Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

ba_barabus wrote: »
    I've an incredible desire to purchase a classic car again but have feck all money

Even on a civil servants wages? :D

What have you in mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

166man wrote: »
    What have you in mind?

I've feck all spare money to even think about it.

Most probably something 70's and random from the British Leyland stable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Bit of a weird day today. We sold our 2006 Renault master van. We bought it in the 2nd January 2006. Sold today so we've had it almost 7 and 1/2 years. I was asking my parents and its the longest they've ever kept any vehicle. Sold in 12 hours in the end. New Owner is collecting it in the morning. It was used for construction has almost 200k km on it. But my dad is no longer in the construction industry he retrained and only needs a car now.

It's funny because people call renaults balls of dirt unreliable. That van was 100% reliable never broke never cost a penny to repair as nothing ever went wrong with it. The van was parked up for the last 7 months. And yesturday we finally decided to sell it. We doed it today passed first time and it was off the road for 7 months :eek: Obviously it sold for buttons vans are worthless nowadays. But tbh that van owed us nothing. So many memories tied up in it. The amount of trips me and my dad went on in it. I have to say ill be very sad to see it being driven away tomorrow never to come back I think we all will :( But at the same point there was no point in leaving it behind our house to deteriorate. Hopefully the new owner will mind it as well as we did it deserves that. Anyway people on here probably think im mad. By the looks of things it will be replaced by something abit quicker :) ill explain more in the next few weeks I want to wait until we actually have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

What engine did it have....?

dgt wrote: »
    What engine did it have....?

2.5dci 120bhp 6 speed. I think the 150bhp gave some trouble but our van never gave any trouble 1 wheel bearing that's it. Outside of that it was just normal service timming belt by 2 break pads and tyres that's it literally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

MugMugs wrote: »
    :eek:

Needed a laugh!
    Legend!!
    "There was a massive fire in the barn, so I decided that I should try to put it out, so I threw a can of petrol on it but it seemed to get worse..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Going from the posts on the checkpoints facebook page the guards really seem to be out in force for the bank holiday weekend with checkpoints and camera vans around many parts of dublin tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

My tax is out since yesterday and I've no money 'till Tuesday, yikes!

CianRyan wrote: »

Lucky you, no money here till I pick some coppers off the ground :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Credit Union looks like they budged, said I should have money on Wednesday:D

Now the bad news...done a full calculation of cost and it looks like this

1999 Nissan Skyline GTT
    2000 CAR
    924.24 AGENT FEE
    1116 SHIPPING FEE
    857 VRT
    311 Duty
    788.21 VAT
    landed + VRT = 5996.45

additional
    Motor Tax 1080 per year
    insurance 1650
    alarm imobilizer 300

GRAND TOTAL: 9026.45

There may be addition costs like handling charges at the docks and I would guess all Japanese tyres have no E mark so 4 part worns all round.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Ah relax would ya, saw a 1996 840ci with tax out since Feb 2012 yesterday.

Chill the beans...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Mines out too, won't be paying it till the 10th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Ah tax is overrated anyway lads, they still run grand without it :pac:

Lucky you, no money here till I pick some coppers off the ground :pac:

Scraping the pennies for another hangover, were ya? :D
    God help anyone around you this morning if it was a trying like last Saturday. :p

@Chris: It's gonna be worth it, just think of the snappy rear and and all the turbo goodness!

@166man: Yeah, I reckon revenue would rather chase him for tax instead of my 100 I'd quid. :p

Scraping the pennies for another hangover, were ya? :D
    God help anyone around you this morning if it was a trying like last Saturday. :p

Oh man, I woke up and was an absolute mess, drinking till about 5am and I can't remember most of it! Broke out a hot water bottle for the auld stomach and was grand by the late afternoon :)

No cheese crackers though :pac:

There's only pennies in the ashtray.... Need lots of pennies for a circlips pliers, yes I'm still waiting on them :eek: The old saying of what's the hold up, are they making them must apply.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Legend with the skyline. i don't doubt it will be worth every penny :)

taxed the glanza today, on the tax subject. 200 for 6 months, so looks like i might not change car this summer after all. also paid rent of 320, 100 in electricity, 50 in petrol, 75 on food and around 40 on printing. so hard to get, so easy to spend :(

Oh man, I woke up and was an absolute mess, drinking till about 5am and I can't remember most of it! Broke out a hot water bottle for the auld stomach and was grand by the late afternoon :)

No cheese crackers though :pac:

There's only pennies in the ashtray.... Need lots of pennies for a circlips pliers, yes I'm still waiting on them :eek: The old saying of what's the hold up, are they making them must apply.....

