous, well-written post.

If only being "being proud to be Irish" and being "anti British" were mutually exclusive, then in the words of Sam Cooke,"What a wonderful world this would be"

I agree that as a whole his post wasn't confrontational, but I specifically mentioned No.4 in which I saw something that you didn't, so fair enough.

Good luck to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Mammanabammana

Excessively negative threads.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Neewbie_noob

doolox wrote: »
    Outside lane hoggers on the M50.

People who stand on escalators or moving ramps. Walk or stand aside and let walkers pass.

Slow drivers or non indicator users.

People who park on the road when there is a perfectly good car park nearby thereby blocking the road because they are too lazy to use the car park entrance or one-way system.

People who ask a 1000 questions or delay with small talk in long queues.

Owners of profitable shops who fail to staff them properly to avoid long queues at checkouts.

People who accept this as normal and do not complain to the management. It is the only way you will get the cheapskate owners to improve the service and reduce queues.

What passes for customer service nowadays in our banks, slow, slow, slow.

Poor or non existant signage on some junctions causing delays and near crashes. Local authorities love to blame drivers for accidents but dont take the blame for the confusion and uncertainty caused by poor maintenance, vandalism or overgrown bushes which can cause accidents at junctions.

Pedestrian crossings near roundabouts and on blind corners.

Bus Lanes

Are you telepathic ?? Like you read my mind :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭lounakin

Sorry if this has been done before, but I'm just curios about the little things that annoy people out here, let this be like a get it off your chest type thing :P But not to the same extent as the Ranting and Raving Forum, which everyone does not have access to.

My list of pet peeves:
    1. Radical feminists
    2. Slow Drivers
    3. cyclists
    4. people who show no pride in their country
    5. people leaving milk out of the fridge
    6. people who chew loudly or talk with a full mouth
    7. when a set of double doors has only one side open and you walk flat into it (should be a capital offence to leave one side locked :P )
    8. People who leave bags on commuter train / bus seats and get huffy when asked to move
    9. People applying make up on train / bus
    10. BAD PUNCTUALITY ARRRGGHHH

More to come :P

Can everyone please be courteous and avoid racism and sexism , I don't want my thread locked.

Can we keep it to everyday / common occurrences, no one off things, as this isn't a R&R or ARRRGGHHHH forum ;)

How can punctuality be bad? You're either punctual or you're not. You mean 'lack of punctuality'
    You've guessed it, one of my most hated things is imprecision.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Taxi Drivers and their magical hazard lights.

Cyclists.

Old people who feel like they can just jump to the top of the queue at a bus stop.

F*ckers who sit on the bus in their big jacket and decide to open a window.

People who sit on the outside seat of the bus when there is nobody on the inside.

People who do nothing but drive around in vehicles in Halo games....they are online shooters FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

Turtyturd wrote: »

Cyclists.

Old people who feel like they can just jump to the top of the queue at a bus stop.

F*ckers who sit on the bus in their big jacket and decide to open a window.

People who sit on the outside seat of the bus when there is nobody on the inside.

People who do nothing but drive around in vehicles in Halo games....they are online shooters FFS.

Perhaps the above can be summed up in one word:

TRANSPORT

• Registered Users Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

People who aren't me are well annoyin'.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Giselle wrote: »
    It's Yay or Nay.

No it is not.
    It is "yea or nay", same pronunciation.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

9959 wrote: »
    Perhaps the above can be summed up in one word:

TRANSPORT

Yeah, I need a job where I can work from home.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

bluewolf wrote: »
    No it is not.
    It is "yea or nay", same pronunciation.

Dammit. You're right, that's what I meant to type.

I have become that which I loathe :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

People who cross the road directly in front a moving Luas or bus. WAIT 20 SECONDS, YOU IDIOTS!

People who take up too much of the leg-room in the four-seaters on the Luas (there isn't enough space for two people opposite each other to have their feet flat on the ground, so stop stretching your legs right out and making me sit sideways just to be able to put my feet on the ground).

Constant tapping noises / constantly flickering lights.

Slow-walking groups on a narrow path. If you're going to walk that slowly, go in single file instead of four across so everyone else can continue on their way...

People who constantly don't reply to messages (or reply days later when whatever you were asking is no longer relevant).

The printer... it hates me. Never prints anything first try.

[I am very clearly just an angry person :P]

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Frito

I've always hated tautologies, ever since I was born ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

Gawd what an awful shower of gits posted in response to this gittish thread.

You're letting the stuff that gets to you get to you.

You're going to have a bad time.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

People born and bred in Ireland who say 'cheerio'.

I've no issue with anyone else using the expression.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Nissan Micra Drivers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

I have an irrational hatred of people who walk along the street drinking a cup of café-bought coffee. We get it - you're so busy and high-powered that you don't even have time to sit down and drink your expensive Guetemalan roast! On your way to an important meeting, no doubt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Condoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Nissan Micra Drivers
    Lol. People who make weird generalisations. ;)
    (No, I don't drive a Nissan Micra).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Turtyturd wrote: »
    :mad:

People who don't indicate properly on roundabouts.

There is a special circle of Hell reserved for those people who drive at the same speed through villages and on N roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Customers who steadfastly refuse to put coins into the hand of the sales assistant in a shop, even when said assistant holds his/her hand out, and instead dumps it onto the counter. Yet if assistant was to do the same thing, there would be a dirty look or words exchanged.

Ignorance personified.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭MrMischief

Soccer moms in their big Range Rovers.
    Soccer kids in said car above.
    Those easy re-seal packets of ham that aren't so easy to open never mind re-seal!!
    Motorists that have no appreciation/respect for cyclists
    Cyclists who are too cool to wear a helmet
    the increasing use of Awesome by 8 yr old Irish kids

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 806 ✭✭✭getzls

Jade Goodie, even though she's dead.

My wifes boyfriend,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Wait 10 minutes at the bus stop, bus arrives and suddenly the lady who waited with you reacts in horror

You mean I have to pay money?? :eek:

So she gets on the bus and searches her bottomless handbag for aaaaaaaaaaages

And this is how buses get delayed

While I'm here, you want to get off the bus/dart/luas and people just pile on and drive you back

There is more room for everyone if you let people off first :mad:

Women with buggys are especially guilty, use them like battering rams

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

1ZRed wrote: »
    Condoms.

Little annoyance or big annoyance?

:P

Advertisement