Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little (or big) things that annoy you:

Options
  • 20-11-2012 9:38am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this has been done before, but I'm just curios about the little things that annoy people out here, let this be like a get it off your chest type thing :P But not to the same extent as the Ranting and Raving Forum, which everyone does not have access to.

My list of pet peeves:
    1. Radical feminists
    2. Slow Drivers
    3. cyclists
    4. people who show no pride in their country
    5. people leaving milk out of the fridge
    6. people who chew loudly or talk with a full mouth
    7. when a set of double doors has only one side open and you walk flat into it (should be a capital offence to leave one side locked :P )
    8. People who leave bags on commuter train / bus seats and get huffy when asked to move
    9. People applying make up on train / bus
    10. BAD PUNCTUALITY ARRRGGHHH

More to come :P

Can everyone please be courteous and avoid racism and sexism , I don't want my thread locked.

Can we keep it to everyday / common occurrences, no one off things, as this isn't a R&R or ARRRGGHHHH forum ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

The Garda helicopter hovering over your gaff with a spot light beaming down on you at stupid o'clock in the morning for a couple of hours, as happened me last night!

Feckin joyriders/burglars or whatever. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Neewbie_noob

Ghandee wrote: »
    The Garda helicopter hovering over your gaff with a spot light beaming down on you at stupid o'clock in the morning for a couple of hours, as happened me last night!

Feckin joyriders/burglars or whatever. :mad:

Every day things :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

Sorry if this has been done before, but I'm just curios about the little things that annoy people out here, let this be like a get it off your chest type thing :P But not to the same extent as the Ranting and Raving Forum, which everyone does not have access to.

My list of pet peeves:
    1. Radical feminists
    2. Slow Drivers
    3. cyclists
    7. when a set of double doors has only one side open and you walk flat into it (should be a capital offence to leave one side locked :P )
    8. People who leave bags on commuter train / bus seats and get huffy when asked to move

Can everyone please be courteous and avoid racism and sexism , I don't want my thread locked.

Can we keep it to everyday / common occurrences, no one off things, as this isn't a R&R or ARRRGGHHHH forum ;)

1. Is that just 'radical feminists' or feminists in general?

4. In your opinion, how does showing 'no pride' in one's country manifest itself, do you mean through critisism?

Perhaps we should all be unthinking, unswerving, little nationalists, 'my country right or wrong', is that the deal?

I think we've had enough of the first part of your No.8 - including pubs in Birmingham and litter bins in Warrington - following on from your No.4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

'I seen' instead of I saw, or 'I done' where 'I did' is proper.

'We was' instead of we were.

They're, their, and there, misused.

Taught where 'thought' is meant.

Alot...its not a word and hopefully it never will be.

Hunger in a world of plenty.

Islamic womens dress codes.

Noisy eaters, mouth breathers, intolerance and bad manners.

Girls wearing heels so high they can't straighten their legs in them.

It's Yea or Nay. Not Nae, not Nea.

Bad punctuality.

Living within my means, but being told the recession is our fault collectively for 'going crazy' with money. I didn't, so don't blame me collectively or otherwise.

Public, deliberate, and unashamed farting. Its not funny, its not clever, its just ignorant and rude.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

9959 wrote: »

4. In your opinion, how does showing 'no pride' in one's country manifest itself, do you mean through critisism?

Perhaps we should all be unthinking, unswerving, little nationalists, 'my country right or wrong', is that the deal?

I think we've had enough of the first part of your No.8 - including pubs in Birmingham and litter bins in Warrington - following on from your No.4.

Where's the reference to Birmingham or Warrington in that post?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

"resealable" packets of bacon that rip when you open them.

irish-stew wrote: »
    Where's the reference to Birmingham or Warrington in that post?

Either side of "and litter bins in".

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

Orville & Keith Harris

• Registered Users Posts: 16,156 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

My list of pet peeves:
    1. Free Radicals
    2. Unpredictable Drivers
    3. Non-cyclists
    4. ****wit patriots
    5. people leaving butter open and out of the fridge
    6. Slurping
    7. Bishops

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Little thing: Jimmy Krankie (fandabidozi me hole)
    Big Thing: The Spire....what was the point?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Way too angry for this hour of the morning OP!! Chill out.

My big penis in my little jeans annoy me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Pherekydes wrote: »
    My list of pet peeves:
    1. people leaving butter open and out of the fridge

Thugs who gouge out lumps of butter leaving gobs of it against the side of the dish, who then leave crumbs all over it.

Unforgivable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

-slow internet, which keeps disconnecting / losing signal
    -my phone not keeping signal, unable to receive calls
    -cyclists
    -bad drivers
    -getting blinded by people who have misaligned headlights
    -the cost of everything
    -people who litter or throw fag buts out their car window
    -stupid people on adverts/donedeal
    -rude/ignorant people when out shopping
    -people who bang their car door off my car, look me in the face, smirk and then continue on without saying sorry
    -facebook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

Outside lane hoggers on the M50.

People who stand on escalators or moving ramps. Walk or stand aside and let walkers pass.

Slow drivers or non indicator users.

People who park on the road when there is a perfectly good car park nearby thereby blocking the road because they are too lazy to use the car park entrance or one-way system.

People who ask a 1000 questions or delay with small talk in long queues.

Owners of profitable shops who fail to staff them properly to avoid long queues at checkouts.

People who accept this as normal and do not complain to the management. It is the only way you will get the cheapskate owners to improve the service and reduce queues.

What passes for customer service nowadays in our banks, slow, slow, slow.

Poor or non existant signage on some junctions causing delays and near crashes. Local authorities love to blame drivers for accidents but dont take the blame for the confusion and uncertainty caused by poor maintenance, vandalism or overgrown bushes which can cause accidents at junctions.

Pedestrian crossings near roundabouts and on blind corners.

Bus Lanes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

N_ggers.

South Park reference, lest I get banned for racism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

What are you talking about? Pride in your country could be anything from not littering and keeping it beautiful to being proud about sporting achievements .

They are his pet peeves. Do we have to have another Ireland vs. Britain thread?

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

- How taxi drivers and bus drivers behave around cyclists
    - Winter (in general), **** being cold all the time
    - Anything which involves the use of the phrase "Catholic ethos"
    - Queuing for anything
    - Corporate-speak
    - Dublin Airport security queues
    - Bad punctuality

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭sunrise91

People who breath loudly through their nose.
    When people have the volume on their ipods up too high.
    Groups of people sitting beside each other and constantly talking in the library.
    Bad punctuation.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭dollypet

Mouth breathers
    People who put crap in the butter dish- there should be no beans in the butter dish.
    People who make cultural references without seeing the film, reading the book, listening to the music etc
    People who find out I'm attempting to give up smoking and blow smoke in my face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Frederica Beauregard

dollypet wrote: »
    Mouth breathers.

Yes, annoying because they keep having to pause and come up for air.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭RainMaker

Pherekydes wrote: »
    [*]Slurping

[/LIST]

I am surrounded by slurpers at work! One of them drinks about 10 cups of tea a day and also has one of those sporty water bottles which sounds like he's kissing it every time he takes a sip.....

People on Dart/Luas with their feet up on seats

People who get off the Dart/Luas and just stand there in front on the door texting or something while holding up everybody behind them

People who say Dort instead of Dart!

People who interrupt you in the middle of a conversation

People who skip queues

People who express opinions on things they know nothing about

Rasheed wrote: »
    What are you talking about? Pride in your country could be anything from not littering and keeping it beautiful to being proud about sporting achievements .

They are his pet peeves. Do we have to have another Ireland vs. Britain thread?

If he meant people who litter the streets then perhaps he should have said so, I don't like littered streets myself, I wouldn't regard civic pride as being potentially dangerous.
    Also, enjoying Irish sporting success - however difficult that is to do these days - is harmless enough.
    I mentioned Birmingham and Warrington in order to jolt the OP and other potential nationalists out of their lethargy. Warm, wooly feelings of 'national pride' can very easily be manipulated by those who would seek to exploit them for their own nefarious ends.
    However, his number 4 was "People who show no pride in their country", to me that's adversarial/ confrontational, how strong is his nationalism, and how strong are his feelings for those who don't share it?

If I were on an American, Greek, German or English forum, I would say the same thing.

Nationalism is a very dangerous and highly inflammable concept and should be handled with extreme care, so dangerous is it, that I believe the litter bin of history is the best place for it, along with racism, sexism and homophobia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

If he meant people who litter the streets then perhaps he should have said so, I don't like littered streets myself, I wouldn't regard civic pride as being potentially dangerous.
    Also, enjoying Irish sporting success - however difficult that is to do these days - is harmless enough.
    I mentioned Birmingham and Warrington in order to jolt the OP and other potential nationalists out of their lethargy. Warm, wooly feelings of 'national pride' can very easily be manipulated by those who would seek to exploit them for their own nefarious ends.
    However, his number 4 was "People who show no pride in their country", to me that's adversarial/ confrontational, how strong is his nationalism, and how strong are his feelings for those who don't share it?

If I were on an American, Greek, German or English forum, I would say the same thing.

Nationalism is a very dangerous and highly inflammable concept and should be handled with extreme care, so dangerous is it, that I believe the litter bin of history is the best place for it, along with racism, sexism and homophobia.
    To be honest with you 9959, I disagree with you that his post was confrontational at all.

To me, he seems to be getting at the people who constantly down Ireland, never suggest improvements, just down it for the sake if downing it.

Nationalism is subjective. Some people reckon its just pot luck as to where you're born but to some it's more. Being proud to be Irish doesn't automatically make you anti British and I do think that mentioning IRA atrocities was rather unfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

1. Slow Drivers
    2. People who chew loudly
    3. People who you can't rely on to do anything for themselves
    4. People in work claiming credit for something they didnt do.
    5. People who stay late in work browsing the internet to make it look like they are staying late doing work (We know you're not working)
    6. People with no respect.

That felt good. I hate all of the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

-people who litter or throw fag buts out their car window

This one im angry i left off my own list..

I dont know how it can be policed but it should be.

If you're smoking in your car anyway, why bother throwing it out the window you scumbag? Put it in the ashtray.

You already smell like sh*T anyway from smoking it in the car and sitting in the smoke so just leave it there and stop littering our fu**ing roads...

That one really gets me

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

1. People
    2. see 1
    3. see 2

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭jessiejam

Scum bags.

Was in traffic on the way home last night on the blackpool bypass in cork. 2 lanes of traffic on one side and 2 lanes of traffic on the other. I, and another car next to me was stopped at the lights. The lights went green and 2 lads jumped out of a jeep that was stopped in traffic at the other side of the road and ran straight accross the road in front of both cars.

Your man next to me blew the horn at them because he had to brake suddenly, and one of the lads stopped dead squared up and gave your man a hand gesture of the middle finger kind and shouted F*k you. The jeep accross the way beeped and the pasenger (another scum bag that may or may not have been from a certain community) Did exactly the same thing to the man in the car. They have their own sets of rules.

No f*kin respect for anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 expelliarmus

People who don't bother saying thank you when you hold the door open for them.
    Lack of basic manners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Weather whingers - either put on a coat, or move to Spain. Shut up
    Bad Punctuality - Turn up on time, or ring to say you won't be there, I don't want to hear excuses.
    Crumbs in the butter
    People with dirty faces
    Wans at the school gate, smoking fags, in their smelly tracksuits
    Salad cream - awful stuff, totally ruins a sambo
    Gay Byrne
    Those insurance ads - especially the "tiny babies" one
    Brendan Grace - making money from the same stupid jokes for the last 30 years
    Text speak
    People who stand too close to you in a queue, breathing on the back of your neck
    People who nearly hop up on your back to the get the Next Customer Please thing. Don't worry, Im not going to run out of the shop with your box of CornFlakes, that you haven't even paid for yet.
    Guinness Farts
    People who are fake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

My list of pet peeves:
    1. Radical feminists
    2. Slow Drivers
    3. cyclists

Jesus you don't look for much...

Advertisement