I always think I'm alright when I first wake up, it's when I sit up for a sip of water and it hits me, uugh. Worst feeling ever. :p

I hate specific tools like those one!
    Doing anything on a bike you run into that ****e all the time, I can't afford a new tool ever time I do a job. :mad:

Andy, a bit of tax will only make it easier to sell. ;)

Thinking of changing the Glanza? :eek:

He wants 11 if I remember correctly.
    The lads were hoping at him to buy it when I mentioned it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

yeah, was considering an ae111... really really fancy the arse off one tbh, but i'm just so ****ing happy with the glanza.

this is how i felt when i had the vitz. spent a load on it, got it just how i wanted it and then sold it. its such a cliche on a car forum at this stage but its genuinely the only car i regret selling. wont be making the same mistake this time :)

• Advertisement

yeah, was considering an ae111... really really fancy the arse off one tbh, but i'm just so ****ing happy with the glanza.

this is how i felt when i had the vitz. spent a load on it, got it just how i wanted it and then sold it. its such a cliche on a car forum at this stage but its genuinely the only car i regret selling. wont be making the same mistake this time :)

Ooooh.... Temptation :pac:

I take it there's no room for both? If it were me I'd be inclined to do so....

Edit: what a strange looking Punto.... :p

ae111's are just brilliant cars imho, you should definitely look into one,if you move on the glanza, you'll miss the initial nippiness of the glanza, but once you get the 4age screaming up to 8k through 2nd and 3rd, you'll fall in love with them, excellent handling, but like any high powered 1.6 n/a, they've no torque, but you don't need it because they dont weigh anything :D

Also they were actually designed in a wind tunnel - now that couldnt be said for many 90's toyotas :pac:

Ooooh.... Temptation :pac:

I take it there's no room for both? If it were me I'd be inclined to do so....

Edit: what a strange looking Punto.... :p

There seems to be a crack & hole in the chassis,

might wanna check for rust :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

Was coming back from bray yesterday, traffic was ridiculously slow for ages, turned off across from the beehive to just avoid crawling in traffic and low and behold i spot a ferrarri 458 spider tearing up behind me :) It was stuck behind me on the windy road, so first straight i saw I indicated to encourage him to overtake me, and my god he did!!!!! The NOISE!!!!!! Dreaming about it all last night!!!!!!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

Well I'm a few weeks into 350z ownership and today was the first proper spin I've had in it.

Today I learned:
    > the car will do 65mph in 2nd gear on the redline!
    > at full throttle the air conditioning switches off to keep power delivery up.

It's a lot of fun all that torque :)

The drive looks so empty with no van :( . Now all that's left is the 2 octavia's and the focus. On another notes my parents and I went gardening today. I was given the job of digging up old plant roots and tree roots. I broke a spade a shovel 2 forks I don't think ill be let garden for another while ;). Suits me all the more time to spend thundering with the cars :).

Also booked my car into the mechanics for next weekend so he'll check it over from head to toe and make a list of everything it needs. I know it needs a few things done such as tie rod ends. So it'll be great to get a definite list hopefully not too long. Although it has been running pretty well lately so hopefully it will stay like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

If im going for 20mm spacers on the rear would 10mm be good for the front or will 15 be better?
    or do i bother with any at the front?
    decisions :( ebay.de is too cheap for these things!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Veloce wrote: »
    > at full throttle the air conditioning switches off to keep power delivery up.
    I didnt know the 350z did that too! Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭Fiona

IMG_20130504_134340.jpg

Morning.jpg

Amen. Oh to be able to overtake in 5th gear again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

If im going for 20mm spacers on the rear would 10mm be good for the front or will 15 be better?
    or do i bother with any at the front?
    decisions :( ebay.de is too cheap for these things!

Are they hubcentric ones? if not they will put stress on the wheel nuts :eek:.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement