Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever bummed yourself up?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Rigol

I think I'll remove that.
    Might leave a bad impression.
    But don't you deny it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I remember giving a lift to a group of lads going to Ennis. On the way I had to stop at a couple of their houses. When they came out I noticed they had changed into black suits and ties. Their plan was when they got to a nightclub to all chip in for a bottle of champagne and to make sure everyone saw them.

When they were asked what they were celebrating they would tell people that they were all brothers and they had just had a meeting with their solicitor. They were given the news that their deceased bachelor uncle had just left them everything. A large stately home, 200acres of land and about half a million each.

I don't know how they got on but I hope they spent loadsa money and no women gave them the time of day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Jumblon

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

When I was much younger, my first ever job was at a petrol station, pretty much pumping petrol. I would refer to myself as a Fuel-Injection Engineer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

I have, I bent my job over the sofa and took it up the C.V.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Jumblon

Cloacal vent?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭thier

This is the most annoying thread title ever. Can't you change it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

You have ''interesting'' thoughts, Gummy...

I am wiser then my years.. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,170 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

The best I've ever seen was a mate who spun the story that he was a marine biologist and when asked about it nonchalantly mentioned the dolphins he trained... :rolleyes:

Worked though.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

Title reminded me of this http://youtu.be/CVBYwntkiFA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Sleepy wrote: »
    The best I've ever seen was a mate who spun the story that he was a marine biologist and when asked about it nonchalantly mentioned the dolphins he trained... :rolleyes:

Worked though.

It's all well and good until he has to pull a golf ball from the blowhole of a beached whale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

thier wrote: »
    This is the most annoying thread title ever. Can't you change it?
    Do people not use that phrase everywhere?
    I thought they did. A 'bum' here means a person who likes to boast about themselves.

Sorry for the confusion.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

I used to work in a very fancy restaurant, and people would leave business cards in the crystal vase on the reception desk.

Before I went to Vegas I rooted through them, picking out the best most impressive dozen, and at any particular moment I could be any one of the dozen :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Hippies!

I've bummed myself down, I find when I tell women what I do they get over excited and expect me to be something I'm not so usually I pretend to be an average joe soap and see if they like me for me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

When I was a window cleaner I had business cards made up with profession listed as 'Wall to wall transparency co-ordinatar'

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Frynge wrote: »
    When I was a window cleaner I had business cards made up with profession listed as 'Wall to wall transparency co-ordinatar'
    Should hire yourself out to the politicians! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

Should hire yourself out to the politicians! :pac:

I used to, before this aul recession. It was a great gig I had in the dail, €80 per square foot of mirror I was getting. They never even noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

My mate on the dole tells everyone he works for the government.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

(most confusing thread title ever)

Myself and a few friends were in Hicksville USA some time back and of course when the locals heard the accents they were fascinated.

When the standard question "So what are you guys doing over here" question arose, I cut across my friend who was just about to give the usual spiel and told the locals we were working for the European Military Alliance. Nearby was the White Sands Missile range, so I thought it appropriate to tell them that we worked on software and control systems for missiles. My friend decided to get in on the act and asked them "You know how on CNN you see the missiles, in black-and-white, zooming in on the target?". To which, of course, they replied in the affirmative, "Well, we go around an pick up the ones that miss and try to and fix them."

True Story.

Advertisement