Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you have a real job

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Hootanany wrote: »
    Do you not think that offices just created roles to spend budgets.

Any department head in any company will tell you it's part of their role to find ways to maximise productivity and efficiency so they can CUT budgets and save money. This often includes cutting down on staff numbers and putting twice and sometimes three times the workload on existing staff after headcount cuts are made.

No business wants to waste money on what can be their greatest current liability on their balance sheet- namely staff salaries. So no, I don't think any business would create made-up roles "just to spend budgets", and quite frankly just on that- I'm struggling to take you seriously when you claim to be running your own gardening centre, but yet hold such a naive view of how business works.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

pmcmahon wrote: »
    The irish office work ethic is abysmal.

What about the hi-vis jacket contingent on the roads?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Any department head in any company will tell you it's part of their role to find ways to maximise productivity and efficiency so they can CUT budgets and save money. This often includes cutting down on staff numbers and putting twice and sometimes three times the workload on existing staff after headcount cuts are made.

No business wants to waste money on what can be their greatest current liability on their balance sheet- namely staff salaries. So no, I don't think any business would create made-up roles "just to spend budgets", and quite frankly just on that- I'm struggling to take you seriously when you claim to be running your own gardening centre, but yet hold such a naive view of how business works.

Well in my business I don't hire a cleaner we clean up after ourselfs ditto no Tea Lady or Maintanance man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Well in my business I don't hire a cleaner we clean up after ourselfs ditto no Tea Lady or Maintanance man.

Do you have a sound system in your garden centre? If so do you ever play this song...

I meen a proper job not pushing pens and computer stuff

Manual labour stuff that makes you sweat.

None of the jobs you listed above are pen pushing jobs either, and cleaning up after yourself would be standard work practice anyway. So a cleaner, a tea person (nowadays most offices have no tea person, those jobs are contracted out to catering companies!), and a maintenance person are now also "not proper jobs" according to you?

Either you're accidentally digging yourself into a hole, or you've run short of manure for your plants, I'm not quite sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

I meen a proper job not pushing pens and computer stuff
    Manual labour stuff that makes you sweat.

fluck dat, tried it for two years not fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Do you have a real job? asked the OP!:D
    So it takes loads of people to make pills while 1 person can build a wall I rest my case close the thread.

Why use "Building a wall" as an example, when the hardest thing you do is pick up a watering can. :pac:
    I don't build houses
    I have a real job.

A real job, a real job, a real job!???

Right!...
    If you must know I have Garden Centre that I run myself,no hangers on and no Grammar Nazies allowed

Well this really made me LOL! how on earth is selling flower to old biddys a real job?

Also is this you OP?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

My job isn't a "real job". Its imaginary. So are those wages from said job in my bank account :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭GoldenLight

Ok Lets look at what is a real job?

I'm happy with my job, 77 cent an hour, looking after my Mom, with long term dementia, and terminal cancer. I have no problem in kicking you guys in the arse, I decided I would and I work for what I do, it was my idea. (will I was slumming it I managed to create 5 full time jobs, I guessing that is a mistake :) )

If your goal is to put food on the table, pay your rent/mortage, look after your kids, sort things out ect ect, look at a community base Idea, Make sure if you need help, ask for it and except it, you be surprised by how your community and friends react, most of the time they will happily help out, at the end of the day we need communities, and you be surprised what a community can do : D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭flash1080

I have a real job but at the moment I sit in an office pretending to care.

• Advertisement

Do you have a real job? asked the OP!:D

Why use "Building a wall" as an example, when the hardest thing you do is pick up a watering can. :pac:

A real job, a real job, a real job!???

Right!...

Well this really made me LOL! how on earth is selling flower to old biddys a real job?

Also is this you OP?

I didn't someone else did.

again the question stands do you have a REAL Job.

If you want if you post up your job descriptions I can tell you if you want.
    I'm here to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

I'm pretty sure I have a real one, even by Hootanany's interpretation of a job.

I get sweaty, dirty and tired from it.

Am I a real man now?

benwavner wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I have a real one, even by Hootanany's interpretation of a job.

I get sweaty, dirty and tired from it.

Am I a real man now?

Depends on what you do.

Depends on what you do.

I'm a soldier

I'm a soldier

Not a real job you just sit in the mess drinking beer waiting for a War.

NEXT

NEXT

Ahh would you ever stop burying your head in the soil and grow up, either that or get a real job as a clown!

Scratch that, I'd say even clown college wouldn't have you.

NEXT

Cider actually, but thanks for trying flower boy!

You must be a very angry horticulturalist. How are your pansies coming along? Id say you love being fist deep in dung. Are you an uphill or downhill gardener? You must be worshipped by the granny brigade. They love a "man" who can fiddle with their seeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Hogata

Nothing interesting so propably not real ;)

You must be a very angry homosexual. How are your pansies coming along? Id say you love being fist deep in dung. Are you an uphill or downhill gardener? You must be worshipped by the granny brigade. They love a "man" who can fiddle with their seeds.

I wouldn't even bother descending to the OP's level when they display so clearly that they have no clue of the world outside their walled garden, let alone the sheer grit, sacrifice, determination and discipline it takes to be a member of the defence forces.

I'm going to unsubscribe from this thread now, the OP is clearly bored with pottering about in their garden all day and has quite frankly lost the plot.

You must be a very angry homosexual. How are your pansies coming along? Id say you love being fist deep in dung. Are you an uphill or downhill gardener? You must be worshipped by the granny brigade. They love a "man" who can fiddle with their seeds.

What does a soldier actually do then that is constructive

• Advertisement

Czarcasm wrote: »
    I wouldn't even bother descending to the OP's level when they display so clearly that they have no clue of the world outside their walled garden, let alone the sheer grit, sacrifice, determination and discipline it takes to be a member of the defence forces.

I'm going to unsubscribe from this thread now, the OP is clearly bored with pottering about in their garden all day and has quite frankly lost the plot.

Ha I know, he's just doin a bit-o'-trollin' is all1
    What does a soldier actually do then that is constructive

Absolutely nothing. We do nothing at all.

Ha I know, he's just doin a bit-o'-trollin' is all1

Absolutely nothing. We do nothing at all.

That's what I thought as well.

That's what I thought as well.

You thought right, first time for everything!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

No need to stoop to the trolls level and bring out the childish homosexual stuff.

Digitalism wrote: »
    No need to stoop to the trolls level and bring out the childish homosexual stuff.

True

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

I'm here to help.

Ah, was there an English class on that flower and gardening course you done? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭GoldenLight

Hello, the OP hasn't a clue what a job is, basically he thinks it a number two in the the toilet, wait till they have to deal with someone else's **** and constipation of your own believe system.

And wait until he sees someone he cares about die from it.

Let them tell me,I don't give a **** about my job.

I'm sorry obviously I confused the OP for that they had a **** job, well get offer it OP.

Ah, was there an English class on that flower and gardening course you done? :pac:

Teacher by chance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Do you not think that offices just created roles to spend budgets.
    In the cases where the employee has a pile of work up to their eyeballs and a second position could easily be created on the basis of this workload and the employee in question regularly ends up starting earlier and finishing later than what they're paid for... yes. I mean no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

I'm here to help.

You're not here to help. You're doing the opposite of help. You're like a reverse maid. You're an anti-maid.

*goes back to peeling potatoes and smoking cigarettes*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement