Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Yeah H&R DR system Hubcentric :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Be careful out there people: A stuffed Golf near Wiggers cross is a grim reminder of a driver getting caught out on a slightly wet surface, due to reasons unknown.

Strangely, plates are removed from it.... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Yeah H&R DR system Hubcentric :)

I can only ever find focus rs ones on ebay.de

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I don't know how my better half puts up with me, another late night in the workshop tonight, car is all ready for the dyno now though and trackday Monday, i'll finally be able to give my car a good run!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Veloce wrote: »
    Well I'm a few weeks into 350z ownership and today was the first proper spin I've had in it.

Today I learned:
    > the car will do 65mph in 2nd gear on the redline!
    > at full throttle the air conditioning switches off to keep power delivery up.

It's a lot of fun all that torque :)

pretty sure most yokes could do that :pac:

sweet car though :) definitely on my long term "to do" list! hope its blue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I can only ever find focus rs ones on ebay.de

is that a different fitment to the ST or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Gary ITR wrote: »
    I don't know how my better half puts up with me, another late night in the workshop tonight, car is all ready for the dyno now though and trackday Monday, i'll finally be able to give my car a good run!

Its grand, She has a lovely 6 pack owning Fernando to keep her company! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

pretty sure most yokes could do that :pac:

sweet car though :) definitely on my long term "to do" list! hope its blue.

An Ae111 will do over 60 in 2nd.... hint hint..... wink wink :D

Cheensbo wrote: »
    An Ae111 will do over 60 in 2nd.... hint hint..... wink wink :D

feck off :P

so will the glanza :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

feck off :P

so will the glanza :pac:

Would you consider getting a shell of a T-sport or even a 1.0 yaris and droping in a glanza V engine? :cool:

• Advertisement

Would you consider getting a shell of a T-sport or even a 1.0 yaris and droping in a glanza V engine? :cool:

A 2zzge would suit a t-sport much bettet as it would be the right engine for the chassis, and a fair bit more powerful than a 4efte out of the box. I dunno, about the yaris, buying a vitz RS would be much easier and cheaper in the long run.. Plus it's 1.5 to start with

Cheensbo wrote: »
    A 2zzge would suit a t-sport much bettet as it would be the right engine for the chassis, and a fair bit more powerful than a 4efte out of the box. I dunno, about the yaris, buying a vitz RS would be much easier and cheaper in the long run.. Plus it's 1.5 to start with

Hmm, it's interesting, can't the Vitz and Tsport be supercharged?? I think they can.

Having owned an RS vitz i think a 4efte would kill it. The vitz felt like toyota took the glanza but made it work, was more comfortable, handled better and had similar performance. I also dont think the 4e would bolt straight to the ncp or e12 chassis. Could be wrong on that though

Having owned an RS vitz i think a 4efte would kill it. The vitz felt like toyota took the glanza but made it work, was more comfortable, handled better and had similar performance. I also dont think the 4e would bolt straight to the ncp or e12 chassis. Could be wrong on that though

Is there not an RS turbo vitz though?

Thing I always found of the 4e was it ran out of puff too early, more of a 1st and 2nd gear engine than most.

Also always feel that the handling of starlets/glanzas was a bit to erratic, the arse of them has a mind of its own imo

There was a turbo edition but there was a very limited amount of them, they were retrofitted kits done by trd afaik, they werent 'production' i dont think. Theres 4 in ireland.

The glanzas restricted to low boost in first and second i think so your really only moving when you get to 3rd

The vitz has independent rear suspension whereas the glanza has a solid axle so theres a slight advantage there. The rule of thumb in the glanza is no sudden steering adjustment over 60km/h :pac: its very twitchy, wouldnt take much to lose it in the wet id say

• Registered Users Posts: 13,577 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Hmm, it's interesting, can't the Vitz and Tsport be supercharged?? I think they can.
    Don't know if vitz can (I guess it can, just a matter of money), but some TS are supercharged (by TTE).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

volvo did 215kmh on the motorway today. . around the 135mph mark... felt adventurous so I did.

volvo also did this today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Lovely day for a drive today, so I went off down through Wicklow. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,257 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I would like to thank the person who pulled out in front of me today as i got to test out the brakes on the car and i got from 95km to 50km in 3 seconds so i love my car even more than i ever did. And i hope you enjoyed listening to the car horn as that was me thanking you.

mental price (maybe) but i so would :)http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4980524

think he got a little carried away fitting gauges in vents though, it looks ****.

• Advertisement

mental price (maybe) but i so would :)http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4980524

think he got a little carried away fitting gauges in vents though, it looks ****.

It does seem kinda steep, but they are getting rare. Lovely car though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I'd have a GTI-R in a flash. Wet dream of a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

BUBBLE WRAP, did you do the test yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

What test? :eek:

Eh, na dude not yet. It's on the 24th of may. :eek: I'm eager to get it over with. :o

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    What test? :eek:

roadrage.gif

did anything every get off the ground with a wexford-ish area meet up for the end of the month?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

did anything every get off the ground with a wexford-ish area meet up for the end of the month?

Haven't heard much but I'm still up for it, I think a thread mightn't be a bad idea for it?

166man wrote: »
    Haven't heard much but I'm still up for it, I think a thread mightn't be a bad idea for it?

do you want to post it or will i :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

do you want to post it or will i :)

Ahh I'm so nervous not sure I can do it... People like you more than me so you post it, might get a better turnout..:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement